Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 03:43 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Christian churches and the practice of Christianity are outlawed in Saudi Arabia.

Converting from Islam to Christianity (or any other non-Muslim religion) in Sudan can get you the death penalty for apostasy.

The word "islam" -- contrary to popular opinion -- does not mean "peace," it means "submission."

Sharia Law allows/requires the oppression of women (including stoning them to death), execution of homosexuals, etc.

When Muslims have conquered non-Muslims, they have required them either to convert to Islam, pay a tax, or be executed.
The other point is most churches and the Bible to reach out to your enemy, to get them to see the Sins Muslims have done against Christians. However the Bible also teaches to be not sheep to the slaughter too.

The problems of the Muslim faith is already taking hold with the Religion of Peace. many Muslims , bravely convert to Christianity, because the Muslim faith no longer reflect the views of their followers. TBC and the CBN have ran several stories on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 06:37 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,052 times
America passed the civil rights act in the 60s to placate its Asian allies who were concerned that they would not be treated as equals. America should clamp down on the Republicans' islamophobia to reassure its Muslim allies that they will be treated as equals.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:48 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
I am neither devout christian or fanatic GOP. Just a normal 30yr old white guy who wakes up to go to work everyday and look forward to coming home and seeing my wife.

That said, fck Muslims. Not too much more to say. If you don't feel the same, nothing I say will change that. And I promise, nothing you say will make me change.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:54 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
This thread is a major fail given the beheadings and executions happening in the middle east everyday.
Bingo!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:57 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post

There’s a pattern here. In 2011, Huckabee said Christians shouldn’t rent space in their churches to Muslims because “Muslim group[s]” say “that Jesus Christ and all the people that follow him are a bunch of infidels who should be essentially obliterated.” Huckabee wasn’t talking about al-Qaeda. He accused ordinary American Muslims, who might need space to pray, of wanting to see Christians “obliterated.” Then, in 2013, he called Islam “a religion that promotes the most murderous mayhem on the planet in their so-called holiest days.”

I don't know of any major political party in Muslim countries that has candidates which call for Christians to be persecuted and targeted. This behavior by the GOP is just outrageous and plain incendiary especially for a first world nation. And to think Muslims once used to vote for the GOP in majority.
Yeah , I don't know what the GOP is thinking, If you are a Christian you are far more likely to die from Global Warming than you are being killed by a muslim.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:13 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
But you did use the bible to justify slavery a mere 60 years ago. Used the bible to prevent women from voting. And still have the death penalty in the bible belt. And just brought back the.firing squad in Mormon land.

Pretty low bar for the leading country of the supposed modern world.

I haven't used the Bible to justify slavery but there is so someone my age who is selling a young girl to be some Muslims new bride in Syria today.

But hey America is a very bad nation with a veryEVIL history.

Bad America bad.

It's funny but it's not.

Can you see why it isn't funny?

You know in1940 something America was very tired of sending its young people to die in some foreign land.

Funny haha.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:45 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah , I don't know what the GOP is thinking, If you are a Christian you are far more likely to die from Global Warming than you are being killed by a muslim.
Exactly.
According to The One, someone driving a gas-guzzler is much more worrisome than any terrorist. That's the largest security threat today.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:48 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I know of a political party in the United States that calls for Christians to be persecuted and targeted. It's first letter is D.
I'm catholic and don't feel persecuted by anyone.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:48 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I must have a much better appreciation of my country than you do.
That's a rather presumptuous statement.

Quote:
I think we are better than that.
Better than stoning women, executing gays just for being gay, etc.?

I agree.

Quote:
Just b/c Saudi Arabia does it then that does not mean we must too or even hold our standards that low.
Do what?

Have a religious police?

Give people hundreds of lashes for blasphemy?

If you mean that, I agree.

Quote:
Come on, it's okay to bash fellow Americans that are Muslim b/c in Muslim countries they ban Christianity.
Their religion bans Christianity. And secularism. And individual rights, freedom and democracy.

But you don't see that as a problem.

Okay, whatever.

Now that we've invited Muslims in, let's invite all the criminals in the world to come here, too.

Why not? They're people, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are > 1 million Christians in Saudi, foreign workers. If they desire to worship, they do so in private.
Yes, and I'm sure you're just fine with homosexuals staying in the closet and women "knowing their place."

Quote:
Saudi is a long time ally of the U.S. We want their oil and most importantly, priced in the Petro Dollar which props up the value of the USD. They want our protection and weapons.
What does that have to do with anything?

The issue raised by the original poster is Muslims in America, not Muslims in Saudi Arabia.

Quote:
As an aside, Uganda is majority Christian. Homosexuality is illegal. Lesbians are raped to demonstrate natural relations. Gay men are killed by any means possible, including stoning. Uganda government claims they have the support of some U.S. Churches and Senators.
You forgot to mention that the "kill the gays" bill was ruled invalid by the Uganda Supreme Court.

You also forgot to mention that anti-homosexual laws and attitudes are a hangover from colonial days when all Western countries punished homosexuality.

Quote:
There's a senior homophobic senator from Oklahoma who has made 135 trips to Africa to spread the word of Jesus and do a little business. He denies influence. Who knows?
When Americans in America start stoning homosexuals while the government looks on with approval, I'll be concerned.

Quote:
Allah is the Arabic word for God. Coptic Christians pray to Allah, too.
So what?

Old 06-13-2015, 10:59 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
The reason liberals and leftists defend Muslims is that liberals and leftists hate:

1) Christians

2) Jews -- I mean, Israel -- and

3) America.

So they are naturally sympathetic to Muslims who also hate:

1) Christians

2) Jews -- I mean, Israel -- and

3) America.

Hatred and hypocrisy are the true stock in trade of liberals and leftists.

How do I know that?

Because all of their alleged concern for women's rights and gay rights magically evaporates when the subject of Muslims comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies