Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 05:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
So it's cool SpencerMtn if one of the terrorists detonated a bomb which blew your son's leg off and the police can't go after them. I guess you support terrorists , hope one of them kills a member of your family and the police do nothing and then see how you react.
NO!!!!

No one supports terrorists!!! Can we please stop with this either/or thought process?!

We do not support terrorists and we do not support the militarization of police in this country.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:11 AM

557 posts, read 736,322 times
Obviously by not allowing the police the equipment and access to terrorists you support them.
If your anti police and pro terrorist you should admit it.in the years to come when ISIS starts operating with impunity in this country the police will need all kinds of military equipment to respond and rescue dumb people Moderator cut: personal - off topic after the bombs have been detonated .

Last edited by Marka; 06-19-2015 at 02:22 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 06:17 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Rep you 1000 tines..you get it...
Naysayers will bleat away while getting blown away and then wonder where was barney fife...

Last edited by Marka; 06-19-2015 at 02:22 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 06:39 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Wrong! We support the rule of law and the constitution and we believe and expect law enforcement to abide by it. We do not support suspending constitutional rights and protections every time law enforcement feels like it. We believe that the law enforcement already has adequate tools and equipment to do their job without riding roughshod over the rights of law abiding citizens.

Last edited by Marka; 06-19-2015 at 02:23 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 06:42 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Rep you 1000 tines..you get it...
Naysayers will bleat away while getting blown away and then wonder where was barney fife...
So you clearly don't believe in the rights and protections guaranteed to citizens under the constitution. You obviously think that they are just an inconvenient detail which can be sacrificed on the alter of expediency.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:26 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So you clearly don't believe in the rights and protections guaranteed to citizens under the constitution. You obviously think that they are just an inconvenient detail which can be sacrificed on the alter of expediency.

I don't believe he is thinking that far ahead actually. it sounds to me like he is scared. Maybe he feels he needs to ride around in a bearcat to be protected. Some people get paranoid and scared as they age. The world changes too quickly for them and they are unable to cope.

I don't think notmeofficer cares about rights or citizens at all, hes just afraid to go out without military armor to protect him.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:17 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
So mike... how would you have handled the situation based upon the facts at the time...

Can you give me some actual operational workable solutions for finding active terrorists/ killers loose in our midst...

For example should we shelter in place and just wait for a citizen to call?

Should we not deploy any special weapons team members ... because they scare people ... and we arent Israel... yet... or are we... or are we headed that way.

I think we're spoiled.... and the world IS coming to us even if we aren't ready

People talk about their rights... I personally want to right to live without getting blown up
Thanks

I understand your point. I don't expect the police to go around with flowers asking the terrorists to come out and have a polite chat and then ask them why they are so upset. Yes, I think our police should have AR-15's and other equipment so they aren't outgunned by whomever they may encounter.

Tactically, you are 100% right. I agree that police should have the equipment they need. I've been on ridealongs. I have friends that are local LEO's and state police. I've seen and heard the stories of dealing with the bottom 10% of the population 90% of the time - the drug dealers, rapists, gang-bangers, etc. My gripe isn't about local police forces having modern equipment and i'm not anti-police.

WHy does what happened in Boston upset me? Well, you kinda alluded to it yourself.

Quote:
and if Obama has
his way he will federalize as many departments as possible before he leaves...
resulting is less local control and say over what and how police...
police...

Who did the ammo buy up... Obama
Who stationed MRAPS in
every state ..Obama
Who is having National Guard prepare for large scale
urban domestic warfare... Obama
Who is using the power of the unJustice
Department... Obama
Who is doing wholesale restrictions of surplus equipment
to departments.. Obama

he wants to centralize power... one size fits
all

Worry not libratards,,,Obama thought police will have
you squarely in their sights by then..

You should all worry more about
weapons confiscation... fast and furious stuff.. death of Brian Terry.. than
any weapons police have
Quote:
Want to worry about something... worry about your erosion of freedom
and rights under liberal big government policies... obamas insatiable thirst to
take weapons away from Americans.. and to control your very thoughts

If
need be ..because attention spans are very short on here.. I can start posting
volumes of armed encounters with police where the suspect outgunned
them...

Start going on ridealongs with your departments... or bleat like
sheep
The bigger implications are what worry me.

So you say that we should worry about our erosion of rights under the Fed gov't, gun confiscation, etc, but then that we should shut up and accept it when police/military roll Humvees down neighborhood streets and pull citizens out of houses at gunpoint because that's what it takes to live in a safe community? 4th amendment violations? 10th Amendment violations? Boston isn't a big gun city, but what if it was somewhere pro-gun? Possible 2nd amendment violations while on "lockdown?"

It's no question ISIS is coming to the US. They are already arresting people with ties, and one guy in Boston was just killed recently. Attacks will happen again, and this sort of "lockdown" will occur again. Will they be used to erode more and more of our rights as terrorists hide in the population? ISIS has been targeting LEO's lately so will that mean every citizen could potentially be a suspect if that continues/increases?

What's going to be the trigger that sets in motion gov't action to assume more and more control while scared citizens say "Save me gov't".

You say don't be a sheep.....well then isn't questioning the (bigger implications) militarization of local police forces the thing to do here? Who do you think is going to carry out the will of the federal gov't on a local level? You mention gun confiscation. Well, who is going to do that? Or is every single local LEO an Oathkeepers and we have nothing to worry about?

Last edited by BostonMike7; 06-18-2015 at 08:29 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 08:35 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think you are missing the point.

Vehicle on the right is marked Boston PD. Saw a bunch of those, in person
The vehicle on the left is a "military-type" vehicle (or rather _is_ a military vehicle). The vehicle on the right is nowhere close to a military vehicle. Juxtaposing the two like that should make the differences even more clear.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:51 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Welcome to the United Police States of America.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:20 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Boris if circumstances like this gets the terrorists I am all for it. So I guess you support the Boston marathon bombers and the 9/11 bombers also. Maybe you should take them into your house to hide them next time they kill children so they don't get caught by the big horrible police.
I have no doubt that you are. Fortunately, Our Forefathers knew there would be people like you and came up with the Constitution and Bill of Rights, so folks like you could not make our decisions for us.

Maybe you should try being more of a human being and stop being exactly what the Terrorists are, by wishing Death on innocent Americans, as you did in your post, just to prove a point. You do realize that, don't you? You thought it was OK for Terrorists to kill a family member of a Poster you dis agree with, just to prove a point? That's what the Bombers did. They saw nothing wrong with killing another's family member, to prove their point. Your both the same. Sad part is that you don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies