Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 05:06 PM

11,160 posts, read 10,925,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
As to the facts of the this case, like any crime against of this nature committed against any human being, I am appalled and saddened. My heart goes out her friends, family and especially to her parents. I have long felt that anyone so-called black person who commits such crimes against anyone, regardless of color has no business being associated with African American people, none.

Now there's my statement, I await yours when some white child, woman, man, is barbarically killed by a white person or gang, and I cannot wait to hear you demand that white people speak out against the white on white crime.
I agree with you here in the first paragraph and my heartfelt condolences are extended to this poor girls family and loved ones as well.

With that being said, I am white (surely, you've come to this conclusion already). And if white people were killing each other in record numbers in mass urban areas like they do in Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore, I would most definitely have a voice in the arena. But the fact is that they don't. And when it does occur, it is an isolated incident, without riots and other unrest to follow.

The OP is black, though, so why don't you focus your responses on him. A militant liberal despises nothing more than an intelligent black man that can think for themselves and is not part of the democratic plantation.
The OP obviously gets the big picture, and is hopefully welcome to returning and discussing it since they started the thread.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:17 PM

297 posts, read 292,926 times
I looked at the Baltimore news clip and noticed that while the police commissioner was reporting on the case, a white officer standing next to him was smiling. I am not sure why he would smile about a 16 year old girl being raped and murdered. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it just seems like he was a bit giddy that things are deteriorating in Baltimore. --These officers just need to resign, because I think many of them really do harbor a lot of dislike for the city's inhabitants. As cops, they should never be seen smiling or gloating during a murder/rape press conference. This is just sickening. Baltimore needs to fire the entire police force and start anew. There is just too much corruption and pathology there.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:27 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,559,982 times
Default Good question!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

I hadn't heard of this horrible and tragic news! Good question though about Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. I'm also anxious to see Baltimore's Black rights leaders on this situation. I wonder if the idiots who advocated doing away with police during the riots will handle this matter and bring about justice for the girl's family?

Old 06-14-2015, 05:40 PM

72,831 posts, read 62,191,020 times
Truth is, Black on Black murder is nothing new. It has been going on for decades upon decades. This kind of news is nothing new. As cruel and sad as it is, it's common in the ghetto.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:44 PM

6,597 posts, read 4,722,985 times
Why does this have to be a race issue? A beautiful young girl dying like this, in agony, following the torture they inflicted on her. Then the complete disrespect of burning her body.

I hope those two rot in hell, no matter their color or her color.

And in response to the above poster, murder itself is nothing new. Got nothing to do with black on black, white on black, white on white, black on white. Murder has been going on for decades upon decades.

What is wrong with the human race?

Old 06-14-2015, 05:51 PM

7,573 posts, read 5,289,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
With that being said, I am white (surely, you've come to this conclusion already). And if white people were killing each other in record numbers in mass urban areas like they do in Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore, I would most definitely have a voice in the arena.
Dude, we can talk about ratios, we can talk about percentages, hell we can talk about records but the fact is in 2011 some 2,600 white people were murdered by white people! I don't know about you but that is a lot of people. That is half the number of U.S. service men and women killed in Iraq over a 10 year period. And you are going to sit there and tell me that all it goodness and light except for Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore?!?!

Quote:
The OP is black, though, so why don't you focus your responses on him. A militant liberal despises nothing more than an intelligent black man that can think for themselves and is not part of the democratic plantation.

The OP obviously gets the big picture, and is hopefully welcome to returning and discussing it since they started the thread.
It would appear to me that you have a rather selective criteria for intelligent black folks, as in agree with conservative white Republicans or be accused of the silliest of sophistic arguments.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 PM

297 posts, read 292,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Truth is, Black on Black murder is nothing new. It has been going on for decades upon decades. This kind of news is nothing new. As cruel and sad as it is, it's common in the ghetto.
I disagree, usually gang members target other gang members. It's not really common for black people to commit these sort of crimes. This is a very new phenomenon. But when you take away a people's language, culture and customs, they are left with nothingness. I'm not making excuses, it's just sad.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:58 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,909,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I looked at the Baltimore news clip and noticed that while the police commissioner was reporting on the case, a white officer standing next to him was smiling. I am not sure why he would smile about a 16 year old girl being raped and murdered. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it just seems like he was a bit giddy that things are deteriorating in Baltimore. --These officers just need to resign, because I think many of them really do harbor a lot of dislike for the city's inhabitants. As cops, they should never be seen smiling or gloating during a murder/rape press conference. This is just sickening. Baltimore needs to fire the entire police force and start anew. There is just too much corruption and pathology there.
If you're going to make such an anti-cop racist statement you should post a link so we can judge.

Until then

Old 06-14-2015, 06:07 PM

72,831 posts, read 62,191,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I disagree, usually gang members target other gang members. It's not really common for black people to commit these sort of crimes. This is a very new phenomenon. But when you take away a people's language, culture and customs, they are left with nothingness. I'm not making excuses, it's just sad.
Now, the burning, that is new. As far as Black on Black violence, that is nothing new.

The way things are, this is what I see. The breakdown of families has been a major death kneel. Now, as far as losing cultures, languages and other things, this is what I see. There is a difference between being an immigrant and being Black American. Immigrants come by choice. Immigrants come with a dream to do better. The forbears of Black Americans didn't have a say on whether or not they wanted to come or not. They lost everything and had to reinvent themselves in a new land. In some ways, it meant taking on the very worst things. Families breaking down was pretty much a death kneel for those living in the ghettos. Those who were able to get themselves out of that culture pretty much don't live in the ghettos anymore. Those who didn't make it retained it.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:11 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,653,989 times
A horrible crime has been committed, let us not use it to make snarky comments about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies