Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 07:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The Boomers won't suffer like their kids and grandkids will. It begins with the voters who put a known unknown (barry soetero) into office. Sadly, while many of them have wised up to the terrible mistake they made, it's too late. I do believe the country is lost (what America was envisioned to be by our Founding Fathers) and is drifting into 3rd world status with rich and poor (mostly poor) with almost no middle class save for government workers. Meanwhile, the homosexuals, illegals, and useless are cheering it on. Sadly, they won't like what happens next. Neither will the other 200 million or so Americans who let it come to this.
So what if the country's founding fathers came back today? They would surely be shocked and want voting rights taken away from women and slavery reinstituted.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
It's an apt name for that user, Emigrations. Some of the dumbest posters on cd keep spouting the company line from OA and are simply not smart enough to realize just what the term "useful idiot" means.

When obama leaves office, they will say how strong and solid he made the economy and if it collapses will blame the new guy if it's a Republican or go back to the "Boooooosh!" mantra.
None of them make it strong, they only manage to screw it up.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:46 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times

Old 06-14-2015, 07:54 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The crime is lying to a grand jury. The fact that you don't understand this and understand the abuse of power it represents is indicative of exactly the problem that I am talking about.

But you are never going to understand, and I do not intend to waste time on you. The usual pattern of these things is that the left corrodes and corrupts the republic, and it falls to the right. So when it does happen, enjoy living under the next Cesar, Napolean, Hitler. It will be entirely the fault of you and those who think like you.

Out.
When all else fails, invoke Godwin's Law.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:55 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Country isn't lost but a few minds are gone

Old 06-14-2015, 08:36 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Lol…..The income inequality in this country is growing, right along with the disgust at our political system, and Republicans are on the wrong side of the argument.

The people you mention only have regional appeal, in fact, no Republicans have had any real national traction for many decades, perhaps all the way back to Reagan. Americans took a chance with the 'new car smell' in 2000, and we are still trying to recover from it. That stench will linger for many more years, and there is no one on the horizon that will remove the stink.
You got that right.

Don't get me wrong- the Democrats are VERY flawed. But Republicans are TOXIC to anybody who isn't an angry, rural white male. What we're seeing here is the death throws of a hegemony that's NEVER coming back.

And Let Me Be Clear. I AM a rural white male. Thing is that I'm not angry. I'm EMBRACING the future. The future BELONGS to the urban. The not necessarily white. The not necessarily male. These are perfectly good people if you're willing to think outside the box and get to know them.

Or you can remain in denial... and the future's gonna happen anyway. You can CHOOSE marginalization. Or you can be an active part of the future. It's a no-brainer to me.

Gooooo Bama!

Old 06-14-2015, 09:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If and when a white man from the GOP wins the WH you guys will talk about how great this country is even if its in the crapper
This x 1000. The truth is, when a Democrat is in office, the economy does well, when a Republican is in office, the economy does not. But what the GOP, and the elderly of POC want is a white man in office above all else. They don't care if he's a bunny boiler as long as it's a white man. They long for the days of Katrina.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:36 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This x 1000. The truth is, when a Democrat is in office, the economy does well, when a Republican is in office, the economy does not. But what the GOP, and the elderly of POC want is a white man in office above all else. They don't care if he's a bunny boiler as long as it's a white man. They long for the days of Katrina.
Jimmy. Carter.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Jimmy. Carter.
In...1976?

I've come to think Bush was probably never even looking for bin Laden. Come on, seven years of war, he never gets him but Obama gets him halfway through his first term? As long as bin Laden was out there, Bush could keep the war going without end and Republicans had no problem with literally billions of dollars on pallets disappearing in Iraq.

Katrina? No problem for Republicans. Unfunded Medicare Part D costing billions? No problem for Republicans.

Reagan increased taxes almost every year he was in office and trickle down never trickled down.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:25 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.

This has been building for awhile, but I see a cognitive tyranny now that I've never seen before. It makes me concerned the country is already lost to progressivism and is on the road to self-destruction.
Do you need a Kleenex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies