Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 06:01 PM

222 posts, read 231,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
King would have lectured you about racism. And you don't need a class to read and understand King's very clear message.

You really shouldn't try to twist King's message to meet modern politics. King would be shunned by Dems today.

The GOP is still waiting for the records to be released so they can once again say "Reagan was right" "We'll know in thirty-five years, won't we?"

Reagan's heart was NOT in the signing of the bill -- he was pressured into recognizing King as a moral force. PRESIDENT, SIGNING BILL, PRAISES DR. KING - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Mr. Reagan was asked then whether he agreed that Dr. King was a ''Communist sympathizer,'' as Senator Jesse Helms, a North Carolina Republican, had asserted. Mr. Reagan replied, ''We'll know in about 35 years, won't we?'' Under a court order, records of electronic surveillance of Dr. King, conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, are sealed in the National Archives until the year 2027.
Reagan was a master at playing the Dog Whistle

Old 07-19-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Black Lives Matters slogan is intended for the Police / Govt Officials. These people are suppose to protect and serve, not shoot people who are handcuffed and aren't a threat.
"shoot people who are handcuffed and aren't a threat?"

This is happening all of the time? Where?

I believe hyperbolic statements like yours demean the lives of the true victims of authority gone wild

Old 07-19-2015, 06:10 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
really? Class -- the issue of class. I grew up in an urban white neighborhood. We never got treated like other white people did -- you know -- the one's in the suburbs or with connections to power.

Wake up yourself. It isn't white people who are now registering this type of power, it is a class thing. Always has been, always will be.
How would you know how other whites got treated?

Clairvoyance?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
How would you know how other whites got treated?

Clairvoyance?
Uhm, I have met lots of other whites and had friends in other white neighborhoods? Do you get out often?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Uhm, I have met lots of other whites and had friends in other white neighborhoods? Do you get out often?
if you're comparing police interactions with your friends, you need new friends.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
if you're comparing police interactions with your friends, you need new friends.
Class .. you just don't get it.

See?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:27 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
King would have lectured you about racism. And you don't need a class to read and understand King's very clear message.
Well let's see how adept you are at reading for comprehension. This this is my opening paragraph with emphasis added:
"When it comes to state actors abusing the rights of citizens, I don't care what color the victim is. I don't care about their background what I care about is that they are afforded the rights guaranteed to them by the Constitution. That means not being denied life or liberty without due process of law."
[note - I don't care what color the victim is... what I care about is that they are afforded the rights guaranteed to them by the Constitution. That seems pretty racially inclusive to me, but maybe you have a different take on what not caring about a person's color just their rights mean.]
"Now there seems to be some controversy over the slogan "Black Lives Matter." I have to suppose that those who originated the slogan were motivated by what happens before their own eyes and because we live in a socially segregated country, I suspect that a lot of black folks don't see a lot of white folks being abused by the police, something that I know for a fact happens, so "Black Lives Matter" seem to be the more pressing issue.

Then comes along, "All Lives Matter," and from this leftist position, that's a slogan that I can readily adopt as being far more unifying because I do know that police abuse cuts across all races, not at the same rate but that isn't a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately that slogan didn't arise out of a concern for the Constitutional rights white person who have been unjustly killed at the hands of the police. And that too is unfortunate because if it did, there could have been a single unifying movement to end police corruption and abuse. "

[note - Again, your argument seems to be that in direct contradiction to your accusation that my statement is racist in nature or in variance with the quote provided by Dr. King. To accuse my posting as being a racist "rant" when I clearly acknowledge that police abuse cuts across all races and needs to be addressed by a multi-racial coalition can only mean one of two things, either you didn't read what I clearly wrote or you are being purposefully obtuse.]

Old 07-19-2015, 06:29 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
Quote:
lol.. burned.... Reminds me of the guy who posted about his "black neighbor" hanging a confederate flag on his home.

When ask for photos, he changed topic. Even though we gave him a few hours to google some photos for us.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Class .. you just don't get it.

See?
Yeah, I make a lot of money, it's safe to say my friends and I aren't discussing Bill getting his ass kicked by the cops.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I make a lot of money, it's safe to say my friends and I aren't discussing Bill getting his ass kicked by the cops.
You make a lot of money? Donald? Is it really you? How's the campaign going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies