U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2015, 05:29 PM
 
7,328 posts, read 4,013,331 times
Reputation: 9081

Advertisements

When it comes to state actors abusing the rights of citizens, I don't care what color the victim is. I don't care about their background what I care about is that they are afforded the rights guaranteed to them by the Constitution. That means not being denied life or liberty without due process of law.

Now there seems to be some controversy over the slogan "Black Lives Matter." I have to suppose that those who originated the slogan were motivated by what happens before their own eyes and because we live in a socially segregated country, I suspect that a lot of black folks don't see a lot of white folks being abused by the police, something that I know for a fact happens, so "Black Lives Matter" seem to be the more pressing issue.

Then comes along, "All Lives Matter," and from this leftist position, that's a slogan that I can readily adopt as being far more unifying because I do know that police abuse cuts across all races, not at the same rate but that isn't a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately that slogan didn't arise out of a concern for the Constitutional rights white person who have been unjustly killed at the hands of the police. And that too is unfortunate because if it did, there could have been a single unifying movement to end police corruption and abuse.

But that isn't what happened.

Instead the slogan "All (white) Lives Matter" is thrown around like a red flag to troll the death of any white person at the hands, not of police officers, but any black person regardless of the situation. So once again, instead of joining with the African American's in protesting the abuse of Constitutional powers by members of local, state and federal law enforcement, too many white folks get their heads turned around and instead of looking to those who could be their natural allies instead take the side of those who abuse us all.

One has to wonder if some white folks will every figure out how they are being played.

Here's a speech by Martin Luther King that you won't see Bill O'Reily or Shawn Hannity quoting anytime soon, but you should read it.

In part King states:
"Toward the end of the Reconstruction era, something very significant happened. That is what was known as the Populist Movement. (Speak, sir) The leaders of this movement began awakening the poor white masses and the former Negro slaves to the fact that they were being fleeced by the emerging Bourbon interests. Not only that, but they began uniting the Negro and white masses into a voting bloc that threatened to drive the Bourbon interests from the command posts of political power in the South.

To meet this threat, the southern aristocracy began immediately to engineer this development of a segregated society. I want you to follow me through here because this is very important to see the roots of racism and the denial of the right to vote. Through their control of mass media, they revised the doctrine of white supremacy. They saturated the thinking of the poor white masses with it, thus clouding their minds to the real issue involved in the Populist Movement. They then directed the placement on the books of the South of laws that made it a crime for Negroes and whites to come together as equals at any level. And that did it. That crippled and eventually destroyed the Populist Movement of the nineteenth century.

...If it may be said of the slavery era that the white man took the world and gave the Negro Jesus, then it may be said of the Reconstruction era that the southern aristocracy took the world and gave the poor white man Jim Crow. He gave him Jim Crow. And when his wrinkled stomach cried out for the food that his empty pockets could not provide, he ate Jim Crow, a psychological bird that told him that no matter how bad off he was, at least he was a white man, better than the black man. And he ate Jim Crow."
For the full speech:

Address at the Conclusion of the Selma to Montgomery March**

All Lives Matter is now just more Crow.

 
Old 06-14-2015, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Aztlan
2,686 posts, read 1,416,142 times
Reputation: 1282
Do you not believe that al lives matter? Do only black lives matter?
 
Old 06-14-2015, 08:59 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 13,005,852 times
Reputation: 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Do you not believe that al lives matter? Do only black lives matter?
The hood rats DON'T agree; they're the KKK in 2015 when talking about Black people being murdered for no good reason.
 
Old 06-14-2015, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Aztlan
2,686 posts, read 1,416,142 times
Reputation: 1282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The hood rats DON'T agree; they're the KKK in 2015 when talking about Black people being murdered for no good reason.
Good point. If black lives mattered to them we would be seeing the black community addressing the shootings of black lives by other black lives in Chicago.
 
Old 06-14-2015, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,292 posts, read 11,535,980 times
Reputation: 4315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
When it comes to state actors abusing the rights of citizens, I don't care what color the victim is. I don't care about their background what I care about is that they are afforded the rights guaranteed to them by the Constitution. That means not being denied life or liberty without due process of law.

Now there seems to be some controversy over the slogan "Black Lives Matter." I have to suppose that those who originated the slogan were motivated by what happens before their own eyes and because we live in a socially segregated country, I suspect that a lot of black folks don't see a lot of white folks being abused by the police, something that I know for a fact happens, so "Black Lives Matter" seem to be the more pressing issue.

Then comes along, "All Lives Matter," and from this leftist position, that's a slogan that I can readily adopt as being far more unifying because I do know that police abuse cuts across all races, not at the same rate but that isn't a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately that slogan didn't arise out of a concern for the Constitutional rights white person who have been unjustly killed at the hands of the police. And that too is unfortunate because if it did, there could have been a single unifying movement to end police corruption and abuse.

But that isn't what happened.

Instead the slogan "All (white) Lives Matter" is thrown around like a red flag to troll the death of any white person at the hands, not of police officers, but any black person regardless of the situation. So once again, instead of joining with the African American's in protesting the abuse of Constitutional powers by members of local, state and federal law enforcement, too many white folks get their heads turned around and instead of looking to those who could be their natural allies instead take the side of those who abuse us all.

One has to wonder if some white folks will every figure out how they are being played.

Here's a speech by Martin Luther King that you won't see Bill O'Reily or Shawn Hannity quoting anytime soon, but you should read it.

In part King states:
"Toward the end of the Reconstruction era, something very significant happened. That is what was known as the Populist Movement. (Speak, sir) The leaders of this movement began awakening the poor white masses and the former Negro slaves to the fact that they were being fleeced by the emerging Bourbon interests. Not only that, but they began uniting the Negro and white masses into a voting bloc that threatened to drive the Bourbon interests from the command posts of political power in the South.

To meet this threat, the southern aristocracy began immediately to engineer this development of a segregated society. I want you to follow me through here because this is very important to see the roots of racism and the denial of the right to vote. Through their control of mass media, they revised the doctrine of white supremacy. They saturated the thinking of the poor white masses with it, thus clouding their minds to the real issue involved in the Populist Movement. They then directed the placement on the books of the South of laws that made it a crime for Negroes and whites to come together as equals at any level. And that did it. That crippled and eventually destroyed the Populist Movement of the nineteenth century.

...If it may be said of the slavery era that the white man took the world and gave the Negro Jesus, then it may be said of the Reconstruction era that the southern aristocracy took the world and gave the poor white man Jim Crow. He gave him Jim Crow. And when his wrinkled stomach cried out for the food that his empty pockets could not provide, he ate Jim Crow, a psychological bird that told him that no matter how bad off he was, at least he was a white man, better than the black man. And he ate Jim Crow."
For the full speech:

Address at the Conclusion of the Selma to Montgomery March**

All Lives Matter is now just more Crow.
As you can clearly see by the first 3 responses to your thread, your explanation isnt working for those who just want to sling mud.
 
Old 06-14-2015, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Iowa, USA
6,553 posts, read 3,281,077 times
Reputation: 3801
Yeah the 'all lives matter' thing is childish.

Of course all lives matter. Saying 'X matters' is not the equivalent of saying 'only X matters.' But when 'Black Lives Matter' shows up as a result of a disproportionate amount of black people being shot, sometimes for relatively minor crimes, by cops, a bunch of reactionary idiots got upset that we weren't talking about them. And that's what this is. They're not the center of attention for a minute, and they set out to change that.

When a group feels marginalized and targeted by police forces, they have the right to remind everyone that they're important because in the current state of things, they feel we don't think that. They're not trying to be superior or take something from white people. Only white people who feel the have something to lose (but deny that white privilege is a thing) are toting this 'all lives matter' thing. Yes, all lives matter, but if you feel the need to say that, you're completely missing the point of saying black lives matter, or know the point and are deliberately fighting it. Either way, you sound like a ****.
 
Old 06-14-2015, 09:17 PM
 
16,930 posts, read 8,613,921 times
Reputation: 9723
once again its "white people" fault... just what we need, more racial blame. SMH .
 
Old 06-14-2015, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,574 posts, read 2,432,116 times
Reputation: 2743
Interesting. Such craziness in American history that affects society today.


Haha @ the idea that the white man gave the African Jesus. More like they forced a polluted version of Christianity on the Africans, some of whose religions incorporated the same holy law that the majority of Europeans disgarded. Interesting the level of delusion...
 
Old 06-20-2015, 05:10 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,718 posts, read 4,785,954 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Good point. If black lives mattered to them we would be seeing the black community addressing the shootings of black lives by other black lives in Chicago.
And white people kill white people. It's proximity. We still self-segregate. What is your point?

White-on-white murder in America is out of control
 
Old 06-20-2015, 06:34 AM
 
26,655 posts, read 9,067,091 times
Reputation: 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Yeah the 'all lives matter' thing is childish.

Of course all lives matter. Saying 'X matters' is not the equivalent of saying 'only X matters.' But when 'Black Lives Matter' shows up as a result of a disproportionate amount of black people being shot, sometimes for relatively minor crimes, by cops, a bunch of reactionary idiots got upset that we weren't talking about them. And that's what this is. They're not the center of attention for a minute, and they set out to change that.

When a group feels marginalized and targeted by police forces, they have the right to remind everyone that they're important because in the current state of things, they feel we don't think that. They're not trying to be superior or take something from white people. Only white people who feel the have something to lose (but deny that white privilege is a thing) are toting this 'all lives matter' thing. Yes, all lives matter, but if you feel the need to say that, you're completely missing the point of saying black lives matter, or know the point and are deliberately fighting it. Either way, you sound like a ****.

Being the center of attention may be the reason for the problem in the first place. Developing a culture of the disgusting behavior related to gang and prison life has its own short comings. Embracing fowl language and criminal acts like rape and murder through music and appearance is not the way to get support from the larger community of any color. .

'Stop killing us" is one I could get behind.

What really matters was expressed, rather well, by a black man recently in regards to the shooting in S.C. In essence what he said was, until you are personally effected, you won't understand the senseless pain and despair. You really won't get it, until your effected personally when it hits closer to your circle of relationships.

What matters to most is their lives and their family and friends lives. All the other lives that people claim matter are down the list and less important.

Black lives matter, white lives matter, all lives matter, hands up don't shoot, pants up don't loot, None of that matters to me. I'm just not feeling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top