Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The above two posts mirror the conversation a group of my friends and I had at lunch the day after this all came out. Either people have a right to determine their own identity regardless of their phenotype or they don't. This arguing by people who support transgender rights that transracial rights wouldn't be the same smacks of very narrow thinking where only your own wants/needs are valid and if you don't have them or understand them the other person is in the wrong. It is highly hypocritical.

Yes. That is no different than a child saying I FEEL like I should have a penis. I know you are going to say it is different because...blah, blah, blah.....but their feelings matter to them even if you don't think they are no big deal and they shoukd get over it.

Has it ever occurred to you that this woman felt her biological identity was a lie and therefore she developed mental/emotional problems, along with a complete false identity for herself, trying to come to terms with it? That is what we have been told happens with transsexuals, and if you honestly consider that possibility the extreme false narrative she has created for herself is not unlike the extreme false narrative seen in some transsexuals. There is no telling how many people are out there that have been purposefully living as another race, their emotional stability though has not led them to create such an elaborate alternate history. Or they just haven't been caught.

I agree this woman has mental problems, but maybe the feelings of being in the wrong body came first.
What wrong body? People of different races do not have different bodies.

Again, I'm open minded if anyone has any documentation that such a conflict exists.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What wrong body? People of different races do not have different bodies.

Again, I'm open minded if anyone has any documentation that such a conflict exists.
They have different facial features, different hair texture, and different skin tone for starters. Like it or not, those are all things that we use to identify who we are. If the physical package of what you and the world see is in total conflict with how you genuinely feel inside, you are in the wrong body. Like all things, there are varying degrees of disconnect.

A disconnect with your own race is a bigger deal than you may realize, I image the self loathing created by it would result emotional problems for the person. The documentation is that there are people who say they feel that way.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:38 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
Any disorder with "trans" in front of is a mental disorder and therapy is needed, not surgery and hormones as this only confuses them and everyone else much more.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:41 AM

564 posts, read 747,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Really. So since it is acknowledged that gene expression varies between black and white people, and between white and Asian people, and between Asian and black people - that is racist? Why do you think a white person looks different from an Asian person if not for a biological difference. You think it is purely a sociological construct? That the difference falls away if we stop believing it?

One problem here is that the term "race" is used to cover a multitude of meanings, when its to one's advantage. But not when its to one's disadvantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There are biological differences. That's not racist, it's fact. That's why some drugs work better for people of different races.
Quote:
No, this person believes that if we as a society have determined that what you feel inside is how you should be defined then that should not just be limited to gender. And (cough*cough) they can do DNA tests to identify your genetic racial makeup, that means there is a biological difference between the races. It's only racist if you think a person's race makes them either inferior or superior.
Thank you, what is it with people assigning everything to social construct these days?

Race, gender and sexuality are biological in nature, to say they're social constructs like some people claim, is just stupid and ignorant.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about the process. As far as society goes both are people who are uncomfortable in the body they were born with and the role society has assigned them. Our society is now poised to allow what a person feels to be the determining factor in how they are defined as opposed to biology, it is discriminatory and disingenuous to just limit that to gender.
I think this woman is a complete basket case of mental illness, how screwed up do you have to be to spray on tan your body and perm your hair every day for years and lie about you and present yourself to the world as something you're not and live like that? But I definitely agree if society now says that it's ok for you to identify as whatever you "feel" like then it's definitely discriminatory and dishonest to only limit that to gender.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:51 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This is exactly my thought, too. There was a time when transgender wasn't popular. There was a time when there was only a handful of known transgenders. There was a time when everyone thought they were sick and liars and twisted. Just because it's more accepted now shouldn't negate the validity of other [i]trans-individuals[/I].

I can't help but think it's hypocritical.
Yep, and vocal non-acceptance always occurs before acceptance begins.

In reality there are many Rachel's out there. Most of the ones that are obvious, are white women, who have mixed children who live in predominately black communities. They are fitting in with their environment, so not so strange.

It's really no different than a Black man or woman who lives in a predominately White environment. I went to high school with black Valley girls, that other than being black. were indistinguishable from their White, Asian, and Hispanic counterpart V-girls. Were they not being true to themselves?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
They have different facial features, different hair texture, and different skin tone for starters. Like it or not, those are all things that we use to identify who we are. If the physical package of what you and the world see is in total conflict with how you genuinely feel inside, you are in the wrong body. Like all things, there are varying degrees of disconnect.

A disconnect with your own race is a bigger deal than you may realize, I image the self loathing created by it would result emotional problems for the person. The documentation is that there are people who say they feel that way.
That is true of every single person on the planet, apart from identical twins.

There is no specific way one acts purely based on what race they are born into, innately. It's all learned, environmental and cultural.

There are plenty of people unhappy with their physical characteristics, for many reasons. (Usually societal pressure and wanting to fit in though). That is different to transgender people. Transgender people are driven to be who they are regardless of social ridicule or exile. Same with gay people.

I don't see it with race. Unless someone identifies with a cultural aspect different to their own. Let me put it this way, do you think a person born into an isolated tribe in the rainforest who doesn't interact with anyone from the outside world would ever feel they've been born into the wrong racial body?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, and vocal non-acceptance always occurs before acceptance begins.

In reality there are many Rachel's out there. Most of the ones that are obvious, are white women, who have mixed children who live in predominately black communities. They are fitting in with their environment, so not so strange.

It's really no different than a Black man or woman who lives in a predominately White environment. I went to high school with black Valley girls, that other than being black. were indistinguishable from their White, Asian, and Hispanic counterpart V-girls.
Were they not being true to themselves?
Right. There's no significant physiological barriers preventing people from changing their environment and living how they choose. The key word being environment. There is no "yourself" in terms of race. There's culture. You can be whatever culture you choose, and be true to yourself, the only thing stopping you is non acceptance from either the culture you come from or the one you identify with.

There are significant physiological barriers to living as the sex you think you should be. That's why the transitioning process is so complex. If it was just a matter of sticking on a dress and calling yourself she (or vise versa) then it wouldn't be so difficult.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:08 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Transracial originates from adoptive and academic circles to describe the experience of children raised in homes that are phenotypically and culturally different from their birth, not what the liberals are now appropriating it to mean.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:42 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Transracial? What a silly term. That's what's made up. Transgender is a biological and psychological condition that has been thoughouly documented. Transracial doesn't exist. A person can be multiracial, however. Both types of people are quite discriminated against, as evidenced by the comments in this thread. That's very sad.
Chromosomes in every Mammal that ever existed dictates their gender. If people accept the idea that one can chage genders because they identify better with the opposite sex, then one that identifies better as a different race, must be accepted by the same folks.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 AM

834 posts, read 1,217,454 times
Bet that there are more folks who want to be white than other races. There are so many more men who want to be women than vice versa. So it' isn't nature because then the confusion would be sprinkled evenly.

Race, gender, sexual orientation changes are foremost driven by social and economic desires. Of course the desire expresses itself psychologically the longer one nurtures it. And the more one finds media and communities to support it.

Now that we can make much money with it the 'trans' industry is born. Live with it. Accept it. And you'll be rich and famous too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies