Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 02:16 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,457,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
No kidding. Debt is out of control, underemployment is rampant, health care and education costs keep rising, the gulf between rich and poor keeps growing, cops are acting like they're in a war zone, our civil liberties are being gutted, people are dying in meaningless wars, and we're on the verge of passing a trade deal that will gut the U.S. working class even further as corporations rake in record profits and continue their race to the bottom on wages and benefits. And all people can talk about is Bruce Jenner's sex change and some woman in what amounts to blackface.

Bread and circuses. This country is freaking doomed, because people are too stupid and self-absorbed to see what's going on in the world.
This is right on; to echo a poster above - this deserves its own thread. There is so much meat here to think over, discuss.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:13 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Rachel Dolezal is bisexual. Well, at least for today.
She hasn't yet declared herself a black male. That's what I'm waiting for.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Her family (according to her apparently "sane" parents) are fully from European decent for one thing and for another, I don't care if you call yourself purple with polka dots unless you use it to game the system and take advantage of things that rightfully (by law) belong to others like grants,scholarships,jobs etc.

Yes, everybody gets that the NAACP has had white people that were members, including the founders BUT they did not claim to be something they weren't (racially) to get there.
You are not supposed to get jobs or grants because of your race. So if she lied her way into these things wonderful for her. It shows how stupid it is to have grants, scholarship, etc that are.

Its not like they can require a dna test from applicants. Hire people strictly on their qualifications to do the job. The fact Rachel was able to game the system shows how stupid it is.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:45 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Don't forget the dude! There's gotta be a dude somewhere in her "self-identification", too!

It's an imaginary trisexual/interracial orgy with the mess going on in that head. The dude will no doubt be Latino.

Did Obama have anything to say about her? If he had an American sister would she look like the white girl posing as a black woman? . I would have DHS watch her as she could be a serial killer as well, especially after her "outing".

Old 06-18-2015, 08:38 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You are not supposed to get jobs or grants because of your race. So if she lied her way into these things wonderful for her. It shows how stupid it is to have grants, scholarship, etc that are.

Its not like they can require a dna test from applicants. Hire people strictly on their qualifications to do the job. The fact Rachel was able to game the system shows how stupid it is.
Actually, if you are claiming Native American on certain job applications, you will be asked to provide proof of tribal affiliation. There are people who are over half Native that don't have tribal affiliation, because their grandparents didn't have the documentation to prove it, so they themselves can't prove it. So basically, you need to have a pedigree to prove you are Native American in the USA.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:44 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I have no idea why people think these two situations are comparable.

Why do you think these are similar situations?
For whatever reason, they have both come to the conclusion that they are something they are not. There are very few true transgender people, Bruce Jenner isn't one of them and Rachel isn't truly black.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:02 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I think this person has gotten their 15 minutes of fame. Who cares what she is, or what she says she is. I am sure what she needs more than anything is professional help (counseling).

How I feel.

She does not interest me enough to watch her "reality show". Wait...I watch NO ONE'S "reality shows".

If people are worried about race in the US, focus on the church shooting - not this individual.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

No argument, but someone who is honorable doesn't game the system then publicly b$tch that the system isn't fair to the same people she's passing herself off as.

In other words you don't complain,protest,rant and rave about how things are unfair for black people and then steal the very things you're complaining they should get...

Old 06-19-2015, 12:45 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Actually, if you are claiming Native American on certain job applications, you will be asked to provide proof of tribal affiliation. There are people who are over half Native that don't have tribal affiliation, because their grandparents didn't have the documentation to prove it, so they themselves can't prove it. So basically, you need to have a pedigree to prove you are Native American in the USA.
My exGF is 1/4 Cherokee but has no pedigree certificate. Is there an American Indian Club - AIC - just like there is an American Kennel Club - AKC ?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:58 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No argument, but someone who is honorable doesn't game the system then publicly b$tch that the system isn't fair to the same people she's passing herself off as.

In other words you don't complain,protest,rant and rave about how things are unfair for black people and then steal the very things you're complaining they should get...
She didn't steal. She devoted her life to civil rights activism.

Anything she applied for required no proof of one's race and therefore anyone applying is fair game. And as I said there should be no race based scholarships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies