Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 07:40 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Mental illness cannot be ruled out at this point. He is the right age for the onset of schizophrenia and seems to have some of the symptoms.

Schizophrenia Usually Strikes First in Young Adults | World of Psychology

He sudden change in behavior, the deepening racism becoming and obsession (and his view are delusional). We'll just have to wait and see.
Maybe he is. But, what I am saying is that people with mental illness are less likely to be the perpetrators of violence than they are to be the victims. He could just be a White Supremacist. It is hard to fathom for people that hold similar views. As in, "I hate Blacks too but I would never try to kill them" or "Obama is not my president, he was born in Kenya and is a American hating Muslim terrorist but I won't take my gun and blow their freaking heads off." This troubled young man most likely held similar views and clearly worse. Some people are more apt to be influenced. THAT is why I fight ignorance. BTW, I'm not putting any of this on you. I don't know you so I will presume you are a good person.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:57 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
This.

The national conversation on events such as these need to be steered away from Barack Obama -- whose credibility is seriously on the decline -- and towards the role of psychotropic drugs as well as other pharmaceutical medications that likely serve as the common denominator with he shooters.

Healthy, normal people -- those not on a steady cocktail of BigPharma's finest -- don't commit crimes like this.
Family members of psych-drug takers around the country report that many of these substances induce violence.

Here's someone writing in to a med discussion site about her husband, who was on Suboxone--coincidentally one that Roof was caught with:
_"Can coming off Suboxone make you violent?"_
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/addiction-discussions/general-support/10035871-can-coming-off-suboxone-make-you-violent-

Here's a different, first-person acct:
_"Does Subutex/Suboxone change personality?"_
"Strangely enough, I nasty and almost violent a couple of weeks into Subutex therapy."
http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...ity-48326.html

Old 06-19-2015, 08:20 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
No need to.

The Miller, Heller and McDonald decisions were all 5-4?

Watch opinions change as sticking points have moved past individual / militia into defining "law-abiding purposes" and "acts of self-defense".

I just think it's funny how the militia bit always gets dropped.

Even funnier is that if gun control does ramp up, you'll have mentally ill white guys to thank for it.

Especially when they shoot and kill members of Congress particularly Republican members. But look on the bright side they may get something named after them like a bridge or new High School!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:25 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Family members of psych-drug takers around the country report that many of these substances induce violence.

Here's someone writing in to a med discussion site about her husband, who was on Suboxone--coincidentally one that Roof was caught with:
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/addiction-discussions/general-support/10035871-can-coming-off-suboxone-make-you-violent-

"Strangely enough, I nasty and almost violent a couple of weeks into Subutex therapy."
Does Subutex/Suboxone change personality?

That's right blame it on the drugs, but not the guns. Its so much easier to duck a murder charge or attempted murder charge or assault with intent to kill with the Hinckley Defense! You'd be crazy not to.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
That's right blame it on the drugs, but not the guns. Its so much easier to duck a murder charge or attempted murder charge or assault with intent to kill with the Hinckley Defense! You'd be crazy not to.
Here is a novel idea.... Blame the person responsible.
After a fatal drunk driving incident, do we blame the alcohol?
After all there were roughly as many people killed by drunk driving as there were gun murders.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post

Can coming off Suboxone make you violent ?

Does Subutex/Suboxone change personality?
Snapping at people/ being short - tempered is obviously not the same as sitting in a church for an hour or so and them murdering 9 people.

Being challenged to live life as is, without drugs is enough to make most addicts not the best of social company. They don't however, go on premeditated shooting sprees.

It's not clear if he was prescribed Suboxone or acquired it on the street. Not clear he was taking Suboxone or trading for his drug of choice.

Where did this young unemployed man get the money for prescription or off the street drugs? Heck, how did he manage to fill his gas tank?

Old 06-19-2015, 10:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
They said this kid was 'normal' until about the 7th or 8th grade. Father has been married and divorced (?) twice. Kid is still friendly w/stepmother. Grew up with black neighbors, had black friends.

My guess the two family breakups - and I'M SURE - experiments with drugs - seriously screwed with this young kid's mind in a permanent way. Marijuana et al taken by the immature (young males, especially) messes up the psyche permanently. Loughner, Lanza perfect examples of this. I knew this sixty years when I was a kid. This is not new news.

No excuses, though. I hope justice is swift and permanent.
Lanza did not use any drugs, prescribed or otherwise. Perhaps if he had, he, his mother and all those kids might still be alive, today.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:43 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Lanza did not use any drugs, prescribed or otherwise. Perhaps if he had, he, his mother and all those kids might still be alive, today.
A Sandy Hook slaughter never happened. There's strong evidence to question even the existence of an "Adam Lanza."

There was a lot of event prep work and exercise and drill, and not a little foreknowledge.

And the stories don't add up. Web archival dates that don't match the official timeline; the site time stamps from the day before as evidenced by search engine and Wayback don't add up. Robbie Parker's curious extemporaneous entrance at the news conference didn't add up. Noah Pozner even died again in Peshawar:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30498745

Funny thing about that house on Yogananda St. where the Lanzas were said to live--unusual circumstances from aerial views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTafqejV6k#t=2000

Watch Gene Rosen talk to "Matt":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTafqejV6k#t=3000

Legislation introduced in CT that prohibits the release of *any* homicide pictures; snacks busted out on the hood of a cruiser during what looks like a drill; conspicuously aimless milling around at fire house up the street--along with a long line of them directed from the back and rentering into the front; glaring discrepancies in Gene Rosen's stories, curious employee anomalies....

(What kind of Connecticut Yankee enclave has a street named 'Yoga Nanda,' anyway?)

Oh the anguish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTSpvuXfn2A#t=20

Old 06-19-2015, 10:54 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Thumbs down South Carolina Governor Releases Strangely Obtuse Statement On Black Church Shooting

This lady is a real piece of work! It is pretty clear what motivated this terrorist, racism! Years of conservative brain washing and propaganda molded this idiot's mind into what it is today. He is the fruit of right wing conservatism in full blossom. I would bet that he listens to Rush, watches Fox News, and votes for Tea Party candidates in elections (if he even votes).

While in the Army I was stationed in South Carolina for a time period and can attest that there are many racist azz backwards people living there still fighting the civil war this many years later. They still have the Confederate flag flying high at the state capital in SC...

Quote:
Notice that Haley claims to be sure of only one thing, that "we do know that we'll never understand what motivates" people to commit acts of violence such as this. But when a group of black people gathered for Bible study gets gunned down by a white guy in one of the most historically prominent freedom-fighting black churches in the nation, it seems pretty clear why it happened: hatred and racism.

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham (R), who is running for president, showed no similar confusion. “There are bad people in this world who are motivated by hate," he said in a statement after the mass murders.

South Carolina Governor Releases Strangely Obtuse Statement On Black Church Shooting

Old 06-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
somebody knee jerkin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies