Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 02:50 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
heinous crimes and haven't been caught?

build the wall to keep out criminals and terrorists? Yeah, cause we have been attacked by terrorists sneaking in from Mexico (not) . And if that statement of yours made any sense at all you would be advocating that we build a fence on our border to Canada- or do 'terrorists' just come from Mexico? Hey! I got an idea- lets just build a big glass dome over the US

You are not making sense. You are not going to deport 11-13 million people and you know it. The best we can do is make it uncomfortable for employers to hire people who are not Citizens, then give legal status to those who have been here a certain amount of time, are working and have not been convicted of any felonies. All the other rhetoric is just pap that your Republican politicians spoon feed you so that you will get all patriotic and stuff and line their pockets with more donations
So I guess because so far a terrorist attack hasn't occurred by the perpetrator coming thru Mexico that means it will never happen? Since there have already been at least 12 million illegal aliens that have managed to breach our southern border it's a non-issue? The FBI Director has already stated that there have been people from known terrorist countries that have sneaked right along in with the Mexicans and disappeared into our country. We don't have millions of illegals coming thru our Canadian border, duh. But we should be protecting it also.

Oh my God, I don't believe I have to repeat this yet again. No one is advocating to deport millions of illegal aliens. The solution is to make them self-deport by removing all of the incentives to remain here. WTH should we give legal status to illegal aliens instead? We have 23 millions Americans out of work many whom have lost their blue-collared jobs such as construction and landscaping to them. They are already committing felonies by working here. They should get a pass on that? Would an American get a pass on a felony? I don't think so!

Yeah, and the Democrats are lining their pockets with votes from an ethnocentric group that thinks they are above our immigration laws. So I wouldn't talk about the Republicans if I were you. I don't need them or anyone else to tell me right from wrong or to make me patriotic. I know right from wrong and love my country all on my own. Where's your patriotism for the American people and your sense of right from wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 02:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you insist on open borders then you have to get rid of all social welfare programs.
We will bankrupt ourselves otherwise and we're close enough to that as it is.

$1 trillion in means tested programs and it's not enough.
one trillion you say? ok and that includes things like:

 Family Planning
 Consolidated Health Centers
 Transitional Cash and Medical Services
for Refugees
 State Children’s Health Insurance
Program (CHIP)
 Voluntary Medicare Prescription Drug
Benefit—Low-Income Subsidy
 Medicaid
 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
 Breast/Cervical Cancer Early Detection
 Maternal and Child Health Block Grant
 Indian Health Service
 Temporary Assistance for Needy
Families (TANF) (cash aid)
 Supplemental Security Income
 Additional Child Tax Credit
 Earned Income Tax Credit (refundable
component)
 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program (SNAP)
 School Breakfast Program (free/reduced
price components)
 National School Lunch Program
(free/reduced price components)
 Special Supplemental Nutrition Program
for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
 Child and Adult Care Food Program
(lower income components)
 Summer Food Service Program
 Commodity Supplemental
 Food Program Nutrition Assistance for
Puerto Rico
 The Emergency Food Assistance
Program (TEFAP)
 Nutrition Program for the Elderly
 Indian Education
 Adult Basic Education Grants to States
 Federal Supplemental Educational
Opportunity Grant
 Education for the Disadvantaged—
Grants to Local Educational Agencies
(Title I-A)
 Title I Migrant Education Program
 Higher Education—Institutional Aid and
Developing Institutions
 Federal Work-Study
 Federal TRIO Programs
 Federal Pell Grants
 Education for Homeless Children and
Youth
 21st Century Community Learning
Centers
 Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness
for Undergraduate Programs (GEARUP)
 Reading First and Early Reading First
 Rural Education Achievement Program
 Mathematics and Science Partnerships
 Improving Teacher Quality State Grants
 Academic Competitiveness and Smart
Grant Program
 Single-Family Rural Housing Loans
 Rural Rental Assistance Program
 Water and Waste Disposal for Rural
Communities
 Public Works and Economic
Development
 Supportive Housing for the Elderly
 Supportive Housing for Persons with
Disabilities
 Section 8 Project-Based Rental
Assistance
 Community Development Block Grants
 Homeless Assistance Grants
 Home Investment Partnerships Program
(HOME)
 Housing Opportunities for Persons with
AIDS (HOPWA)
 Public Housing
 Indian Housing Block Grants
 Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
 Neighborhood Stabilization Program-1
 Grants to States for Low-Income
Housing in Lieu of Low-Income
Housing Credit Allocations
 Tax Credit Assistance Program
 Indian Human Services
 Older Americans Act Grants for
Supportive Services and Senior Centers
 Older Americans Act Family Caregiver
Program
http://www.budget.senate.gov/republi...4-2fd5bcedfeb5

and which of those have anything to do with undocumented people?

Old 06-21-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So I guess because so far a terrorist attack hasn't occurred by the perpetrator coming thru Mexico that means it will never happen? Since there have already been at least 12 million illegal aliens that have managed to breach our southern border it's a non-issue? The FBI Director has already stated that there have been people from known terrorist countries that have sneaked right along in with the Mexicans and disappeared into our country. We don't have millions of illegals coming thru our Canadian border, duh. But we should be protecting it also.

Oh my God, I don't believe I have to repeat this yet again. No one is advocating to deport millions of illegal aliens. The solution is to make them self-deport by removing all of the incentives to remain here. WTH should we give legal status to illegal aliens instead? We have 23 millions Americans out of work many whom have lost their blue-collared jobs such as construction and landscaping to them. They are already committing felonies by working here. They should get a pass on that? Would an American get a pass on a felony? I don't think so!

Yeah, and the Democrats are lining their pockets with votes from an ethnocentric group that thinks they are above our immigration laws. So I wouldn't talk about the Republicans if I were you. I don't need them or anyone else to tell me right from wrong or to make me patriotic. I know right from wrong and love my country all on my own. Where's your patriotism for the American people and your sense of right from wrong?
Democrats lining their pockets with votes and Republicans lining their pockets with money from businesses who profit from hiring undocumented people - I don't see much difference, but whatever. I offered my opinion and I'm not going to waste my time bickering with you

Old 06-21-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
one trillion you say? ok and that includes things like:

 Family Planning
 Consolidated Health Centers
 Transitional Cash and Medical Services
for Refugees
 State Children’s Health Insurance
Program (CHIP)
 Voluntary Medicare Prescription Drug
Benefit—Low-Income Subsidy
 Medicaid
 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
 Breast/Cervical Cancer Early Detection
 Maternal and Child Health Block Grant
 Indian Health Service
 Temporary Assistance for Needy
Families (TANF) (cash aid)
 Supplemental Security Income
 Additional Child Tax Credit
 Earned Income Tax Credit (refundable
component)
 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program (SNAP)
 School Breakfast Program (free/reduced
price components)
 National School Lunch Program
(free/reduced price components)
 Special Supplemental Nutrition Program
for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
 Child and Adult Care Food Program
(lower income components)
 Summer Food Service Program
 Commodity Supplemental
 Food Program Nutrition Assistance for
Puerto Rico
 The Emergency Food Assistance
Program (TEFAP)
 Nutrition Program for the Elderly
 Indian Education
 Adult Basic Education Grants to States
 Federal Supplemental Educational
Opportunity Grant
 Education for the Disadvantaged—
Grants to Local Educational Agencies
(Title I-A)
 Title I Migrant Education Program
 Higher Education—Institutional Aid and
Developing Institutions
 Federal Work-Study
 Federal TRIO Programs
 Federal Pell Grants
 Education for Homeless Children and
Youth
 21st Century Community Learning
Centers
 Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness
for Undergraduate Programs (GEARUP)
 Reading First and Early Reading First
 Rural Education Achievement Program
 Mathematics and Science Partnerships
 Improving Teacher Quality State Grants
 Academic Competitiveness and Smart
Grant Program
 Single-Family Rural Housing Loans
 Rural Rental Assistance Program
 Water and Waste Disposal for Rural
Communities
 Public Works and Economic
Development
 Supportive Housing for the Elderly
 Supportive Housing for Persons with
Disabilities
 Section 8 Project-Based Rental
Assistance
 Community Development Block Grants
 Homeless Assistance Grants
 Home Investment Partnerships Program
(HOME)
 Housing Opportunities for Persons with
AIDS (HOPWA)
 Public Housing
 Indian Housing Block Grants
 Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
 Neighborhood Stabilization Program-1
 Grants to States for Low-Income
Housing in Lieu of Low-Income
Housing Credit Allocations
 Tax Credit Assistance Program
 Indian Human Services
 Older Americans Act Grants for
Supportive Services and Senior Centers
 Older Americans Act Family Caregiver
Program
http://www.budget.senate.gov/republi...4-2fd5bcedfeb5

and which of those have anything to do with undocumented people?
They aren't undocumented people they are illegal aliens and they get many of these benefits via their anchor babies.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Democrats lining their pockets with votes and Republicans lining their pockets with money from businesses who profit from hiring undocumented people - I don't see much difference, but whatever. I offered my opinion and I'm not going to waste my time bickering with you
No, the Democrats are also lining their pockets with money from businesses who hire "illegal aliens". No such thing as an undocumented people. Of course you don't want to debate with me because you are obviously are an illegal alien sympathizer and refuse to accept the facts of my posts. You don't care about the American workers/taxpayers.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
They aren't undocumented people they are illegal aliens and they get many of these benefits via their anchor babies.
They are undocumented, that you choose to call them illegal is your own choice but that does not make it any more appropriate than undocumented, and those 'anchor babies' are citizens so go tell your congressman you want that law changed or quit griping about it.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
They are undocumented, that you choose to call them illegal is your own choice but that does not make it any more appropriate than undocumented, and those 'anchor babies' are citizens so go tell your congressman you want that law changed or quit griping about it.
The immigration law term for them is "illegal aliens" not undocumented. So no, it's not a made up choice of mine. Undocumented is just a made up PC term to call attention away from their unlawful presence here. They have plenty of documents all fake or stolen so they aren't undocumented.

My congressmen are already addressing the anchor baby fiasco and I can and will gripe about it until the right thing is done by denying kids of illegal aliens our birthright. The 14th Amendment never intended it. It has merely been a PC practice not based on our Constitution.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
The immigration law term for them is "illegal aliens" not undocumented. So no, it's not a made up choice of mine. Undocumented is just a made up PC term to call attention away from their unlawful presence here. They have plenty of documents all fake or stolen so they aren't undocumented.

My congressmen are already addressing the anchor baby fiasco and I can and will gripe about it until the right thing is done by denying kids of illegal aliens our birthright. The 14th Amendment never intended it. It has merely been a PC practice not based on our Constitution.
Well that's just a shame isn't it, the 14th amendment never intended it, but Republican politicians realize the only way to change it is by revising the 14th amendment; so I guess even in their mind, not to mention countless court challenges it is actually constitutional

New Attacks on Birthright Citizenship:

Old 06-21-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Well that's just a shame isn't it, the 14th amendment never intended it, but Republican politicians realize the only way to change it is by revising the 14th amendment; so I guess even in their mind, not to mention countless court challenges it is actually constitutional

New Attacks on Birthright Citizenship:
Um no, they aren't trying to revise the 14th Amendment. Apparently you didn't read your own article where the word use was "reassess" not revise. It doesn't need revising. All it needs is for the SC to re-address it and re-clarify it. But even if it did need revising Amendments have bee re-vised since their existence. It is isn't unconstitutional to do so.

Nice little leftist article though that typically calls conservatives anti-immigration among other BS. What a bald faced lie.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Um no, they aren't trying to revise the 14th Amendment. It doesn't need revising. All it needs is for the SC to re-address it and re-clarify it. But even if it did need revising Amendments have bee re-vised since their existence. It is isn't unconstitutional to do so.
you said that 'anchor babies' is not what was intended by the 14th amendment, I was waiting for you to show me wrong...but it doesn't appear that you can
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies