Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 05:08 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It would be interesting to know where McDonald's locations are being shut down, at least within the USA. I wonder if they are being shut down in the South. I live in the Atlanta area. I've seen cases where Chick-Fil-A(an Atlanta-based fast food chain) locations are more crowded than the McDonald's locations.
Cases? The rarity is when a CFA isn't more crowded than McD's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
They make it up in volume.
If you lose 25 cents per burger.. You don't make anything up in volume. You just lose more and more money. 15 cents isn't enough to cover the ingredients. They're already buying 560 million pounds of beef a year.. So, they are pretty much at the lowest possible buying point.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:23 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Good I haven't eaten there in a long time anyway the food tastes awful looks like crap is over priced and unhealthy.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If you lose 25 cents per burger.. You don't make anything up in volume. You just lose more and more money. 15 cents isn't enough to cover the ingredients. They're already buying 560 million pounds of beef a year.. So, they are pretty much at the lowest possible buying point.

I guess you've never heard that old joke?

Old 06-20-2015, 06:41 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
That can only be a good thing. Better would be tobacco companies going out of business, NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

I do like McDonald's few times a month in moderation. I don't think they will completely vanish, they are an A List fast food company.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Off topic, illogical, and ridiculous
Thank you for your opinion.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:49 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Hopefully Starbucks is paying attention.
Starbucks customers have more money than brains. No sign of that changing. MDs customers have typically been more value conscious. MD has been raising prices and other fast food joints now offer similar value. Not that they all aren't getting overpriced for a fast food lunch.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:12 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,235,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Not so much as cost as it is taste and perception. Even with costs in mind, what is the taste difference? To many people, the extra couple of dollars is not a big deal compared to the value they are getting from a place like Five Guys for example.

McDonalds is drifting into being a price conscious place to eat, not really what I think they want, but I do not sit on their board. It seems any attempt to break from this is met with failure. Those who only have a couple of dollars to spend will go there, while those who think nothing of dropping ten bucks on a burger and fries will go somewhere else. It was not like this before when McDonalds was the only game in town (or Burger King/Wendys).
That is why I go there. It's the dollar store of fast food. If I want a good burger and fries and pay $10-15 I'll go to a local place, Five Guys, heck even Applebees or something like that.

When I want to eat cheap and now, I go to McDonald's.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Starbucks customers have more money than brains. No sign of that changing. MDs customers have typically been more value conscious. MD has been raising prices and other fast food joints now offer similar value. Not that they all aren't getting overpriced for a fast food lunch.

Starbucks is doing great, profits are growing slightly beyond expectations.

Starbucks Revenue Rises as Traffic Grows - WSJ

In 2006-08 Starbucks streamlined and closed down a lot of their redundant stores. Since then they have killed it business-wise. They went a little bit too hippy-dippy with the "race together" thing, but their other stances have helped them. I have friends who purposely boycotted Chick-Fil-A and started patronizing Starbucks more just because of the gay marriage fight those two companies had.

I think if McDonald's pulled a Wal-Mart and raised their wages, just a little bit, it would do wonders for their PR and drive business.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
It seems like ever since the gay marriage thing, Chick-Fil-A has been more crowded around here. The drive-thru line at lunch is so long I don't even try...
It was like that before the gay marriage thing. Chick-Fil-A doesn't have as many stores - and as others have said, they are a step up from your low-level fast food.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:26 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,901,841 times
McDonald's has really lost their way. Many of their locations are dumpy and outdated. Unfortunately, they have been gravitating to the lowest common denominator. They would do better to close older locations and put-in double drive thru's and update the dine-in experience. The dollar menu food is too cheap to maintain any kind of quality - - maybe double the price and hit a reasonable balance? They wish they had the per-store volume of a Chick-Fil-A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies