Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Dylann be put to death by the state of South Carolina?
No, I'm a liberal 16 10.26%
No, I'm a conservative 16 10.26%
Yes, I'm a liberal 44 28.21%
Yes, I'm a conservative 80 51.28%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 08:19 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times

Advertisements

roof should've been shot on site.

death penalty, no exception
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 08:21 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
Much like the black panthers do. Live on welfare and then use voter intimidation to keep voters from the voting booth. But then again its OK if a black does it but its the end of the world if a white does it. Double standard and you wonder why some unhinged go off the rails.
Why don't you just give up thinking about black people? I'm mean, really, why are so many white right wingers so obsessed with what black people are doing? Just leave them alone. I can imagine when you have low self-esteem it might help to look for a group you see doing worse than you and attempt to emphasize, stress and reinforce that group's struggles.

One must wonder if that's the real reason - low self-esteem - why a great many of white right wing males have a perpetual hardon for the struggles of our fellow African American citizens! Black people just can't get it right with you guys. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe because you feel socially threatened by an entire race as if you were still in high school?

Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The vast majority of people with a mental illness know right from wrong. If they think they are Satan, they most certainly know they are wrong. All the court wants to know is did the defendant understand right from wrong at the time the crime was committed. The insanity defense isn't going to fly with this murderer, he knew what he was doing.

Why does it matter their mental state? I believe that anybody that kills someone else cannot be sane. I think that it is only fair to execute them. If you take someone’s life, you should surrender yours.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:16 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
I hear they filed for death penalty charges. If found guilty I would rather see him get life.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:24 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
I vote life without parole.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
I think he'll like prison. The Aryan gangs will
protect him. He'll be the Prince of Nazis.

I say, put him down.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:18 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
I don't remember if I posted this before but my views on this are non-racial. People like Dylann Roof need to die more often during arrest. We don't need a trial that will go on for months, followed by millions spent on incarceration.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:20 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
No one should be executed.

Its ridiculous...so Old Testament, sooo last Century.

Also, giving a government the power to legally murder citizens in the form of DP = not smart.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't remember if I posted this before but my views on this are non-racial. People like Dylann Roof need to die more often during arrest. We don't need a trial that will go on for months, followed by millions spent on incarceration.
Probably should have just shot Richard Jewell eh?

Old 10-31-2015, 06:21 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I was thinking how the general public opinion will probably be overwhelming in favor of his execution since most conservatives support capital punishment in general, and many liberals would in this case too since it's a hate crime and his death would be like revenge for Trayvon, Mike Brown, etc.

Personally I'm against the death penalty for anyone, and I can just tell by looking at his photos that Dylann Roof is mentally disturbed in some way. I see his action as a manifestation of racial hatred that's been cooked up by the media since Obama was elected. Not to say he's not responsible of course, but I just don't feel like killing him would help advance social justice and many of his victims' families don't want him to die.

No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies