Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 07:37 AM

258 posts, read 157,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Some people support the American right of free speech, and others mostly liberal are so eager to give up all of our rights. Not the American way.

They do have a right to hammer at an issue. It's human nature I think, and not just associated with one political inclination.

I think there's a basic joy in getting a mob together, especially on a 'safe' and rather peripheral issue, and peck away at a perceived weakness. Henhouse politics extends to mammals.

So you have a pretty darned heinous crime. The possible angles are.

. Gun control, all types.
. Drugs
. Evil white people and racism
. Confederate flags

It's the perfect storm for people who simply can't stand the other side for 1000 reasons. Drugs are boring, so it's a three-fer.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:50 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
I find it actually funny. A horrible crime is committed against innocent people in a church, and immediately the ignorant people of the earth want to blame it on flying a frigging flag. Amazing! I mean how stupid can you get?? The flag had absolutely nothing to do with the dastardly deeds of a lunatic. Removing that flag is not going to change anything one iota. Oh, it will satisfy the people with their panties in a wad for about a day then it will be forgotten. Also, all of this false rage from individuals here is amazing.

Last edited by Scotty011; 06-21-2015 at 08:02 AM..

Old 06-21-2015, 07:56 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Why would anybody want to fly a Confederate flag? That's like having a big L tattooed on your forehead.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:00 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
What's the cross remind you of? To some it's a symbol of the torture Jesus went through....to others like myself it represents the Salem witch trials where we were hung and the fact that we are the most hated group in America.
Atheists Face Discrimination On A Shocking Level (INFOGRAPHIC)
We don't get the same treatment as those who are religious. Here is a list of things I wish were not true for me in the link. ^

I think if we are moving in a direction of tearing down all symbols and walls of hatred let us be fair, there is a long list. Oh, and while we are at it I'd appreciate if Christmas and Easter are not recognized. This isn't a Christian Nation, it's a nation of freedom. I want freedom to. When the president spouts "God Bless America" he's purposely leaving me out and egging on the prejudice I deal with. It's on the money I use and reminds me when I shop how much America is prejudice against me and others like me. I'm an American, and I might be a minority but that doesn't mean I don't deserve some respect.

Religion of all kinds has been used to hurt people in the name of a God we can't prove exists. Many opposing Christianity have been killed in this country and the world. Why would we still allow this? I don't see what freedom has to do with it. People are getting hurt for goodness sake.

Let me guess, none of you like what I'm saying right now, am I right? Why not?

Because you want the freedom to believe something that causes me grief?

I doubt it.

I'm at least smart enough to know not all Christians are the cause of some idots hatred against me. I know the majority of Christians don't wish me dead, don't wish my rights to be limited. And I'm friends with many that would protect me from harm in a minute. I think the same holds true for everyone, regarding everything we are talking about lately. I think it's time to grow up now.

Last edited by PoppySead; 06-21-2015 at 08:08 AM..

Old 06-21-2015, 08:05 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Why would anybody want to fly a Confederate flag? That's like having a big L tattooed on your forehead.
I'll say this, I don't personally care that much for the Confederate flag. But I would fly the Confederate flag in front of my house before I would fly the American flag.

The American flag doesn't represent freedom, it represents Empire. Anyone who thinks the American flag represents freedom, is an idiot.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Don't be ridiculous. No crosses or baby Jesus' are displayed on PUBLIC PROPERTY now. The Confederate flag flying on PUBIC buildings that are supported by tax dollars should stop. It's a flag that is activity used by White Supremacy groups and is a symbol of hate. The people of S.C. need to take it down and put it in a museum. The war was over years ago.
LMAO!! God Bless America is printed on everything. It's stated by our president every time we get a speech. Our judicial system, do you swear to tell the truth so help you????? What?

I have to hide the fact that I am an atheist or I can't get a job.

And yes, people privately display their hatred for me around their necks, on their doorsteps, tshirts, etc. etc.
I'm constantly reminded of how much you limit my freedoms and dislike atheists in this country. Last time I checked America wasn't a Christian Nation, it just WANTS to do these things.

Let me guess, you're one of those who hate me. As always, you think we aren't treated unfairly. Whatever, talk to the hand.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:12 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
LMAO!! God Bless America is printed on everything. It's stated by our president every time we get a speech. Our judicial system, do you swear to tell the truth so help you????? What?

I have to hide the fact that I am an atheist or I can't get a job.

And yes, people privately display their hatred for me around their necks, on their doorsteps, tshirts, etc. etc.
I'm constantly reminded of how much you limit my freedoms and dislike atheists in this country. Last time I checked America wasn't a Christian Nation, it just WANTS to do these things.

Let me guess, you're one of those who hate me. As always, you think we aren't treated unfairly. Whatever, talk to the hand.

Why don't you just declare yourself an independent nation? I'll support you. I'll even help you get a gun.

https://trueminarchist.files.wordpre...61244590_n.jpg

Old 06-21-2015, 08:12 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
If something has gone wrong (or is not the way it should be), then someone other than oneself must be identified and blamed for causing the situation.

The original flag of the Confederacy was not what we know as the Confederate flag today. It was the Stars and Bars, a flag that looked extremely similar to the U.S. flag. While Southerners did want to abandon the Union, they were reluctant to abandon their flag. The only problem was that in a battle they could not tell which flag was U.S. and which was Confederate, leading to some obvious problems.

SOME White Southerners saw the flag as a symbol of heritage and dignity. Many stole that symbol and made it into something else.

Bottom line is that the root cause of racism is not a flag, the root cause of racism is rather complicated. Racism is an ideology, no amount of shaming can change that. Racism is here to stay.

Even today, there are people still defend internment camp for security purposes. More power to them, I can care less. I know that no amount of "debate" can change their views.

When it comes to racism, seriously people, pick your battle.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:13 AM

601 posts, read 459,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Your ignorance is astonishing, you need a course in history.
Funny, look where most of the former Confederate States reside on this list

http://http://www.usnews.com/educati...states-compare

Old 06-21-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why don't you just declare yourself an independent nation? I'll support you. I'll even help you get a gun.

https://trueminarchist.files.wordpre...61244590_n.jpg
Thanks, I've thought about it but there are plenty I could just fly to if I don't like it. And, I have a gun, but thanks anyway.

I do suggest the same to all though who don't like America and it's freedoms....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies