Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 02:41 AM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So?!!

The minute a minority leaves his/her house, that person is bombarded with White culture - from the language being spoken (English), to the food, clothes, entertainment, etc..
So? This is still white majority America in many parts of the US.

If I moved to Uganda, what would I be bombarded with when I left my house?

Or if I moved to Guatemala? Or Tokyo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 03:08 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Listening to country music is about the only thing I can think of that is a white thing, but most whites don't even listen to it.
Well, we also like NASCAR, hockey and dog shows.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:44 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well, we also like NASCAR, hockey and dog shows.
Camping, hiking, national parks, U2, libraries and bowling...

Old 07-05-2015, 08:05 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Caucasian night? Are these people celebrating Armenian, Georgian or Azerbaijani cultures etc? I've known people of these origins that don't care for their regional name being used by just anyone.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:23 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Caucasian night? Are these people celebrating Armenian, Georgian or Azerbaijani cultures etc? I've known people of these origins that don't care for their regional name being used by just anyone.
Don't you get it, the night was meant as a farce, a sort of White Men Can't Jump night.

" Our night was to include Wonder Bread on burgers with mayonnaise, clips from shows like Friends and Seinfeld and trying to solve the vertical leaping challenge."

A dumb name for the event, but only the super-sensitive and thin-skinned would be offended or consider it racist or bigoted, or, heaven forbid, a putdown of Armenian, Georgian or Azerbaijani cultures.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:27 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Blacks in America identify with being black because their history and ethnicities were wiped out through slavery and its aftermath. There is nothing connecting me to other white people in this country. I am proud of my Irish heritage but see no reason to collectively identify with other "white people".

It's idiotic and bigoted.
Reverse racism at its finest Or is it just racism, pure and simple? Blacks certainly don't have a patent on it. And whites have been the target of cruelty, just as blacks have.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:51 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I think people should be proud of personal accomplishments.

That being said, let people celebrate their heritage, It is not like white pride = white power.

I personally am very happy with myself, I also am very proud of my heritage and where i came from. I have been loved by parents, grand parents, uncles and aunts, they are white, mixed white/Japanese, Hawaiians, they are all productive members of the society.

My ancestors were very accomplished people.

I have friends who believe in white pride, but not white power. I can understand why they are proud. Their ancestors were American heroes happened to be white, so it makes sense that they celebrate their heritage.

One white friend of mine has said that white pride has nothing to do with white power, it is crazy to treat others like criminals simply because of the color of their skin. He definitely should be proud of where he came from, his ancestors were war heroes, scientists, etc. No wonder he himself is an awesome person, he has good genes.

Dr Ben Carson = superior. If he says he is a proud black man, I would agree too.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Don't you get it, the night was meant as a farce, a sort of White Men Can't Jump night.

" Our night was to include Wonder Bread on burgers with mayonnaise, clips from shows like Friends and Seinfeld and trying to solve the vertical leaping challenge."

A dumb name for the event, but only the super-sensitive and thin-skinned would be offended or consider it racist or bigoted, or, heaven forbid, a putdown of Armenian, Georgian or Azerbaijani cultures.
Are they serving fried chicken and watermelon on African-American heritage day and trying to solve the swimming challenge?

This is the kinda fun ya can only get away with white stereotypes.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:24 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Reverse racism at its finest Or is it just racism, pure and simple? Blacks certainly don't have a patent on it. And whites have been the target of cruelty, just as blacks have.
The concept of race was invented by European imperialists-people only identified based on ethnicity and culture before this. Even all "white people" were not included in the elusive "white race" for decades in this country-Irish, Italians, Jews.

The entire history of white pride is racist. What is wrong with white people being proud of their culture-even if it is good ol American? I see no reason to be proud of being in a "skin color club" that not everyone with the same skin is even included in. Unlike other races, historically the "white race" has only been used to exclude people and separate-even from other white people.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The concept of race was invented by European imperialists-people only identified based on ethnicity and culture before this. Even all "white people" were not included in the elusive "white race" for decades in this country-Irish, Italians, Jews.
This is bigotry against Europeans and revisionist history and frankly nonsense. Race classification was "invented" by scientist the same as species and subspecies was. It's basically the same classification system. What is the difference between "ethnicity and culture" and 'race'? Nothing except race is more inclusive and encompasses many ethnicities and cultures based on scientific measurement used on all living species. What you're really pointing out is whites don't have tolerance for whites who they perceive as trouble due to class and behavior.

Quote:
The entire history of white pride is racist. What is wrong with white people being proud of their culture-even if it is good ol American? I see no reason to be proud of being in a "skin color club" that not everyone with the same skin is even included in. Unlike other races, historically the "white race" has only been used to exclude people and separate-even from other white people.
More nonsense. White people do not celebrate their complexion. They celebrate their history, culture and heritage. White people hold other white people accountable, and yes there are classes. Europeans lived in kingdoms for much of their history with several classes. All cultures have classes. India has them, Africa, Asia. It always existed and always will exist.

Last edited by mtl1; 07-05-2015 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies