Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 02:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I know you don't want to hear this but it is the truth.
People who legally concealed carry will carry where ever they choose, and it is legal.
Irrelevant. Do you believe a business should have to bend to the will of others? Such as bake a wedding cake for others if they do not want to?

I know people will be obstinate. You can see that here daily.

Quote:
Private business can ask people not to carry, but people don't have to comply.
Right, they have absolutely no respect for the beliefs of others but yet demand that others respect theirs.

Quote:
It's just their policy, not the law.
IF they somehow have xray vision and discover that you are carrying, they can ask you to leave and you must leave if you don't want a trespassing charge.
Why would one be so, what seems to me, proud to announce that the way another wants to run their company means nothing to you and you are willing to sneak around to avoid their rules?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Point is If is was not for the NRA, in which I support, guns would be removed from every law-abiding citizen. California and have not address the real issue of Gangland Violence from Illegal Immigrants from Mexico, (IE the Cartel).
I support the right for people to own guns. I've said this over and over and over. This is not the government doing anything.

Quote:
The barriers that the Californian Executive Branch (Gov. Brown) and the Californian Democratic Senate and House. These Violations of the Second amendment are being addressed.
This has NOTHING to do with that. You think.

Quote:
Gov. Brown does not have the will to control these Illegals and criminals even if the cost is a Law abiding Californian Citizen.
Wow, talk about diverting the topic. What the hell does this have to do with Brown or illegals? Absolutely nothing. Just more delusions.

Quote:
One would be surprised how many people carry concealed everyday and hardly ever a shot is fired. But we are much safer because we have the means to defend ourselves.
If you guys want to be sheep, that is your business.
Carry, I do NOT care. I support your right to do that. Just not on OTHERS property that dont want you to. If you are so scared, stay off their property. If someone puts up a "beware of dog" sign on their property I'm not going into their yard.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:02 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,449,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminofitall View Post
Guns aren't "allowed" in hospitals either.

As long as it isn't against the law, I'm carrying.
You should.

You'll need it when some of what you've posted on CD slips out in conversation.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:08 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obviously you are a bit delusional.
No need to get too personal, because we have different opinions. It is you that does not know the value of freedom and liberties, or what oppression is. You just wish to bully.

Quote:
There is no such right.
It is right there. written for all to see, in the US Constitution and the specifically the Bill of Rights. Read the 2nd amendment slowly.

Quote:
Leave? They asked you to not get in.
Then who says I forced my way in.... YOU? LOL, don't be an idiot.
Actually they said get in, where we going. Why stop, if they are going to just tell me not to get in. That is idiotic and delusional.

Quote:
You have to be sneaky to get a driver to agree to take you. Bravo for you I guess.
What ever it takes to keep my rights intact, serves me well. Now, don't try to harm me or steal from me and we won't have a problem, now will we.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Right, they have absolutely no respect for the beliefs of others but yet demand that others respect theirs.

Your beliefs can never strip me of my god given rights, to self protection, as spelled out clearly in the Bill of Rights. That would be oppressive.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,800,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I believe it is. I don't give up my rights to ride in someones car.

Unless that person ask me to leave the car, or I have reached my destination.

That is his to determine and mine to agree. Transactions without government involvement.
2 private individuals, exercising their 1st and second amendments in a peaceful way. How American can it get.
You ever hear of my property, my rules? In Arizona, many businesses have No Guns Allowed policies due to the fact Arizona is open carry. The proprietor can kick you out for that. As I mentioned before for Uber, this is to protect Uber drivers and Uber Passengers. If I want to carry as a driver, I can't do it with Uber, just as you as a passenger can't. You can blame the rapes on that. Also Uber continually tastes drivers AND passengers do if you or I are found to have a gun, we would be kicked out. Thanks includes your wife. If you or I don't like it, find a similar service that allows it.

Quote:
Your beliefs can never strip me of my god given rights, to self protection, as spelled out clearly in the Bill of Rights. That would be oppressive.
Didn't you also champion the bakers who cite religious freedom to not allow them to bake gay cakes and infringe on others rights? What's the difference here? Oh, I know guns and bibles are the two things conservatives don't want messed with.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You ever hear of my property, my rules? In Arizona, many businesses have No Guns Allowed policies due to the fact Arizona is open carry. The proprietor can kick you out for that. As I mentioned before for Uber, this is to protect Uber drivers and Uber Passengers. If I want to carry as a driver, I can't do it with Uber, just as you as a passenger can't. You can blame the rapes on that. Also Uber continually tastes drivers AND passengers do if you or I are found to have a gun, we would be kicked out. Thanks includes your wife. If you or I don't like it, find a similar service that allows it.

Didn't you also champion the bakers who cite religious freedom to not allow them to bake gay cakes and infringe on others rights? What's the difference here? Oh, I know guns and bibles are the two things conservatives don't want messed with.

Ya, ya, ya.... You can ask me. You can set up a metal detector. You can even say, I'm patting you down, before you get into my car.
We all have choices.... One of those we all know all too well..... lie when asked. Another choice, is to walk away. That is how rights are exercised.
Yes, you have the RIGHT to lie. It is right there in the 1st amendment and upheld by the SC.

The Bill of Rights, doesn't contain that you have the right to be gay. It does contain that we all have the right to protect ourselves by any means possible and to our abilities, because you don't like the that someone is gay and want to cause them physical harm.

If you don't announce your gay, I would never know. If I don't announce I have a 38 in my boot, you would never know.
Now see what the outcome is, when announced to the world. What you don't know, will never hurt you.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,800,954 times
You do realize the constitution allows for equal protection under the law right? So in a way people have the right to be gay, straight, demisexual, pansexual, bisexual, even asexual. So in a way it is a right but it's not exclusive.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
No need to get too personal, because we have different opinions. It is you that does not know the value of freedom and liberties, or what oppression is. You just wish to bully.
Freedom means being able to say "not on my property or business".

Quote:
It is right there. written for all to see, in the US Constitution and the specifically the Bill of Rights. Read the 2nd amendment slowly.
I know you are well aware that those restrictions apply to the government not individuals.

Quote:
Then who says I forced my way in.... YOU? LOL, don't be an idiot.
Actually they said get in, where we going. Why stop, if they are going to just tell me not to get in. That is idiotic and delusional.
Where did I say " forced"?

Quote:
What ever it takes to keep my rights intact, serves me well. Now, don't try to harm me or steal from me and we won't have a problem, now will we.
Last time. You have no rights to their property.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
My rights to my property trumps your rights to act in ways on my property I do not approve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies