Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,580,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You're so right. I'm pretty sure it's because the blacks run everything in this society and white people are oppressed. The blacks control all the media, which is why you never hear about crimes committed by blacks, only crimes committed by whites. It's about time that white people caught a break.
Strange that all the complaining of white officer on black criminal media coverage is controlled by ...whom?

Got so much time to write in a forum, yet no balls to research which media person to send your complaints to: journalists and TV reporters?

Does the media just not listen to whites anymore?

It makes you wonder when some in here just say,... blacks do this, black live like that that, ....as if it every black person and black neighborhood is crime ridden or its 90%, 80% like that etc.... There are quite a few affluent black neighborhoods across the country where some people would be surprised that it doesn't fit their stereotype. Geez, the 80s had the Huxtables yet some here are still so ignorant to generalize. and there are midle income areas too that are still good. Alright, back to my tennis (in a mixed neighborhood, oh my) and some sushi and wine afterwards.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:08 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,722,628 times
Its called "selective outrage." It is very common and part of being the perpetual victim.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:59 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,582,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gee, nine people killed versus one person killed? Yeah, that's a real head-scratcher...

Aside from that, the glaringly obvious reason is that the Charleston shooting was not just a crime against nine people - it was a political attack, terrorism, literally by the admission of the shooter targeting an entire race.

You might as well ask, with feigned bewilderment, why the Boston Marathon bombing (with a third the fatality rate of the recent shooting in South Carolina) got so much coverage - exponentially more than the Charleston shooting, as a matter of fact. That, too, was a crime of political terror. And I'm sure you understand that perfectly well. It's coverage was warranted by the fact that it was an attack on people just because they were American citizens. Yet you'd have us believe that an attack on people chosen as targets just because they are black is not significant.

So how is it that you can comprehend the perceived magnitude of a political crime committed by a Muslim with an ideological opposition to the West, but are utterly baffled at the magnitude accorded a crime committed by a white person with an ideological opposition to the black race?

Rest assured, I do not ask these questions in search of any real answers from you, for you make your selective agenda loud and abundantly clear in your post.
Wheew... Thanks for explaining which black lives matter. Only the ones killed because they are black..
Hundreds of blacks shot and killed every week, yet we only need to understand why the one or two killed because they were black matter. Thanks now move along and please step over the dead bodies as you leave the park. Nothing to see here.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:14 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Strange that all the complaining of white officer on black criminal media coverage is controlled by ...whom?

Got so much time to write in a forum, yet no balls to research which media person to send your complaints to: journalists and TV reporters?

Does the media just not listen to whites anymore?

It makes you wonder when some in here just say,... blacks do this, black live like that that, ....as if it every black person and black neighborhood is crime ridden or its 90%, 80% like that etc.... There are quite a few affluent black neighborhoods across the country where some people would be surprised that it doesn't fit their stereotype. Geez, the 80s had the Huxtables yet some here are still so ignorant to generalize. and there are midle income areas too that are still good. Alright, back to my tennis (in a mixed neighborhood, oh my) and some sushi and wine afterwards.
I think you need to have your sarcasm screen calibrated.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:35 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
New Orleans Police officer shot and killed Saturday by suspect he was transporting to lockup. = Yawn = Not news!!
That did make the news. I saw it on TV and the Chicago tribune.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:07 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,565,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
New Orleans Police officer shot and killed Saturday by suspect he was transporting to lockup. = Yawn = Not news!!
Saw it in my local paper, in the WSJ, and in various online sources... both the day after initial incident and the day dude was caught still wearing the handcuffs.

At least find something that isn't news when you yawn about it not being news.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:18 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gee, nine people killed versus one person killed? Yeah, that's a real head-scratcher...

Aside from that, the glaringly obvious reason is that the Charleston shooting was not just a crime against nine people - it was a political attack, terrorism, literally by the admission of the shooter targeting an entire race.

You might as well ask, with feigned bewilderment, why the Boston Marathon bombing (with a third the fatality rate of the recent shooting in South Carolina) got so much coverage - exponentially more than the Charleston shooting, as a matter of fact. That, too, was a crime of political terror. And I'm sure you understand that perfectly well. It's coverage was warranted by the fact that it was an attack on people just because they were American citizens. Yet you'd have us believe that an attack on people chosen as targets just because they are black is not significant.

So how is it that you can comprehend the perceived magnitude of a political crime committed by a Muslim with an ideological opposition to the West, but are utterly baffled at the magnitude accorded a crime committed by a white person with an ideological opposition to the black race?

Rest assured, I do not ask these questions in search of any real answers from you, for you make your selective agenda loud and abundantly clear in your post.
Wow excellent post. No further response to the thread was needed after this one.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:57 PM

716 posts, read 1,236,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Okay, so apparently your concept of the American problem of race is confined to what makes headlines.
Pretty much. All these protests, killings, riots, "lets kill white people" murders and posts, etc. is cus of the headlines. Most people, especially the ones protesting and loudest about it, don't know any of the facts and rely on the headlines/memes, etc. to tell them everything.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:48 PM

11 posts, read 9,081 times
There is an attack on whites in this country and the media is trying their hardest to make blacks seem like poor helpless victims that never do wrong. It is getting sickening. Just turn on your TV and watch commercials or look at print ads and you will have a bunch of black guys in most of them portrayed in flattering ways and usually alongside a bunch of white women. If you do not know what is going on you are a FOOL. It is propaganda and those behind it know exactly what they are doing. They are trying to lower the white population by convincing white women like myself to mix with black men. Sometimes I think I am living in Nigeria and not the USA considering how much the media shows or mentions blacks even though they are only 13% of the population. This country is literally turning to sh*t.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:08 PM

716 posts, read 1,236,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntMaude View Post
There is an attack on whites in this country and the media is trying their hardest to make blacks seem like poor helpless victims that never do wrong. It is getting sickening. Just turn on your TV and watch commercials or look at print ads and you will have a bunch of black guys in most of them portrayed in flattering ways and usually alongside a bunch of white women. If you do not know what is going on you are a FOOL. It is propaganda and those behind it know exactly what they are doing. They are trying to lower the white population by convincing white women like myself to mix with black men. Sometimes I think I am living in Nigeria and not the USA considering how much the media shows or mentions blacks even though they are only 13% of the population. This country is literally turning to sh*t.
Meanwhile blacks always ***** about how the media makes them look BAD compared to whites lmfao...delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies