Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 03:14 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
White privilege is an offensive put-down used by people who are afraid of hard work and are jealous of the successes enjoyed by white people in general. However, this behaviour is not targeted at whites alone. When these same people see other minorities enjoying success, they accuse them of "selling out" or being whitey's lap dog.

The root of this behaviour is envy caused by watching those who are successful having money to buy things they themselves can't afford.

As such, how can anyone take this kind of overt bigotry seriously?

I had to work for everything I enjoy in life. It was never given nor granted to me. Guess what? If you stopped bitching about racism, got off your lazy ass and did something constructive with your life, you might be successful too!
I also had to work for what I have.

I was very poor as a child.........I totally agree with your post.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:29 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I also had to work for what I have.

I was very poor as a child.........I totally agree with your post.
My experience, as well.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Every other ethnic group in America, except white must overcome various stereotypes for the right to be judged individually. Whites do not. It not a shock that most whites are oblivious to this, as this is a function of the lower mind.
Good grief. You appear to not be a student of American history. Are you aware of how the white Irish were treated in this country when they 1st appeared on the shores of this country and for a generation or so afterwards, and throughout history in other regions of the world? You might want to google a bit to read about the topic. Here's a start for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Irish_sentiment

They were treated very harshly.

And to add, you think Italian's and the Polish didn't have to deal with various stereotypes/hatred in America, some very harsh at times throughout history in our country?

Now what was that about "oblivious"?

Old 06-22-2015, 04:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Good grief. You appear to not be a student of American history. Are you aware of how the white Irish were treated in this country when they 1st appeared on the shores of this country and for a generation or so afterwards, and throughout history in other regions of the world? You might want to google a bit to read about the topic. Here's a start for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Irish_sentiment

They were treated very harshly.

And to add, you think Italian's and the Polish didn't have to deal with various stereotypes/hatred in America, some very harsh at times throughout history in our country?

Now what was that about "oblivious"?
Good grief is right.

Just look at the way females were (and still are) treated.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:21 PM

524 posts, read 400,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
My experience, as well.
Same here. I joined the military to escape from my fate as trailerpark trash.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hillary's spouting this nonsense now too. Think she really believes it? Or is she just another Democrat pandering to the black planta...whoops, black community.

Hillary Clinton: Racial Discrimination Should Make Us Question Our 'Privilege' - Breitbart
She's pandering to the lowest common denominator and playing savior of the victim, which works, even though her and here husband are a member of the privileged group. It does work much better than holding up successful people as examples to follow.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
White privilege is an offensive put-down used by people who are afraid of hard work and are jealous of the successes enjoyed by white people in general. However, this behaviour is not targeted at whites alone. When these same people see other minorities enjoying success, they accuse them of "selling out" or being whitey's lap dog.

Or call successful blacks too white trying to bring them down and then act like they are owed

The root of this behaviour is envy caused by watching those who are successful having money to buy things they themselves can't afford.

The jealousy is sickening

As such, how can anyone take this kind of overt bigotry seriously?

I had to work for everything I enjoy in life. It was never given nor granted to me. Guess what? If you stopped bitching about racism, got off your lazy ass and did something constructive with your life, you might be successful too!
Same here... I busted my ass to move up, no one gave a damn about me back then... that is until they they wanted a piece of what I worked for. Asses

Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
How's this for white privilege? The way that armed and dangerous white shooter, fleeing from the police, Dylann Roof was treated by the police vs say Freddy Gray, black, unarmed and fleeing from the police, or Michael Brown, black, unarmed, fleeing from the police, or unarmed black couple,Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams, who fled from police in a similar manner as Roof, but were killed in a flurry of 137 shots fired by police.

The reason so many of you can't recognize or acknowledge white privilege is because you are 100 % immersed in it.

Dear white allies after Charleston: Please understand this about your privilege - Salon.com

Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
She's pandering to the lowest common denominator and playing savior of the victim, which works, even though her and here husband are a member of the privileged group.
It escapes me how so many sheep follow without realizing this.

I tried this a few times on myself and I still can't come up with a clear answer.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:23 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How's this for white privilege? The way that armed and dangerous white shooter, fleeing from the police, Dylann Roof was treated by the police vs say Freddy Gray, black, unarmed and fleeing from the police, or Michael Brown, black, unarmed, fleeing from the police, or unarmed black couple,Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams, who fled from police in a similar manner as Roof, but were killed in a flurry of 137 shots fired by police.

The reason so many of you can't recognize or acknowledge white privilege is because you are 100 % immersed in it.

Dear white allies after Charleston: Please understand this about your privilege - Salon.com

After the hypocrisy displayed by Salon, I'm not even reading your link.

These Two Salon Tweets Side By Side Speak Volumes About The Left’s Hypocrisy ~ Crack Two
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies