Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I believe what Emily is pointing out here is that even some main streamers are beginning to confirm what we skeptics have known all along. It's not a 'smoking gun", but simply confirmation.
Then do your family and self a favor: stay away from hospitals and doctors and go for natural treatment, no matter what.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And it was for three reasons only: OB-GYN, sanitation, nutrition.
False, incredibly false.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:27 PM

76 posts, read 76,068 times
It's worse than that, there's an entire field of "medicine" that's based on pseudo-science: psychiatry! Too bad most people are too uneducated to understand that!

Old 06-21-2015, 10:01 PM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Life and Death in The Antebellum Era 1800-1850 | Legacy.com

Read the average life expectancy number----37. That was where we were at after using traditional natural medicine for thousands of years.
It's one thing to believe a good story, but to blindly accept a story with OBVIOUS problems is quite another.

We've all been to elementary school, and I assume that they still teach kids about George Washington, and other notable figures of history. Look at all those old, white haired men who founded this nation in the 1700's. So many figures in the past which lived to ripe old ages simply does not jibe with this nonsensical crap about everyone dying by the age of thirty.

The truth is, many people didn't live long in those days, but this was the difference between privilege and commoner, who lived much harsher lives than their aristocratic contemporaries. Better food, cleaner water, better housing and environment, along with less or very little hard personal labor accounted for the differing life expectancy between aristocrat and commoner... not this supposed miracle of modern medicine that didn't exist then.

While modern medicine does have certain tools now that routinely save lives that would have been lost in days past, like antibiotics, and such .., and trauma is also a thing modern medicine deals with far more effectively ... the actual state of health from a wellness/sickness perspective is a monumental failure today.

Logic would suggest that an industry which thrives on illness is unlikely to be the best source for promoting/delivering wellness, and that is what results are showing. We pay more than any other nation for "healthcare, while also leading every other nations in all of the major diseases. Just consider that, and explain to us how that equates to such wild success? It plainly doesn't add up. Something is wrong with this picture we've had painted for us ... and it's all too obvious.

The general life expectancy of the masses has increased in modern times not because of pharmaceutical drugs, but from better overall living conditions, sanitation, refrigeration, cleaner water and more abundant food. Yet, we are now experiencing a decline .... as our food and water is being poisoned, making us fatter and sicker than ever ... perfect candidates for those miracle cures of modern medicine!

Old 06-21-2015, 10:18 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
I believe what Emily is pointing out here is that even some main streamers are beginning to confirm what we skeptics have known all along. It's not a 'smoking gun", but simply confirmation.

Furthermore, we have seen in recent times, a significant number of revelations about deliberate manipulations and fabrications of data and studies from insider sources as well as independent scientific sources. Some of these revelations have been bombshells, yet completely ignored by the mass media and mainstream medical establishment who seem unmoved by new information, and particularly hostile to any new, inconvenient data.

For example, it was recently revealed how scientific studies have now shown that chemotherapy actually causes an acceleration of cancer growth, rather than serve as a cure. You'd think (if one was so inclined to really think) that such information would blow the lid off this fraud posing as effective and safe medicine, yet it seems to fall on deaf ears. See no evil ... speak no evil ... hear no evil ... that's the response.

Another revelation coming from insiders revealed how the FDA covered up data showing a causal link between vaccines and autism .... of course, the whistle blowers are attacked as quacks and the show marches on, along with an increased push for elimination of vaccination wavers. This is the exact opposite of the rational response, which should have been public demand for a full blown investigation into the manipulations being revealed.

The reality is, there are hundreds of billions of dollars riding on continuing and expanding pharmaceutical based medicine whether or not it is effective or safe. Efficacy and safety are just consumer/patient concerns to be addressed as a continued selling point only, and not a scientific or medical concern. That serves no significant role in the course if modern medicine .... if a particular "treatment" masks a symptom, but causes further health issues, well, all the better, since another treatment can be offered for that. A win-win for the medical establishment ... for the patient, not so much.

No industry has become as corrupt as the medical industry, with their unprecedented mandates and product liability protections written into law by their bribe taking lackies in congress. No other industry enjoys such laws requiring public participation/purchase of their product, while also granting them immunity from the well established rules governing product liability that applies to every other business or product.

The fraud is so blatant ... it's impossible not to see.
This. So much this.

I have long been distrustful of the FDA and the CDC, and I know I've mentioned that a few times in various posts on these forums.

It's just like people who believe that crap food on the shelves of the store is ideal for their pets because a vet told them it was. People only listen to one side of the story, they refuse to hear any other side if it makes them uncomfortable.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:43 PM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The beauty of science is that it will admit shortcomings and mistakes, and will move to improve/correct them. OTOH, the opposition claims "perfection" without any basis.
Science has NEVER behaved in that manner ... and certainly doesn't today. We have the "chase the grant" science that knows what the "grantor" desires, and will provide exactly that to keep the grants coming.

Looking back upon history, we find different motives for going along with consensus views .. such as protecting one's life and liberty. Notable figures have suffered grave consequences for challenging the status qou of establishment science ... such as the flat earth ... the sun orbiting the earth ... etc,

The arrogance of modern science knows no equal ... and supposed experts in particular fields will stop at nothing to defend that which they've spent their lifetime publishing papers and books professing. Fat chance that they would just admit to being dead wrong for 30+ years. Only when the current crop of scientists die off is there an avenue for corrections in accepted scientific theories.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Science has NEVER behaved in that manner ... and certainly doesn't today. We have the "chase the grant" science that knows what the "grantor" desires, and will provide exactly that to keep the grants coming.

Looking back upon history, we find different motives for going along with consensus views .. such as protecting one's life and liberty. Notable figures have suffered grave consequences for challenging the status qou of establishment science ... such as the flat earth ... the sun orbiting the earth ... etc,

The arrogance of modern science knows no equal ... and supposed experts in particular fields will stop at nothing to defend that which they've spent their lifetime publishing papers and books professing. Fat chance that they would just admit to being dead wrong for 30+ years. Only when the current crop of scientists die off is there an avenue for corrections in accepted scientific theories.
It is no secret that you know crap about Science. Hence my suggestion: Stay away from modern medicine, and stick with natural cure for your family and you. A single visit to a doctor would make you a hypocrite.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:09 AM

781 posts, read 1,195,839 times
The Lancet is by no means as respected as other peer-reviewd journals in the fields of research and medicine. Why? Because it has a history of controversial articles, many that have been harshly criticized, challenged, and/or retracted by the editing staff. Further, this is an opinion-based article, one clearly printed to create some publicity. Not a research article.

Here's one of the recent controversies that I think of every time someone mentions this journal, and yes, Mr. Horton was editor-in-chief back then too:

Autism and vaccine controversy (1998)
The Lancet was criticized after it published a paper in 1998 in which the authors suggested a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. In February 2004, The Lancet published a partial retraction of the paper. The editor-in-chief, Richard Horton, went on the record to say the paper had "fatal conflicts of interest" because the study's lead author, Andrew Wakefield, had a serious conflict of interest that he had not declared to The Lancet. The journal completely retracted the paper on 2 February 2010, after Wakefield was found to have acted unethically in conducting the research.

The Lancet* '​s six editors, including the editor-in-chief, were also criticized in 2011 because they had "covered up" the "Wakefield concocted fear of MMR" with an "avalanche of denials" in 2004.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:14 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
some believe that modern western medicine is the only route to take, some believe that natural medicine is the only route to take. i believe that a combination of both is what we need. but we also need to question the medications our doctors prescribe for us. we need to ask are pharmacist what drug interactions there are, what side effects there are, etc. too many people just take the meds their doctors prescribe for them, and never question anything. they also never report to their doctors what side effects they are having, and how severe they are.

we need to tell our doctors EVERY medication and supplement we take, and we need to tell our doctors when we are having severe side effects. a couple of instances in my case;

when i left the hospital in 2007, i was put on actos, and they stopped my glimiperide for my diabetes. one of the side effects of actos however is the tendency for some to retain water, in my case it was severe to the point where one day the skin on my left leg just split open, and there was no blood, but rather water that drained out of the wound. needless to say my doctor told me to drop the actos and put me back on glimiperide.

another time i was taking an iron supplement for my anemia(due to a loss of kidney function). the side effect on that was diarrhea, again in my case severe. i was taken off the iron pills, and it went away immediately.

as much as i would like to hammer the pharmaceutical industry, or doctors in general, i cant, because the patient who has issues with medications is the one that needs to tell their doctor about the problems, and either demand that adjustments be made, or the medication be changed.

there are times when i have gone through three or four different meds for the same problem before i got one that worked well without the nasty side effects.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:25 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
There is a place for both 'natural' and western medicine.

I disagree that there is a giant conspiracy against alternative treatments.
No one comes to my house and yanks the cayenne and honey out of my hands when I have a cold.
No one jailed my mother for putting turmeric on her inflammation.

I have never been discouraged by ANYONE from talking to my patients about various different approaches to treating their problems long and short term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies