Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That is what true science is supposed to be but when science comes with $trings attached, ego, politics and an agenda the data and outcome can be manipulated to say whatever the person doing the "scientific" research wants it to say. Science has been used and abused far too often by those who have something to gain from the results (pharmaceutical companies for one).
This usually happens from those to whom science is an inconvenience for many reasons: religious beliefs, insanity, socio-economic and political reasons (and any number of combinations of these).

Old 06-22-2015, 10:03 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
What a goofy thread....If it weren't for modern medical science I would have been in the ground about twenty years ago....Most naturopathic remedies are based on myths and pseudoscience and are no more effective than a placebo, and often a lot worse. What's the harm in naturopathy?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What a goofy thread....If it weren't for modern medical science I would have been in the ground about twenty years ago....Most naturopathic remedies are based on myths and pseudoscience and are no more effective than a placebo, and often a lot worse. What's the harm in naturopathy?
They are hypocrites. Will run to meet modern science and medicine when there is any chance of meeting the creator, for self and their families. They are simply fools who buy into rhetoric they want to believe in. I've some friends from India who hate modern medicine primarily to promote their "natural healing powers" and because they literally hate western world. My friends from the western world generally love "natural healing powers" because they have been raised to distrust science, mostly sponsored by corporate shills who benefit from dumb, anti-science mob. Sometimes I feel, it may even be pharma companies... more profitable to treat than to prevent.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:25 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Nobody would force anything on you, if you weren't a liability. Find an island, if you can't handle social responsibilities. How did your parents manage to skip your vaccinations and medications anyway?
My "social responsibility" doesn't include passifying our ignorance by allowing myself to be injected with poison.

And I'm old enough to have had ALL of those "dreaded and deadly" diseases you believe is your duty and right to save everyone from, even if they don't want your assistence. Mumps, measles, chickenpox, all of them I've had, and now, immune for life ... no booster shots required.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
My "social responsibility" doesn't include passifying our ignorance by allowing myself to be injected with poison.

And I'm old enough to have had ALL of those "dreaded and deadly" diseases you believe is your duty and right to save everyone from, even if they don't want your assistence. Mumps, measles, chickenpox, all of them I've had, and now, immune for life ... no booster shots required.
Blame your parents for not injecting the "poison" in you. And if they did (since you never responded if your vaccinations and medications were skipped), it can't be a poison if you survived.

I would be fine keeping the irresponsible around, if they are made liable for being a nuisance to the rest. But if you have an anti-science agenda, you will hear it.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Western medicine, just like natural medicine works to cure diseases; they don't necessarily prevent them.
Western, or allopathic/pharmaceutical medicine cures NOTHING, and often either causes an increase in the disease being treated, or causes side effects worse than the disease being treated. Natural medicine, on the other hand, incorporates an emphasis on diet and lifestyle changes that actually does cure, and prevent diseases.

Quote:
Diseases like cancer and diabetes can be caused by someone's lifestyle or their genetics. The cause of diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer can many times(not always) be attributed to someone's lifestyle.
Such diseases are far more likely a result of the crap food, laden with chemicals, and absent of essential nutrients the body needs to prevent illness!! .Food which, by the way, is also regulated under the watchful eye of the FDA ... Food & Drug Administratiin. The food now is almost as poisonous as the drugs! What a great job the FDA is doing, if the goal is to kill us all, slowly.

Quote:
Obesity puts someone at a much higher risk of contracting all of those diseases. The rates of these diseases are much higher in people who are obese than those who live more healthily. The explosion of these diseases aren't a result of a failure of western medicine; it's a result of people living unhealthily. Natural medicine doesn't fix this.
The rate of obesity is just another manifestation of the corporate food industry which loads the grocery store shelves with processed food of which half the ingredients most can't even pronounce. Natural medicine does absolutely address that by advising people to eat organic food, avoid those chemical poisons, and supplement the diet with food based vitamins and minerals which have been depleted by mega corporate farming and massive chemical based fertilizers.

Quote:
I don't think that natural medicine is all completely useless, but trying to do away with all of western medicine would be complete stupidity. What some proponents of switching to natural medicine don't understand is that western medicine does in fact have benefits. Just because some of it has negative side effects doesn't mean it's nothing but a poison. Many of these proponents of natural medicine also say that western medicine is just a big money making opportunity. This sort of thing is nothing more than conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theories are a sign of junk science and it only serves to discredit what they are saying.
Wrong, and very naive. Pharmaceutical medicine is absolutely ALL ABOUT MONEY. Given that prescription drugs prescribed by doctors and taken as directed, kill 200,000 people each year ... it sure ain't about health, cuz dying ain't very healthy.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
This usually happens from those to whom science is an inconvenience for many reasons: religious beliefs, insanity, socio-economic and political reasons (and any number of combinations of these).
Wow ... vitamins are now a religious belief! Eating healthy organic food s a mental disorder, and questioning the healthfulness of GMO and chemicals is conspiracy theory.

Congratulations ... you are 100% programmed.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:00 PM

76 posts, read 70,946 times
Pretty embarrassing post.

I'm a physics major that got into computers and sold a dot com to make my money, but I'm a scientist at heart.

Almost all science is wrong. That's the whole point. The scientific method is the single most important creation in the history of man. It's exact. It's always correct. It's the reason we know the earth is round, it's the reason we know other planets exist, it's the reason we know everything that matters in life.

I have no idea what the OP is trying to convey.

Can anyone narrow down what the central argument is here?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminofitall View Post
Pretty embarrassing post.

I'm a physics major that got into computers and sold a dot com to make my money, but I'm a scientist at heart.

Almost all science is wrong. That's the whole point. The scientific method is the single most important creation in the history of man. It's exact. It's always correct. It's the reason we know the earth is round, it's the reason we know other planets exist, it's the reason we know everything that matters in life.

I have no idea what the OP is trying to convey.

Can anyone narrow down what the central argument is here?
Skewy, Dewy and Sueie.

Do you think science should be controlled?

Well, it is.

There are pie-orities

Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Blame your parents for not injecting the "poison" in you. And if they did (since you never responded if your vaccinations and medications were skipped), it can't be a poison if you survived.

I would be fine keeping the irresponsible around, if they are made liable for being a nuisance to the rest. But if you have an anti-science agenda, you will hear it.
I'm all for responsibility, and liability. Now, tell your congress critters to void the laws giving these pharmaceutical poison pushers total amnesty from any liability for the damage their poisons are causing.

If this crap was actually safe, then they wouldn't need such corrupt protection. And if the crap were beneficial, they wouldn't need laws mandating it's use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies