Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 02:10 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laibach View Post
Still way higher. 200% higher is HUGE anyway you slice it. HUGE
Actually, it's nearly 400% higher.

Lol @ "gun grabbers!" No one "is coming for your guns." Stop smoking the crack with that koolaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 02:12 AM

44 posts, read 43,350 times
Don't let the government be the one who has the guns.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:33 AM

At least we can shoot back.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:40 AM

Ok with me, go out with a fight.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:57 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
I purchased a gun at a gun show. This is what happened:

I knew what I wanted, but I chose to look around anyway. I went back to the table that had the gun I wanted. I said, "I want that one". I was asked for my ID, I presented it. I then had to fill out a long yellow sheet of information. I gave that long yellow sheet of information back to the shop owner who was at the gun show. I was then given a receipt, and a business card, and told that I could call them in three days, and then come by the store to pick up my gun. Because of work, I actually waited a week. I walked in to the store, finally, presented my receipt, they checked my ID again, and I got my gun.

It is very rare that you're going to walk in to a gun show and walk out with a gun same day.

I can buy a gun much faster on the street. In Florida, where I purchased that gun, I knew exactly where to go, on the streets, to purchase a gun. There would not have been a three day waiting period, there would have been no yellow sheet of information, there would have been no ID check, twice.

It's not hard to get a gun, illegally. It's harder to get a gun, legally.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:02 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
You owning a gun isn't going to stop the government from doing what it wants to do.
Doesn't matter. The last thing I'm going to do is stand there like a coward soiling my drawers, and waiting for orders. That's the LAST damn thing I would ever do, were it to ever come to a situation such as that.

I'd rather die standing up for and defending myself.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:06 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
You owning a gun isn't going to stop the government from doing what it wants to do.
It did at the Bundy Ranch last year.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:52 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Who are these "gun grabbers" you people keep on about? Has anyone here had their guns grabbed? Anyone?

No?

I haven't. Anyone know anyone whose guns have been grabbed?

Quite the bit of hyperbole there.
I agree. Mr. Diva and I are pretty liberal, yet about 40 ft. away from me, there are several arms stored, including an (unloaded) shotgun, rifle, and handgun. Mr. Diva grew up in TX and learned to hunt both small and large game, and he was an Eagle Scout who knows how to field dress an animal. I know how to load and shoot a hand gun because both my brother and Mr. Diva taught me to do so. No one has ever threatened to grab Mr. Diva's guns, and he has never had a second thought about owning them. Aside from what I have outlined, my gun knowledge is limited, so maybe I'm missing something, and I'm being generous here. I don't understand why people apparently think there are groups of people or government entities hell-bent on taking their guns. Is there any evidence of that? If so, please share.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:30 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
From your link....A local gun shop owner who spoke with WYFF News 4 Investigates said the system is flawed because pending charges don't always show up on background checks. It is not yet known how Roof got the gun...

Sic Semper Tyrannis : How did he get the gun?
That's because you're innocent until proven guilty.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:32 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
By "legitimate" guns shows, exactly what do you mean and in what states?

My experience with gun shows is based upon my time in Florida, a state that only required an instant background check. When the law was established the gun show would set up a couple of licensed dealers to run the gun checks for private dealers and buyers. I found nothing difficult or onerous about the set up.
Sorry, but I had to throw "legitimate" in there to appease the lefties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies