Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:54 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh, and could you explain the lack of gun related violence there? There's really nothing to attempt to argue about. Gun crime in this country is outrageous. The fact that people choose to look the other way & pretend it doesn't exist is reprehensible.

Because everyone owns a gun and were raised to be polite.

Unlike the crime ridden parts of metro USA, where law abiding people are oppressed from owning a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 AM

Tough strict gun laws are in place, where there are large populations of black Americans. It has been like that since the end of slavery.

In 1871, the northern run federal government, freaked out that the former confederate states were going to give freemen, their full 2nd amendment rights. It has perpetuated from there.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
So, because laws don't prevent crimes, let's get rid of the laws!!! Yeah! That works!

If that works for guns, then, well, since the law making murder illegal didn't prevent Roof from massacring 9 people, let's make murder legal, and all this is moot!!!

Gun laws, have a side effect of increased crime....

Funny how that works.

If everyone was armed, the bad evil individual that is really a coward, will really have to think hard how he will sustain maximum casualties.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,398,100 times
Quote:
Uh huh, and could you explain the lack of gun related violence there? There's really nothing to attempt to argue about. Gun crime in this country is outrageous. The fact that people choose to look the other way & pretend it doesn't exist is reprehensible.
If you exclude the American ghettos, gun crime rates are consistent with the rest of the world.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,521,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because everyone owns a gun and were raised to be polite.

Unlike the crime ridden parts of metro USA, where law abiding people are oppressed from owning a gun.
It's funny that you actually believe your own ridiculousness. Who puts in place the gun control laws? The state? The city? Tell me, who is it.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:22 AM

893 posts, read 883,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Who are these "gun grabbers" you people keep on about? Has anyone here had their guns grabbed? Anyone?

No?

I haven't. Anyone know anyone whose guns have been grabbed?

Quite the bit of hyperbole there.

You would in fact be wrong. Just ask those who had their guns confiscated during hurricane Katrina.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is exactly the problem, how do relatives know that the person they are transferring a gun to are "clean", do they know the history of the individual, how do they know?
Yeah, you are right.....I just give my property to the bat***t crazy cousin all the time. I'm the most generous person in the world!

Do you people even listen to your own insanity? What property have you given to people you hardly know?

Last edited by iowa4430; 03-06-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-06-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm a lot safer in Canada than I would be in the US, gun or no gun. The US murder rate is 23 times that of Canada.
sigh.....

Take the cities of Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore and St Louis and set them aside. That makes the United States one of the safest countries in the entire world.

What do all of those crap hole cities have in common?

-Run by democrats nearly exclusively for 50 years
-Tight gun laws.

I see a theme here.......

Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I just explained it above.

Gun crime is only "outrageous" in gun control areas. Run by gun control advocates. The rest of the country is pretty safe.

outrageous, huh?

Old 03-06-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Politically appointed men & women in robes???

You tell me what SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means, in any contract(legal document)

It has never ever meant "maybe", or "not recommended".

Remember those 9 in robes are politically appointed. History tells us all that, when FDR wanted to stack the deck to over run the US Constitution.

It is so hard to read the words, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, and try to change the meaning of those very words.
It would be an infringement of the very thing that shall not be infringed. The right of the people. Not the power of the government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7ldL1LM

But then comes... Are you a person(an individual with liberties), or a citizen( a subject of the state)
this video needs a repost.

the gun grabbers want us to believe that the constitutional amendments decided to just skip individual rights with the 2nd Amendment while the others protected them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies