Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times

Advertisements

Most guns in my city come from straw purchasers in Mississippi. There are lots of good guys with guns in Chicago and that's cured our crime! (just kidding)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 10:39 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So buying a gun is hard, huh?
Real easy here in Nj.

Just get your firearm id card. All you have to do is release you medical records, submit three references, get fingerprinted and have them run by the FBI. Wait weeks or months and you might get your FID. Great! now you can buy a long gun...but not before the FFL runs a nics check despite seeing your valid FID. Get a gun repaired and your not getting that gun returned unless the FFL runs a NICS check.

Oh, that's right, we are talking handguns.

For a handgun repeat that previous procedure only if you have a valid FID and the address on the FID matches the address on your driver's license.

That permit to purchase is good for 60 days or so.

While NJ residents wait for their permits or nics checks the murder rate in Newark is statistically 2+ deaths a week. Not counting the never, ever reported number of people shot that were maimed and otherwise traumatized. Newark has had an unbroken string of murders from the 60s that used to be an abyssmal 1 death a month which now looks like the good old days.

Oh, NJ has a further deterrent...a 3 year mandatory sentence for crimes committed with a gun. I'd guess that more people have been sentenced for administrative violations than perps using guns to commit crimes.

NJ prides itself on not granting permits to carry to anyone ecxcept ex cops and money lenders. NJ legislators also ensure that the rights of gang members are not violated in their effort to sell drugs and defend territory and exempts them from the permit to carry system and FIDs..

Old 03-06-2016, 10:41 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Well, just this week in my area, there have been several gun store burglaries. So it was certainly easy enough for them to get a bunch of guns to sell to other violent criminals.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:54 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Most guns in my city come from straw purchasers in Mississippi. There are lots of good guys with guns in Chicago and that's cured our crime! (just kidding)
Gee, there should be a law against that.
Oh wait. Well, pass another law; make it more illegal.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:19 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
It's too bad the people in your city behave like animals and can't be trusted with 18th century technology. MY city doesn't have any problems with guns, there hasn't been a shooting much less a murder here for decades.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,635,277 times
Quote:
You think gang bangers here in Chicago drive 30 hours round trip to buy their guns illegally?

ROFL

Old 03-06-2016, 03:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's funny that you actually believe your own ridiculousness. Who puts in place the gun control laws? The state? The city? Tell me, who is it.

The wealthy in power.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
sigh.....

Take the cities of Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore and St Louis and set them aside. That makes the United States one of the safest countries in the entire world.

What do all of those crap hole cities have in common?

-Run by democrats nearly exclusively for 50 years
-Tight gun laws.

I see a theme here.......

You left out, high concentration of Black Americans.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:20 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I can walk into a store in my town and, after having the clerk do the background check, pay the man and walk out the same day with a pistol, rifle or shotgun. I consider guns to be tools. If I need a wrench I can buy one. If I need a pistol I can buy one. That is the way it should be everywhere in the country.

We do not need to control firearms. We need to control the people that would misuse firearms for criminal acts. That is best done by a well armed population willing to defend themselves and others from violent assault. Citizens should be taught in High School how and when it is proper to use guns.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:05 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Yeah, you are right.....I just give my property to the bat***t crazy cousin all the time. I'm the most generous person in the world!

Do you people even listen to your own insanity? What property have you given to people you hardly know?

two things

Guns are not like any old piece of property.

Owners transfer guns to relatives or friends outside of the system because they know them, sounds like a plan.

So you are honorable and careful, we can safely assume everyone else is the same way right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies