Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,997,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Not clearly a fact at this point, but even if we agree that it is a fact for discussion purposes, it is a fact that you also cannot scientifically confirm.
Um, it has already been scientifically confirmed.....so yes, it is clearly a fact at this point....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 10:51 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,804,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I agree, the earth will be fine without us, better actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well...what are you waiting for???
Finally, a dose of reality

Old 06-22-2015, 10:58 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,804,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who has floodlights on their streets? I live in a liberal state and this is the first I've heard of this
The liberal People's Republic of Austin, aka Moscow on the Colorado...

AustinPostcard - Moonlight Towers - 1895 Austin, Texas

Quote:
SIX 6,400-WATT LAMPS at the top of each tower create the famous moonlight glow. They've gone from carbon-arc to incandescent to mercury vapor over the years. The technology has changed, but the romance of th emoolight glow has stayed the same.
Austin Moonlight Towers | Map

Old 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM

14,295 posts, read 9,631,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We are not doing a very good job of taking of the only home we have....

Chemical pollution threatens Great Lakes. Urgent action needed for Great Lakes protection, cleanup: report | CTV News

Earth's groundwater reserves might be in danger. The draining of the world

Toxic algae bloom off West Coast most prolific ever. Scientists: Toxic algae bloom off West Coast most prolific ever

May, 2015 shatters heat records. News - As May shatters global heat records, which 2015 will we get? - The Weather Network

Earth facing sixth great extinction event. Here's More Proof Earth Is in Its 6th Mass Extinction

Bees dying by the billions. Honey Bees & Pesticides: Colony Collapse Disorder and dying bees | Pesticide Action Network

Arctic Ocean becoming harmful to marine species. Arctic Ocean rapidly becoming harmful to marine species News - The Weather Network

Our oceans are becoming more acid.. Ocean Acidification | Smithsonian Ocean Portal
The only pollution anyone in our government cares about is CO2. We will bankrupt entire industries in our fanatic rage over fossil fuels and CO2, but real pollution, bah... who cares.

Oh, and as soon as we have an El Nino event to raise temps, then even more frantic raging over CO2 will occur, and real pollution will take an even further back seat to it

Old 06-22-2015, 11:08 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,503,120 times
sansy, you're all talk, no action.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,633,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We will be long gone from our own doing before that ever happens, you even said so yourself, therefore no one will be blaming man for the sun expanding....Though most people who are aware how science works and how a sun ages should already be aware of this fact.
where did i say that man would be gone due to their own actions? the fact is i didnt. however you and your like have said that. there are many ways man can perish from this earth, but i believe that humanity will survive this planet and move out into the galaxy.

there are many species that went extinct because they acted on instinct and hunted themselves and their prey into extinction, because they could not or did not adapt to their environment. man on the other hand has the capability to adapt, and the intelligence to manage our environment.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:59 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,537,534 times
The Love of MONEY is an EVIL, DESTRUCTIVE FORCE
that could literally end life on this planet.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
where did i say that man would be gone due to their own actions? the fact is i didnt. however you and your like have said that. there are many ways man can perish from this earth, but i believe that humanity will survive this planet and move out into the galaxy.

there are many species that went extinct because they acted on instinct and hunted themselves and their prey into extinction, because they could not or did not adapt to their environment. man on the other hand has the capability to adapt, and the intelligence to manage our environment.
I believe you said it in the line I put in bold for you to read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
t he sun will NOT supernova, it isnt big enough to do that. it will however become a red giant, expanding out to just about the orbit of the earth thus incinerating the planet. it will then puff off its atmosphere which will become a planetary nebula, and the core will collapse down into a white dwarf, essentially a giant diamond in space.

however the planet will be devoid of life long before that. as the sun grows in size, the earth will face true global warming, caused by the sun, and in about 2 billion years the earth will be completely unlivable even to the hardiest of life forms, as there will be no water of any kind on the planet.

and of course liberals will blame man for the sun destroying the earth.
Not sure why that would be something you would argue that you didn't say....most people are willing to accept the fact that the human race probably won't exist long enough to be around when the sun becomes a red dwarf.....though I guess you could say you weren't being specific with that comment...

Old 06-22-2015, 03:03 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,376,695 times
When the mass extinction starts and food gets short, all liberals and vegans go to the back of the line!

Old 06-22-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
When the mass extinction starts and food gets short, all liberals and vegans go to the back of the line!
Haha, that's cute, as if that will matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies