Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 04:14 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,620,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Obama also said this during the interview....

"I always tell young people, in particular, do not say that nothing has changed when it comes to race in America, unless you've lived through being a black man in the 1950s or '60s or '70s. It is incontrovertible that race relations have improved significantly during my lifetime and yours," Obama said.

He was so close on this one...... race relations had improved in the past 50 years or so...... until Obama took office, then his rhetoric, and those he surrounded himself with, undid all that progress
It wouldn't have mattered what he did. The very fact that he's black and the President simply emboldened the racists into speaking out.

Here's some quotes from a site that records racist statements online and in the media for ridicule and posterity. These are from before Obama ever took office. Note, this is ONLY the quotes that specifically mention Obama by name. There's plenty more about blacks in general.

Hal Turner, Hal Turner Show
Alaska Joe, Yahoo! Answers
Anonymous, ZOG's Nightmare
Juergen Gansel, UK Telegraph
Anonymous Coward, godlikeproductions
Jennifer_Saved, yahoo answers
G. Gordon Liddy and one of his assclown listeners, Media Matters
Corey, World Net Daily
jewhader, [domain blocked due to spam] (aka Stormfront Lite)
thomas robb, kkk
Michael Crook, Bail For Stevie
No More BS, [domain blocked due to spam]
Gene Ray (Time Cube Guy), Time Cube Website
kkkramer, Stormfront
mickeysmouse30, JLA Forums

Racism was already there, it was just easier for most people to ignore. Personally, I think it's better now that the racism issue is out in the open. It's difficult to solve a problem no one wants to admit exists.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,897,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
It wouldn't have mattered what he did. The very fact that he's black and the President simply emboldened the racists into speaking out.

Here's some quotes from a site that records racist statements online and in the media for ridicule and posterity. These are from before Obama ever took office. Note, this is ONLY the quotes that specifically mention Obama by name. There's plenty more about blacks in general.

Hal Turner, Hal Turner Show
Alaska Joe, Yahoo! Answers
Anonymous, ZOG's Nightmare
Juergen Gansel, UK Telegraph
Anonymous Coward, godlikeproductions
Jennifer_Saved, yahoo answers
G. Gordon Liddy and one of his assclown listeners, Media Matters
Corey, World Net Daily
jewhader, [domain blocked due to spam] (aka Stormfront Lite)
thomas robb, kkk
Michael Crook, Bail For Stevie
No More BS, [domain blocked due to spam]
Gene Ray (Time Cube Guy), Time Cube Website
kkkramer, Stormfront
mickeysmouse30, JLA Forums

Racism was already there, it was just easier for most people to ignore. Personally, I think it's better now that the racism issue is out in the open. It's difficult to solve a problem no one wants to admit exists.
Kind of like saying/confronting Radical Islam Terrorists don't you think? Here's the rub, the President can go on and on about racism, even using the "N" word but he and others around him cannot bring themselves to utter the words "Radical Islam" many can't bear to even think the word "terrorist" except (it seems) when it comes to mass shootings by whites in the U.S..

Are there racists in the U.S.? Sure! Just as there's been terrorist acts by Radical Islamists of several colors.
Must be in their DNA too...

Old 06-22-2015, 04:52 PM

6,082 posts, read 6,014,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Nothing like hearing the alleged "Leader of the Free World" is dropping n-bombs on talk radio.

Stay classy, Obama.
Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a hit in the polls for this.

Just confirms my suspicion that although phenotype he reflects his Kenyan Muslim father, he culturally takes after his limousine mother's side of the family, warts and all.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:59 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,558,280 times
Personally, I think we should get rid of that word . All it does is bring ones mind to times of slavery. It's a horrible reminder. The president didn't have to say it, he obviously said it for attention. Poor choice in my opinion. But hey, we all make them.

The worst is when blacks use it. I also hate it when women call each other beech. Have some respect if you expect any.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:26 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,745,515 times
And I didn't think he could pull the presidency any lower.....

Old 06-22-2015, 06:32 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,931,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
And I didn't think he could pull the presidency any lower.....
We have about 18 months to go. It may get a lot lower as a lame duck with nothing to lose.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 PM

17,379 posts, read 13,137,308 times

American race relations have been set back 50 years in the past 6 years. All of the hope that things would be better after he was elected had been washed down the toilet

Old 06-22-2015, 06:53 PM

42,754 posts, read 25,982,008 times
he got people talking, and that's exactly what he wanted to accomplish, look how all the CD con's took the bait lol

Old 06-22-2015, 06:56 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,620,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
American race relations have been set back 50 years in the past 6 years. All of the hope that things would be better after he was elected had been washed down the toilet
No, he just brought the existing problem out into the open and made it harder for people to ignore.

Before 6 years ago people who didn't have to deal with racism in their personal lives thought it was gone. Obviously not.

But some people just want to go back to the status quo with the majority comfortably unaware and the minority still suffering its effects.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:02 PM

17,379 posts, read 13,137,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
No, he just brought the existing problem out into the open and made it harder for people to ignore.

Before 6 years ago people who didn't have to deal with racism in their personal lives thought it was gone. Obviously not.

But some people just want to go back to the status quo with the majority comfortably unaware and the minority still suffering its effects.
I really was not talking about the quote...I was talking about the last six years leading up to the quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies