Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 10:46 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Conservatives just wont let go of the Confederate flag, will they? Who has killed more Americans so far? The Confederate Army or ISIS?
Neither. The Federal Army of the USA in the 1860s.

Try again.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:48 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
A Flag does not make you a racist, nor does any symbol. Those afraid of flags and or symbols are the real issue and believe the solution to killings and the KKK or whatever else is to ban something. Sounds more like a facism to me.
A racist will not also KILL people because he dislikes a race. Murders will kill people because they want to, this has nothing to do with the FLAG. The confederate flag will continue to be around because it is a symbol of resistance not about racism.
Just like the dont tread on me, the liberty tree and many others in the history of this nation.
But.... but... but .... I thought if we outlawed the Confederate battle flag that would stop idiots from mass killings..... just like outlawing drugs has stopped drug abuse.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:53 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,826,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But.... but... but .... I thought if we outlawed the Confederate battle flag that would stop idiots from mass killings..... just like outlawing drugs has stopped drug abuse.

nobody believes getting rid of the confederate flag is going to end mass killings.

it's just that roof covered himself in the confederate flag and burned the american flag, then walked in a black church and killed 9 people. the symbolism is enough to finally get rid of it.

the only people who are opposed to this are conservative white males. we all know why.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:56 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah... be damned with hundred + years of history.. A few people dont know what they are talking about so lets just redesign every stupid flag in the country to appeas absolutely no one..

Hey, I'm offended by flowers..
Make jokes all you want. Can you refute anything I've said regarding the secession of the Southern states? BTW, this information in provided in the Articles of Secession.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:57 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
I'm sure Romney was directly responsible for this one, right?

And this was official McCain-Palin material?

Anyone can make a button and put anything they want on it.

Sources from the Clinton-Gore campaign say that all of the buttons they commissioned and handed out had union bugs on then (a small union logo), and I believe that, just as I'm sure the Romney and McCain buttons were made by someone unaffiliated with the campaign.

'92 Confederate buttons weren't ours: Former Clinton aide - CBS News

Old 06-24-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, This individual stated that "The mere fact that you acknowledge that they only fly the flag when they "want to make a statement" is telling."

Why is it telling? Did this individual know what statement my friends were trying to make?!

I explained to her what statement my friend was trying to make. He moved to California from his small southern town, and he has been told he was "uncivilized" by my other friends and my other friends were white!! He flew that flag just to **** the other people off. He wanted to show them that he was a damn proud southerner. It has absolutely nothing to do with history.

The ONLY point I was trying to make is that NOT everybody flies that flag is a racist. Yes, he is a bit insensitive, I will even say he can be childish at times. But do I give him the racist label?! No, I would not because he is not. (He's insensitive, and should have thought about his behavior before doing things, but racist? Not even close.)

You never know what’s going to happen in the heat of an election season when the eyes of politicos are on the polls and spines grow weak under pressure from the tide.
Maybe he only did it to make someone upset. On the other hand, I have to wonder this. I live in the South. I have to wonder why the Confederate flag is picked as the symbol to represent the South.

And I have to say something about childishness. I've dealt with childishness. Maybe it's because I have very little patience and I've been messed with alot. However, if someone where to make insensitive comments like that, it would anger me and I would question that person. I believe there are just somethings that you just don't say.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:04 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,434,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
but... but... but... the Confederate battle flag is not outlawed. You can still wave it with pride.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 AM

13,289 posts, read 7,841,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
But..but...but----that's deeferent. Blame Bush.
Bush didn't want to have nuthin' to do with nuthin'!

That was his mission.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,249,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
nobody believes getting rid of the confederate flag is going to end mass killings.

it's just that roof covered himself in the confederate flag and burned the american flag, then walked in a black church and killed 9 people. the symbolism is enough to finally get rid of it.

the only people who are opposed to this are conservative white males. we all know why.
Actually a lot of women have an issue with it as well. This has the potential to cause a lot of backlash.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I hope not. Anyway, the confederate flag is not the problem. Dylann Roof has mental issues, and unfortunately for that there is no easy fix, if at all. If he had grown up around NYC, he could just have easily developed a fixation against Jews and been flying a Nazi flag. Our country has a growing problem with how to deal with mentally ill people.
This is the thing. I get sick of hearing about "mental illness" with mass shooters. Do you know for a fact that he was mentally ill?

He stated that he went in that church to kill Black people. He admitted his hatred for Blacks. He said he wanted to start a race war. Open and shut case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.