Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 08:44 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Tell that to Aetna. They just announced a 32 billion buyout of Humana. This may mean less choice in the plans offered to both employers and on exchanges in coming years and, of course, higher costs from reduced competition. If you're an optimist, you might argue that consolidation will result in lower overhead and a stronger negotiating position with providers.

I realize you are alluding to a national health plan, but in the US this plan will almost certainly include insurers as administrators and payers and not the government. The main difference from now is how the money will be raised (taxes and fees paid to government and then distributed to insurers verus direct payments from individuals and employers).
They are paying a massively inflated price and if I had AET stock (which I don't) I'd be rushing to sell.

edit: do agree with you on the second point; just that because a corporation is doing a thing doesn't mean it's a smart move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 08:52 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Obamacare without a government option simply holds America hostage to the greedy healthcare companies... like the middle class is not hurting enough. The mandatory healthcare policy is like forcing everyone to buy a new car every year to support the auto industry. I pay $1,100 a month for my wife and myself - that's a car payment on a really nice car, but I feel better knowing that perhaps the CEO of United Healthcre can give himself another 1 billion dollar bonus.

Every other major Western civilization has free healthcare for it's citizens. Why couldn't Obama at least provide a buy-in to Medicare?
I thought in the beginning that Obama wanted a single payer system. Th repub's rejected it and Obama took that out to appease them and they still fought him so he said to hell with you bastards.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I thought in the beginning that Obama wanted a single payer system. Th repub's rejected it and Obama took that out to appease them and they still fought him so he said to hell with you bastards.
Not a single Republican voted for that bill. Stop trying to deflect blame for it your guys own it 100%.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Not a single Republican voted for that bill. Stop trying to deflect blame for it your guys own it 100%.
I am deflecting nothing. Your repubs started from the git go to be obstructionists. You started from the git go of treating Obama like he was a dog. Your buddy Mitch the ***** sucked you in and you fell for it. Yes the Dem's own it and PROUDLY so!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
oh my.. Buying food without a government option, holds us hostage to grocery stores and restaurants....

really?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I am deflecting nothing. Your repubs started from the git go to be obstructionists. You started from the git go of treating Obama like he was a dog. Your buddy Mitch the ***** sucked you in and you fell for it. Yes the Dem's own it and PROUDLY so!
Oh please get off it. I'm so sick and tired of the left whining and crying like babies because people objected to Obamas failed policies.

You want to be proud of it, fine, then stop blaming others for it.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You sound. So Proud.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh please get off it. I'm so sick and tired of the left whining and crying like babies because people objected to Obamas failed policies.

You want to be proud of it, fine, then stop blaming others for it.
What have you been smoking?ACA is not a failed policy although you wish that. I am not blaming anyone you are trying to deflect that those you repubs have tried to screw the pooch and failed You repubs are nothing but a bunch of back biters. imo

Yes i and millions more are definitely proud. We can very easily see through the veil of" i am better than you attitude of repub's." Your message is a failure.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
What have you been smoking?ACA is not a failed policy although you wish that. I am not blaming anyone you are trying to deflect that those you repubs have tried to screw the pooch and failed You repubs are nothing but a bunch of back biters. imo

Yes i and millions more are definitely proud. We can very easily see through the veil of" i am better than you attitude of repub's." Your message is a failure.
ACA was sold to the public as going to insure every american, cut premiums $2500, while cutting the deficits etc..

it does NOTHING promised.

35 million still uninsured, premiums expected to climb 60% over the next decade, per the subsidy increases and going to add $1.5 TRILLION to the debt while leaving over 30 million uninsured.

If this is your definition of success then why didnt Obama sell it on the TRUTH?

Old 07-03-2015, 10:40 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Progressive leftists cast their lot, valued luxurious comprehensive 'health' care insurance policies over their jobs.

45,000 souls perished every year for lack of health care. Hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies