Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 06:10 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
This is true and our government is the hotbed of racism. Most of us just go about our business and social life never considering skin color. We associate with other people who have similar values and interests. But the government requires that everyone focus on skin color and requires that statistics be kept by skin color. The government is the most racist organization on earth.
Most of the clerical, line staff of the federal and state governments are black. That is a fact. Look it up. Good, government jobs, good pensions, excellent health care, what's not to like..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 06:14 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I Sometimes Don't Want to Be White Either*|*Ali Michael

"It seems like a good warning. Rachel Dolezal's actions are a potential pitfall for any White people on the journey towards recognizing the truth of what it means to be White and accepting responsibility for it. But we cannot not be White. And we cannot undo what Whiteness has done. We can only start from where we are and who we are."

Your thoughts?
Seld hating white woman, and she is teaching in a college. Good grief, what chance do our kids have when their professors are freaking lunatics like this stupid *****?

Old 06-24-2015, 06:58 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
I take great pride in my ancestry. English, Ulster-Scot, Scottish, Welsh...arrived in 1611 to Jamestowne, Virginia. Fought in the American Revolution. Great Britain spawned some of the greatest technological and philosophical innovations that the world has ever known, including the United States.

I harbour no ill will toward anyone for their ethnicity, and they should take pride in who they are.
I don't take pride in my heritage; that is a primitive state of mind - silly.

Congradulations, however, to Great Britain for all of those technical accomplishments, although ......colonialism, enslavement of human beings, and the pillaging of resources from other lands and peoples kinda sucked.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:30 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
It's their fault if they choose to identify do greatly with color. I identify by cultural background. *shrug*

Old 06-24-2015, 09:15 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
I wonder if the rest of the world is looking at us and thinking "What a bunch of imbeciles"?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:46 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Many times life does not go as planned..........and you try to make yourself feel better be blaming OTHERS for YOUR screwups.

Seems like a large group of people, have a segment within it......that needs a whipping-boy in order to soothe the agony of defeat.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:57 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I wish I wasen't white so I could get welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing, free breakfast, lunch and dinner at school, free health care, free dentist .
Its not free if your neighbor is paying for it.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:45 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I wish I wasen't white so I could get welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing, free breakfast, lunch and dinner at school, free health care, free dentist .
Its not free if your neighbor is paying for it.
If you're white, you get all of that more than anyone else.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,345 times
Quote:

"It seems like a good warning. Rachel Dolezal's actions are a potential pitfall for any White people on the journey towards recognizing the truth of what it means to be White and accepting responsibility for it. But we cannot not be White. And we cannot undo what Whiteness has done. We can only start from where we are and who we are."

Your thoughts?
Someone trying to gain the favor of minorities. The end. Dumb and quite pitiful actually.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:

Your thoughts?
This quote assumes a few things.

It assumes that all white people are GUILTY of some slave ownership of some white people who lived 100-200 years ago in the Deep South of the U.S., and an equally small proportionate number of European slave traders.

I'd say the descendants of those white people number in about 0.0000001 of the white population on earth. If we move this to ONLY white people in the U.S., you could knock out a few more of those zeros, but still you'll have very very very few of those descendants in the U.S. You might have a higher chance of locating them in Southern previous slave-owning states. I don't know that part of the country, so not sure what the percentage is there.

The bigger issue with this is that probably close to 90% of African-Americans DID have that past. But the percentage of white people in the world with slave-owning or slave-trading ancestors is more like 0.00000000001%.

White people who were of the 99.999999999% are unlikely to 'take responsibility' for the 0.000000001%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies