Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times

Advertisements

If you don't take a *pill* more than once every two weeks, you're not going to get addicted to it, and likewise you will avoid many of the harmful effects from continual use. But doctors tell patients to take a pill once, twice, or 3 times daily. Pushers creating addicts? Pills kill 265,000 Americans a year, but fatal pills with dozens of side affects and intense, even fatal withdrawal, are better than cannabis? It's obvious to me why they pay bribes, to not have competition from a better product.

NPR & state public radio has been pro-pot until recently, now pretty much the opposite. I wonder if a threat of reduced funding or no funding could have been a factor? It would be interesting to see how much the pill cos. have given them. It's always about money, isn't it? Would be interesting what they'd say if they had a show about pills.

One problem with understanding the basics of cannabis is people who know little keep thinking of it as 1 drug. But now we have 1,000-2,000+ strains that may or may not be close in effects. A site called leafly.com tells how each affects a person, good & bad, how they will likely feel, if it is best for sleeping/relaxing, or for being active. They list recommended strains for various medical conditions, & best times to use different strains. Exciting new 21st century medicine.

Other sites like Wiki-leaf, weedmaps.com & more help people find which dispensaries that have what they need. There are also many user reviews for many of the strains. Many say they use cannabis medically because they don't want to be hooked on highly addictive opiates.

I think law enforcement, law makers, & doctors should be required to obtain at least a little info, from sources that don't have a huge money bias. They should consider it embarrassing that they don't know as much as the average 10 year old about this plant that could someday save their own lives.

One of the very focused ways cannabis acts is destroying cancerous or other defective cells and promoting growth of healthy new cells in their place. Also, the body has natural endo-cannabinoid receptors that also receive cannabinoids from the plant(s).

Honestly, I don't believe cannabis is bad for kids as no such medical papers existed until they offered big bribes to lie about it harming youth in ways it can't harm adults. Right after that a so-called researcher found 3 teens they said had strokes from use, even though there has never been a stroke proven in an adult. Cannabis widens blood vessels, which is not known as a cause of strokes. I even know of a couple people with pacemakers who use it with no problems. There are 22,000 studies out there, but 94% were paid to find something negative. Best wishes to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
But it all starts with a psychological addiction; the desire to redose. If you don't use a substance more than once every two weeks, your not going to get addicted to it, and likewise you will avoid many of the harmful effects from continual use.

Same here

And this is why I'm against just some haphazard decriminalization. I think there should be like a 30 minute video you watch describing doses and what effects happen and you have to take a test to understand the basics of the drug before you can purchase.

True.

There was a study done (I heard on NPR) comparing grades and test scores between mj users and non-users in Europe, with some sort of decent control for other variables, and they found that regular use did decrease scores significantly.

Now you know one. It's a common side effect listed on the internet, so there is some substance to it.

And opium/opiate use has been going on for millenia for medical reasons, probably (I don't know for sure) in much, much greater quantities than pot use. What does that say about that class of drugs?

The thing is, a drug like caffeine or even hydrocodone effects people in a relatively similar manner. The effects are pretty consistent. With marijuana, it's all over the board. I would decribe my experience as clearly a deliriant one, very similar to benedryll. But apparently other people are effected totally different. I think that pot doesn't have such a focused target in the body/mind that other drugs do, so that means there is a great deal we still need to figure out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 07:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Some on here must be in law enforcement and legalization will take away their cash cow of legally taking your property.
Nazism did the same thing make laws to take away peoples wealth liberty and life ... our money states for all debts public or private when is the government going to mind their own business and stay out of mine?
Don't Tread On Me!

I say too bad so, so sad! There are plenty of other real crimes to focus on instead of continuing to fight a war on a plant, and ruin the lives of those who use, cultivate, or possess it! There is absolutely nothing moral about prohibition! So, again too bad! Either focus on other more serious issues, and more heinous crimes, or find a new hobby!

Old 06-29-2015, 07:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Why would someone say they are addicted to marijuana and not mean it?
Ignorance.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:09 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
This is a pretty enlightening video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHnQ-YAqAsA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies