Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:27 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Political Correctness anti-freedom of speech. It is fascism with manners. It is an attempt to control people's thoughts and words. Unless you can voice an opinion without fear of reprisal, you do not have Freedom of Expression.

The Confederate battle flag is just the newest victim, the new flavor if the month. It was created to let the Southern armies know where their ranks were in battle. Black powder was used then and was very smoky. In the original stages of the war, many Southern troops wore blue uniforms and the Confederate Flag had a Blue Square with stars in the upper left corner and had a two red horizontal stripes with a white one on the middle. In all the smoke of battle, it was confused with the Stars and Stripes. The Stars and Bars was made to make it different.

Lost in all the PC madness, is the fact that it is an American flag, and part of America's History. I have ancestors who fought for the South in that war. Nine of my uncles served in WWII. Eleven cousins, my brother and I, served in the Vietnam 'conflict'. I will fly both flags proudly.

I am 63 and believe PC is the greatest enemy of the U.S. of A.
Political correctness doesn't exist.

Here is the proof, recently two people were fired for having pro dylan roof thoughts and expressing those thoughts in public.

Those two individuals are the text book cases of political correctness, but not one of these phony anti- PC fighters came to the defense of those two text book victims of PC.

Why aren't anti-PC fighters creating thread after thread defending these two people?

It's because their whole PC game illogical nonsense. They know damn well that in every human society that expressing certain ideas out loud will get a person punished by that society.

This is why these phony anti-PCfighters arent out there fighting for two people who expressed racist opinions in support of the actions of a racist murderer.

This recent story and the lack of outrage by anti-fighters destroys the whole idea of political correctness as an idea.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:08 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Political Correctness anti-freedom of speech. It is fascism with manners. It is an attempt to control people's thoughts and words. Unless you can voice an opinion without fear of reprisal, you do not have Freedom of Expression.

The Confederate battle flag is just the newest victim, the new flavor if the month. It was created to let the Southern armies know where their ranks were in battle. Black powder was used then and was very smoky. In the original stages of the war, many Southern troops wore blue uniforms and the Confederate Flag had a Blue Square with stars in the upper left corner and had a two red horizontal stripes with a white one on the middle. In all the smoke of battle, it was confused with the Stars and Stripes. The Stars and Bars was made to make it different.

Lost in all the PC madness, is the fact that it is an American flag, and part of America's History. I have ancestors who fought for the South in that war. Nine of my uncles served in WWII. Eleven cousins, my brother and I, served in the Vietnam 'conflict'. I will fly both flags proudly.

I am 63 and believe PC is the greatest enemy of the U.S. of A.
It's anti-American to say "Black" or "African American" instead of "darkie" or "coon"?

Old 06-27-2015, 01:10 AM

Define political correctness

I ask that a lot and never get an answer except blather about how it's stuff that the left says that the right doesn't like.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It didn't bother the masses until about a week ago.
Sure some flags with come down. And then the masses will move on to the next emotional crisis and all will be forgotten.

Shallow actions by self righteous narcissists.
The only ones it didn't bother until about a week ago was the conservatives. Speaking of which, have you noticed that it's suddenly ok, and not "politically correct" to be against South Carolina flying the confederate flag? Also since about a week ago being against it doesn't mean your "sticking your nose where it doesn't belong"

Old 06-27-2015, 01:22 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
There is PC and then there is loony tunes PC. I must be incredibly intelligent because I can tell the difference. For example, I think it's good and right and PC to not have those flags flying....it's a remnant of something that's gone, they lost so get over it, and it was a not so sneaky way of saying racism is ok if it's our heritage. Or something.

I think it's loony tunes PC that Apple took some Civil War apps off it's platform for having the flag in it.

And I think it's fine to shame, fire and distance yourself from anyone who cheers about cold blooded murder. That's not even PC, it's common sense.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with you, wonder where it will stop and why the over the top Libs seem to keep pushing for more and more. it is ok to burn the American flag, but God forbid if anyone says something that might offend another. Well burning the flag offends me big time. If people respect our Freedom of speech, why are we limited to what we can say on some subjects but not others?
Nobody said it was ok to burn the American flag

Old 06-27-2015, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Wow.... I can't buy a confederate flag, but I can go on Amazon and buy a Japanese Battle Flag. Does Pearl Harbor ring a bell?
You can buy a confederate flag

Old 06-27-2015, 01:31 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Nobody said it was ok to burn the American flag
It's ok to burn the American flag. Pretty sure SCOUTS agrees. It's the proper way of disposing of an unserviceable flag too!

Old 06-27-2015, 05:20 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Define political correctness

I ask that a lot and never get an answer except blather about how it's stuff that the left says that the right doesn't like.

In the olden days it was known as the language of diplomats, a way of calling someone an axxhole but in a more gentle way in an attempt to obscure the speaker's true feelings. It resulted in many wars. It also resulted in today's PC speak, for instance in teaching our young that there are no losers, everyone's a winner. Even the kids see through that stupidity and it diminishes their respect for their parents. History repeating itself.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:41 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
the Confederate flag like slavery is history and it should stay there, in history, not in government buildings because it is offensive to many now days. Get with the program, it's 2015 not 1863
"because it is offensive to many now days"

This true just as it is NOT offensive to many now says.

So, who do you appease?

Many people are offended by many things.

Should every time someone is offended, the offending item, word, action, etc. should be banned?

“Taking personal offense is not an injury that warrants invoking the power of the courts to shut down everything you disagree with,” (Judge) Baxter also said. “The Constitution is not a personal tool for censoring everyone’s beliefs but your own.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies