Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 12:19 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It will be before the legislature again soon.
You hope your representatives will propose and pass a national carry bill? In what universe will that happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 12:29 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
You hope your representatives will propose and pass a national carry bill? In what universe will that happen?
Hide and watch..

Old 06-28-2015, 07:53 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Exactly, they have the gun loaded and finger on the trigger by the time you realize you need your gun if you don't have it already. That and are you an accurate shot. You have to go one for one with a kill shot to take them down.

As Loki said in The Avengers, freedom is life's greatest lie.
The hypocrisy I also find hilarious. You've got plenty of gun nuts who support both of the following:

1) Walking around with as big and as threatening a gun as possible in public, such as the clowns in red states showing up in crowded, public places with assault rifles.

2) The "right" to shoot to kill anything remotely "threatening" without any real justification.

They fact that they can't see the problem with a nation full of trigger-happy, heavily armed nuts who just WANT to kill somebody to fulfill their macho / righteous patriot murder fantasies is both sad and hilarious at the same time. Ugh...

Old 06-28-2015, 08:06 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
There is many Democrats that will be put in a very difficult position if they don't support it. This poll from 2012 says 72 percent of Democrats support concealed carry.

http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=11545

Old 06-28-2015, 08:33 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And what if they steal your gun and use it on you before you can fight it out of their hands. I chose, why give them an out.
He answered your question, Don't move the goalposts.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This poll from 2012 says 72 percent of Democrats support concealed carry.
I believe that. CC was widely opposed across the board 20 years ago. It changed because none of the "wild west shootout" (that the antis still use) ever happened.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:38 AM

8,065 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Agreed, ALL states should honor each others ccw licenses, just like drivers licenses are.
There should be no "license" in order to exercise your RIGHT to keep and bear arms. Is there a "license" for free speech? A "licence" to not self incriminate? A "license" to prevent illegal search and seizure? Why should a "license" be required to keep and bear arms?

Unless you are convicted of a crime you should not have to "license" your right.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
1) Walking around with as big and as threatening a gun as possible in public, such as the clowns in red states showing up in crowded, public places with assault rifles.
I saw a group in downtown Austin, TX when I was attending SXSW. I spoke to them and they weren't nuts or loose cannons at all.

Your notion that they have a murder fantasy and want to kill without justification isn't flat out false and fabricated.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:51 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I saw a group in downtown Austin, TX when I was attending SXSW. I spoke to them and they weren't nuts or loose cannons at all.

Your notion that they have a murder fantasy and want to kill without justification isn't flat out false and fabricated.
Plenty of normal people with guns (myself included) but the oft repeated refrain that if only ...Sandy Hook Teachers/Administrators or Charleston Church goers had been armed that tragedy could have been averted is just ridiculous.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Plenty of normal people with guns (myself included) but the oft repeated refrain that if only ...Sandy Hook Teachers/Administrators or Charleston Church goers had been armed that tragedy could have been averted is just ridiculous.
I don't think it would have been averted either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies