Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:14 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
My kids think homosexual relationships and marriages are creepy. Of course, I have normal, well-adjusted children that don't buy into the militant left and homosexual blathering. They understand that sexual relationships between the same sex are abnormal. And no matter how the law was re-written to allow homosexuals to marry, most people, even if they accept that it's now legal, know that it's a perversion. They always have, they always will.
Homosexual marriages are creepy? You know what's REALLY creepy? Worshipping a dead naked dude on two pieces of wood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
The women argument is weak. Women make up more or less 50% of the population. Gays are only 2%. Everywhere you look there are women. In many places you have to look hard to find a gay.
I'm sure you've seen plenty of gay men without noticing. Not all gay men walk around like human poodles. Tons of gay men blend right into the "straight crowd" without even being in the closet. There's soooo many gay men living in rural Texas, that you as a straight man, would not even KNOW lol

Old 06-26-2015, 11:17 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Generations to come will not give it a second thought.

By the end of next month, there will not be any active threads on it, with posts added regularly.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:19 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
My kids think homosexual relationships and marriages are creepy. Of course, I have normal, well-adjusted children that don't buy into the militant left and homosexual blathering. They understand that sexual relationships between the same sex are abnormal. And no matter how the law was re-written to allow homosexuals to marry, most people, even if they accept that it's now legal, know that it's a perversion. They always have, they always will.
And where do you think they learned that I'm sure you taught them it was a perversion. This is why prejudice will never end....it's handed down generation to generation.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:22 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My 6 year old daughter already thinks its weird.
Gee, I wonder who taught her that?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Your kids were indoctrinated by your hatred of homosexuals, nice. Big surprise there. :roll eyes:

There is nothing perverted about gay people. They are humans with a sexual orientation just like anyone else.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Same reason young people now think its weird black people had to use different restrooms and drinking fountains than white people. Conservatives are slow witted troglodytes unable to comprehend that their own stupidity and lack of logic are not normal. Basically, stupid people never know that they're stupid. The smartest people are aware that they do not know everything that can be known, unlike conservatives who believe the Bible, Rush and FOX News are the complete repository of the world's knowledge.
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. Terry Pratchett

Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
The concept of "gay marriage" didn't even exist until the early 2000s. Since the beggining of recorded human history, marriage has ALWAYS been between a man and a woman. If two guys want to call themselves "married," fine. I, as well as most other people, will just see it as a joke.
You don't know your history very well do you?

Same-sex union was known in Ancient Greece and Rome, ancient Mesopotamia, in some regions of China, such as Fujian province, and at certain times in ancient European history. These same-sex unions continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire. Same-sex marriage was outlawed on December 16, 342 AD by the Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...ame-sex_unions

Old 06-27-2015, 02:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Gee, I wonder who taught her that?
She is in parochial school and I support her going there. She knows perversion when she hears it.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm a boomer. Our generation's children and grandchildren already think it's weird, and have for sometime.
EXACTLY!

Quote:
What is a "perversion" is raising your kids to see any act that 1. Doesn't involve them 2. Is not hurting anyone and 3. Done by consenting adults, to be seen as "abnormal."

No one elected you to define "normalcy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies