Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 12:01 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
For starters, it's not a 'research study' as the OP claims. It also shows how the anti-gay religious crusaders are prepared to lie through their little pearly whites to vilify gay and lesbian people.
Facts aren't lies.

Syphilis on the Rise Among Gay, Bisexual Men: CDC

HIV Diagnoses Rise in Gay Men and Fall in All Other Groups

Behind the Increase in HIV Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men

Gay 'Hook-Up' Apps Tied to Higher STD Infection Rates: Study

The Myth of Homosexual Monogamy

An Open Secret: The Truth About Gay Male Couples by John Nicolosi, PhD

Old 06-27-2015, 12:03 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Trying to make abnormal normal. Hint, it won't work and you're not changing any minds.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:20 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Easy out for you....Stop having sex with gay men.
This is so gleefully wonderful to me. An atheist who believes in the theory of evolution advocating homosexual marriage? Ha! Magnificent hypocrisy and dimness if I've ever seen it. How could one that believes the sole purpose of humanity is to procreate could seemingly hatch on to a social experiment that devastates and threatens the biodiversity and life of the human race? How could one who believes that the human race evolved from a common primate ancestor to form a society with laws, rules, and morale now seemingly do an about face for an abnormality that has proven to have disastrous health effects on the human body and goes completely against the conception of life itself - which then goes completely against the entire concept of evolution - which furthermore goes completely against science itself! Oh yes, you the connoisseur and pundit of all things science has seemingly abandoned and ignored the very basic functions of biology and evolution to latch on to a political hack whose purpose serves only to destroy society at large and religious jurisdiction which is the ONLY reason you do. I see right through you and and you have never fooled me. Enjoy the very SHORT celebratory success while you still can sir. Because when God shows up and shows out - And he will - YOUR time and sin's time is OVER.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:25 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Your statistics mean nothing with respect to the argument of gay marriage.

Even if 90% of gay couples conformed to the behavior you claim and 10% didn't, it still wouldn't invalidate their right to equivalent legal relationship rights as heterosexuals.

Do you require heterosexuals to pass certain statistical rates of STDs and refrain from promiscuity before you recognize their right to marry? Didn't think so. So that would be hypocritical.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:26 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Maybe if people don't have to hide and can have open relationships instead of this 'down low' thing, those STD rates will drop, too.
You promote monogamy, you might get more of it.

Of course, heteros have destroyed the institution of marriage long before any of this gay stuff came about.

This is and should have always been a non-issue. And I am glad it's off the table for the upcoming election.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:32 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Nobody cares when heterosexuals are promiscuous, cheat on their spouses, get infected with STDs, get pregnant out of wedlock, or get divorced. Nobody every uses that as a justification to deny them the right to marry. But with gay people, that's ALWAYS the argument.

Why the hypocrisy? Why the double standard?

Old 06-27-2015, 12:35 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Who cares how many partners a person has? I've had three in my entire life, and just got married a few weeks back to the person I've been with for 8 years. I'm sitting at home on a Friday night posting on CD, so that says just about says it all.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
I went through several years when I was single where no relationship I had lasted longer than 3 months. This research is completely bogus.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:22 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is so gleefully wonderful to me. An atheist who believes in the theory of evolution advocating homosexual marriage? Ha! Magnificent hypocrisy and dimness if I've ever seen it. How could one that believes the sole purpose of humanity is to procreate could seemingly hatch on to a social experiment that devastates and threatens the biodiversity and life of the human race? How could one who believes that the human race evolved from a common primate ancestor to form a society with laws, rules, and morale now seemingly do an about face for an abnormality that has proven to have disastrous health effects on the human body and goes completely against the conception of life itself - which then goes completely against the entire concept of evolution - which furthermore goes completely against science itself! Oh yes, you the connoisseur and pundit of all things science has seemingly abandoned and ignored the very basic functions of biology and evolution to latch on to a political hack whose purpose serves only to destroy society at large and religious jurisdiction which is the ONLY reason you do. I see right through you and and you have never fooled me. Enjoy the very SHORT celebratory success while you still can sir. Because when God shows up and shows out - And he will - YOUR time and sin's time is OVER.
Wow....So many empty threats and misinformation in one post!...I laugh at you sir.

FYI...Religious fundamentalist Christians have a far greater STD rate than do homosexuals...Can you explain that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies