Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,699,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Again, I never said he didn't deserve a consequence. You seem stuck on that point. I've made it clear he deserved punishment. With that said and hopefully understood, I would have a significant reaction to another adult holding my child, physically punishing him and putting it on the internet.
once again, boo frikken hoo. if you kid commits a crime he deserves everything he got, and when he got home you should give him more of the same thing, because apparently he didnt learn it the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 04:04 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,434,347 times
Decades of scientific studies have shown that corporal punishment is not effective and ironically raises kids themselves to be abusive.

But never mind reality or science...the geniuses of CD.com are simply fulfilling their daily blood lust at having someone somewhere beat, shoot, or blown up as opposed to addressing the core issues of the individual person and the society at large

Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,446,206 times
These types of assaults used to be commonplace. The sad fact is they really don't teach anyone anything, it only makes him a more hardened thief.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:23 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,825,843 times
looks like a way to get arrested for battery. and he gave them the proof.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:24 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,762,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
These types of assaults used to be commonplace. The sad fact is they really don't teach anyone anything, it only makes him a more hardened thief.
Does that mean that there is some inherent characteristic that causes him to steal?

Old 07-02-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
looks like a way to get arrested for battery. and he gave them the proof.
Naw, the kid had a choice and he chose the whipping.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:31 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,338,327 times
Agreed with lkm370 and odanny. A lot of people, including myself in the past, have very negative emotional reactions when people are against hitting children. I only say this because I've been there before, but it's like Stockholm syndrome. If you were hit or screamed at as a child, you often will say "I deserved it" or "it was good for me" because the alternative would mean that your parents (or you as a parent) were wrong. That's not something that's easy to deal with, so it's easy to ignore facts and data to maintain the image of them that you like.

Also, it's very similar to when a person says something like "we should lower government welfare" and people respond with "so you're against helping people??" Just because you don't beat a kid doesn't mean there aren't better, non-violent ways of raising them well.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:51 PM

I wonder if the people who are opposed to this man's "it takes a village" approach are going to vote for Hillary, or maybe they are two young to remember the early-mid 1990s.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:14 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,552,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again, boo frikken hoo. if you kid commits a crime he deserves everything he got, and when he got home you should give him more of the same thing, because apparently he didn't learn it the first time.
He deserves everything he gets from the law and me. Stranger vigilante justice is not this guy's place, is illegal and would land him in a lot of trouble if it was my family. The kid wasn't a threat, it wasn't in the heat of the moment, and after I took care of my child, my focus would be on him. Adult strangers don't get to determine when someone else's child is beaten. Again, me and the law can attend to my child, hold my child and beat him and you will pay a price You may disagree and that's fine, but the legal system would be on my side and I would ensure that the new offender paid a price. Boo Hoo.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:37 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,129,892 times
Aren't these new generation babies just unbelievable? They're probably the kind of people that would get robbed by this kid and then apologize to him for not making their money more easily accessible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies