Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:36 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
gay people are drama queens and attention whores. They need constant validation that they are ok and if you dont give it to them ....the name calling starts and every liberal comes out of the wood work calling you a bigot!
This sums it up. Now the door is open for Homosexuals to target anyone who does not accept them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 07:37 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
I fail to see how same sex marriage is a 'left' win. The right have no sensible reason to oppose to the decision. And many don't. Moderate conservatives and Libertarian leaning conservatives have nothing against legal civil marriage for gay couples. They support religious freedom, which is also what the far right totes as their secret weapon, so the moderates are happy. But the far right doesn't actually support religious freedom. They support THEIR religious freedom.

SCOTUS said that same sex marriage is not legal in the courts. No church is required to take part in this, and therefore no religious liberty has been violated. This should make everyone happy, but as expected, the reactionaries show their true colors. They speak of 'being forced to accept something' yet seem to only be satisfied when everything they want is legal and everything else is not. They fail to see the contradiction, ether because doing so invalidates them or they actually are as stupid as they sound, and I really hopes it's the former.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:37 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
One of the best comments I heard last week was a guy who said that he was looking forward to life after the gay marriage decision because he hoped that he would get to stop hearing about it. Finally.

Unfortunately I doubt that it will work that way. Liberals will need the controversy to play on interminably, and they'll find ways to make that happen.

Uhhhh, alphamale is a liberal now?

If you conservatives don't want to hear about it, STOP POSTING THREADS ABOUT IT.

Why do I need to point this out to you?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:45 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Two major victories for the left last week should calm the waters now.

Can we at last coexist? If you're gay, please don't expect someone with Christian beliefs to officiate your wedding. Don't go after the Catholic Church trying to force them to marry you under the banner of bigotry. Please, no more threads on how unaffordable healthcare is......you all supported the obamacare lie, live with it.
I had no idea that every person who supported gay Marriage was a leftist or that the millions on ObamaCare were only leftists too. Care to explain how any of these people are all leftists in your book?
Sorry but Gay Marriage is only a part of the equation. The civil rights for Gays will still continue when you still have laws on the books that prohibits adoption & in many states you can still be fired for being Gay. The struggle continues.

Last edited by Bobdreamz; 06-29-2015 at 07:55 AM..

Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Two major victories for the left last week should calm the waters now.

Can we at last coexist? If you're gay, please don't expect someone with Christian beliefs to officiate your wedding. Don't go after the Catholic Church trying to force them to marry you under the banner of bigotry. Please, no more threads on how unaffordable healthcare is......you all supported the obamacare lie, live with it.
Look in the mirror, buddy.

What you see there is *exactly* what you're complaining about.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Glad to hear this. I'm going to find a Gay Black Baker and order a Confederate Flag Celebration Cake.

They better take the order or I'll sue.
I'm thinking Islamic Bakery... order an ISIS cartoon cake with bacon flavored frosting......

Old 06-29-2015, 07:56 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
One of the best comments I heard last week was a guy who said that he was looking forward to life after the gay marriage decision because he hoped that he would get to stop hearing about it. Finally.

Unfortunately I doubt that it will work that way. Liberals will need the controversy to play on interminably, and they'll find ways to make that happen.
Hey, look who's still talking about it. You. You can only blame yourself.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Oh yeah it's over, the right wing lives on.

Texas just Made a MAJOR Announcement About Gay Marriage
I support gay marriage bit this is something I've been hoping for, for a long time. I hope more and more states and individuals start saying "no" about many things.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:03 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
Every thread about gay marriage being created is being created by a conservative. There is a sticky thread for football spiking for those celebrating the ruling.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The better question is, will the right wingers let this go and let others be happy?
Maybe after the others stop flying their flag from the top of the Space Needle, painting rainbow crosswalks and monthly "pride" parades blocking the streets. Some might consider that getting in peoples face, but not others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies