Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 12:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,278,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yes murders citywide in Chicago have gone down, but the murders have become even more concentrated in certain neighborhoods which are predominately African American.

Maps of Crime in Chicago: Crime in Different Neighborhoods | The New Republic
I don't know that to be true. But what does race have to do with murder?

How do we get black neighborhoods? How'd they come about? how are they maintained?

Why do we label neighborhoods based on the race of the residents?

Again, the way we choose to label and categorize reveals what we think is important and explanatory.

We think race explains behavior, we think there is something wrong with the black race and that's what we see. We can't think we'll wait a minute maybe just maybe I'm looking at this incorrectly.

But we believe in the racist narrative. So it's how we think about things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 01:25 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I don't know that to be true. But what does race have to do with murder?

How do we get black neighborhoods? How'd they come about? how are they maintained?

Why do we label neighborhoods based on the race of the residents?

Again, the way we choose to label and categorize reveals what we think is important and explanatory.

We think race explains behavior, we think there is something wrong with the black race and that's what we see. We can't think we'll wait a minute maybe just maybe I'm looking at this incorrectly.

But we believe in the racist narrative. So it's how we think about things.
It is true.

No one said it's caused by the genetics of the people living there.

People categorize things all the time. We categorize stars based on their color. Trees. Rhinos. It's a way of making distinctions. Making distinctions based on the color of things is an instinctive human trait.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:27 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,400,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I believe he's telling you that your stats group Hispanics and whites together as "white". And despite this - blacks still proportionately commit more crimes.

13% of population committing 2.3M crimes vs 77% committing 5.8M crimes.
Proportionalally, black people get arrested more, no one disagrees with that, but that wasnt the original argument. In short, he moved the goalpost after the fact.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:37 PM

104 posts, read 110,626 times
Default Stereotypical Ranting don't Make it True

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Girl, 13, Arrested For Vicious Videotaped Attack On Classmate, Small Boy | The Smoking Gun

When liberals ask why blacks make up the majority of prison inmates (despite making up 12% of the population), one needs to be reminded that blacks commit most of the crimes.

Urban black culture fosters violence, rejection of education and a strong work ethic. Mix that with single parent families and you have a breeding ground for criminals.

I do understand how a person can believe that Blacks are committing most of the crimes because that's how media portrays it but why don't you take a look at this FBI chart of arrests in USA https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ables/table-43. This chart clearly states that whites represent 68.9 % of all arrests and blacks constitutes 28.3%. Did you know that 70% of all violent crimes against children-which includes child molestation-are committed by white males. "While nearly 70% of those serving time for violent crimes against children were white...." Statistics Confirm the High Rate of Incest in Child Sexual Abuse | American Mothers of Lost Children . You never hear that in the media do you......why do you think that is? So should I develop a fear of white males and not let them around my children or should I understand and know that all white males are not molesting children....will you think about that for a moment?

Blacks commit a huge number of street crimes and whites commit a huge number of white collar crime and both races commit some of both which as far as I am concerned, too much crime period. No matter which figures you look at, folks are being hurt and that really should be the focus. But, I guess it's easier to blame and stereotype black folks than it is to know and understand the facts. Once again I ask, why do you think that is?

Drug Sentencing Disparities ( Criminal Justice Fact Sheet | NAACP.)

About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)
Contributing Factors

Inner city crime prompted by social and economic isolation
Crime/drug arrest rates: African Americans represent 12% of monthly drug users, but comprise 32% of persons arrested for drug possession
"Get tough on crime" and "war on drugs" policies
Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession
In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack cocaine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack cocaine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic
"Three Strikes"/habitual offender policies
Zero Tolerance policies as a result of perceived problems of school violence; adverse affect on black children.
35% of black children grades 7-12 have been suspended or expelled at some point in their school careers compared to 20% of Hispanics and 15% of whites
If you can't provide statistics to refute mine then don't bother replying. Thank you very much.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:59 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Obviously the person posting the video has a racial agenda....but there is a racial agenda from many black people as well. And the video isn't faked.

I think Dylan Roof was a moronic racist influenced by racist ideas perpetuated on the internet. Of course that was about race, or racism.

The girl in this video is a brute who may be influenced in her brutality by the person she is beating on being white. Why is it assumed that she was not? How do you know that wasn't in her mind, that she was going to enjoy beating up a white girl because she heard about South Carolina or Ferguson?
I don't know why she did what she did. And why do you assume she did it because the girl was White?

With Dylann Roof, he stated out loud why he did what he did. He left nothing to the imagination and admitted it. With this girl, I don't know why she did what she did. I didn't watch the video so I really don't know.

With Dylann Roof, people were bringing up mental illness and guns. People were bringing up his bigoted mentality. Few would say "this is what Whites do". On the occasion a Black person does something horrible, everything about being Black is brought up alot. I look to the threads on city-data starting with "Blacks" this, and "blacks" that.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:00 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genPickett View Post
Police Hunting for Black Girl Who Brutally Assaulted White Girl and Baby | Top Right News

Blacks assault 14yo girl and 2yo baby, only animals do such things. I have no use for blacks. They are animals.
So you basically think I'm an animal. You think my entire family consists of animals.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,278,969 times
Quote:
It is true.

No one said it's caused by the genetics of the people living there.

People categorize things all the time. We categorize stars based on their color. Trees. Rhinos. It's a way of making distinctions. Making distinctions based on the color of things is an instinctive human trait.
Whats true?

we think it's genetics they are black, live in black neighborhoods, with crime and murder. We believe that skin color race explains something. Which is why we think about it in that way.

Yes, that's my point, there are a million distinctions. Why do we choose race?

Because we think skin color is important and explanatory.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Whats true?

we think it's genetics they are black, live in black neighborhoods, with crime and murder. We believe that skin color race explains something. Which is why we think about it in that way.

Yes, that's my point, there are a million distinctions. Why do we choose race?

Because we think skin color is important and explanatory.
What's true is what I stated about murders in Chicago being increasingly isolated to certain neighborhoods.

If you know that the a disproportionate amount of crime comes from young black men in bad neighborhoods and you avoid them in those areas because of it, even knowing that the crime comes from socio-economic factors and upbringing, and not genetic make up ..yes, you are using skin color in an important and explanatory way, that is unfair to the kids who live there and aren't criminals. But can I blame anyone for that? I would go into those situations as a single person often, but now that I have a family, I think twice about it.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know why she did what she did. And why do you assume she did it because the girl was White?

With Dylann Roof, he stated out loud why he did what he did. He left nothing to the imagination and admitted it. With this girl, I don't know why she did what she did. I didn't watch the video so I really don't know.

With Dylann Roof, people were bringing up mental illness and guns. People were bringing up his bigoted mentality. Few would say "this is what Whites do". On the occasion a Black person does something horrible, everything about being Black is brought up alot. I look to the threads on city-data starting with "Blacks" this, and "blacks" that.
This is what a white racist, dopey, bottom feeding loser would do, yes. Roof made it implicit it was about race. There are numerous other cases where it has not been implicit, but assumed by black people and white leftists, that the motivation was race..be it Trayvon Martin or Ferguson, where there is no specific evidence that indicates anything of the sort..anymore than this brutish low life girl in this video...but it was assumed in those cases, but can't be assumed here.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genPickett View Post
Why is it that black area are the worst of the worst. Pruit Igo is a great proof that if you give blacks new wonderful housing and throw money at them they will still **** in the same place they live. Dogs and Cats will not usually **** in their beds unless very ill. Why is it no white people are trying to move to black areas because they are such great places to live with rising property values? Because unless your into robbery and rape no one in their right mind would live there.
Because when you put a bunch of poor people in a new area you get the same results as when you put them in a different area 50 years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies