Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
the girl from A&F had no cases but political correct says muslims are special. Private sector workers don't have full 1st amendment rights protection. But the owner of a bakery, florist or caterer should be able to decide what he wants to do with regarding to what clients he serves.
That boat sailed a long time ago, see the civil rights act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 07:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
the girl from A&F had no cases but political correct says muslims are special. Private sector workers don't have full 1st amendment rights protection. But the owner of a bakery, florist or caterer should be able to decide what he wants to do with regarding to what clients he serves.
Yeah! I mean my god, those black people shouldn't be allowed to sit at the same table as other people in my restaurant, and Good news folks! They've privatized our city bus service, so now we can go back to making those black folks sit in the back!

See the problem?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
What part of during the same time of the constitution ratification and for decades after not all men, white or black, were free men, women couldn't vote, and the only religion in the US were primarily sects of Christianity? The constitution was talking about free males and the 14th made on males free, not talking about everything you imagine under the sun. That's what the legislator is for.
Then mayne they should have written All black males and listed the laws they were referring to. But they didn't. We have the word they actually wrote down and ratified.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Although I don't personally consider Islam a bona fide religion I still defend their religious beliefs to the same extent I defend Christians. When they want to chop off heads or be martyrs I oblivious don't. And no stuff like a Christmas tree and Christmas parties doesn't entitled them to what ever representation they want too.

Unlike liberals, I along with the real constitution recognize US heritage, customs and traditions and it's historical DEMOGRAHICS, unlike progressive leftist that put certain group identities up as sacred cows or to compete against each other.
You "appear" to have missed this post.
Let us see: Ban on Sharia Law

Agree? Or, disagree?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:10 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Agree? Or, disagree?
I tend to agree with it. A few years ago, I'd have said it was silly, but observing the situation the Brits have gotten themselves into, I now think it's very dangerous for the government to carve a self-governing niche for any religious or ethnic groups. That's the reason Britain has Muslim conclaves that resist ever being "Britainized." (The American Indian nations were already their own entities and are identified as such by the Constitution).

Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I tend to agree with it. A few years ago, I'd have said it was silly, but observing the situation the Brits have gotten themselves into, I now think it's very dangerous for the government to carve a self-governing niche for any religious or ethnic groups. That's the reason Britain has Muslim conclaves that resist ever being "Britainized." (The American Indian nations were already their own entities and are identified as such by the Constitution).
Can you explain what is Sharia law? Enumerate them?

And if you ban one, you ban all. Or, none. It is as simple as that. You will always find someone who wants to ban the whims of a religion or another.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Do you feel the same about Jewish courts in the US?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Basically under legal system it provides some protection has person is relying on AG for advise. Same as its a defense to prosecution if a police office signals you to make a illegal turn. In this case the attorney general is turned to as authority in many cases by cities counties and others as authority in state to give attorney general opinion. Many times people on all sides go do so involving law or ruling to bring a issue involving it to court. If the clerk is fired then the clerk has same civil rights to challenge as any. Attorney's are always looking for the right case to bring a challenge on such rulings. Thus is will g to court many times in the future on both sides of issue.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Agree? Or, disagree?
I answered it 6 ways from Sunday. Maybe you missed my reply? The church and state has always been separated. Sharia law is not a religion it is a political system. It's liberal judges overturning the ban. I said I don't consider islam a religion its a cult and political system. Immigration from Islamic culture zones shouldn't even be allowed in the US. It's mostly you liberals that created the problem bring in all these incompatible "refugees", and you supposedly don't like religious people to begin with lol.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I answered it 6 ways from Sunday. The church and state has always been separated.
Not when state government is rewriting the rules to promote a religious beliefs, and engage in creating religious laws to govern.

Quote:
Sharia law is not a religion it is a political system.
Not any more or less than the ten commandments when used as a form of government speech.

Quote:
I said I don't consider islam a religion its a cult and political system.
Who cares? There are plenty to be found who think of your religion is a cult and a political system... and in fact, by pushing for laws to be based on your religion, you're proving their point.

You still haven't answered my question: Given freedom of religion, that you surely believe in, if you want to have your religion represented in public property, you surely support the same extended to every other religion, and atheists. Or, you'd rather be a hypocrite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies