Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times

Advertisements

Would you believe him?

It still amazes me that repubs say Dems will believe anything. Cheney flunked out of college TWICE, was asked to find a VP and picked himself, worked the Halliburton angle AND shot someone in the face and somehow Dems are gullible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 05:16 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Im sorry o.p. are you under the impression that only the best and brightest rise to the top in politics?
They are all creeps, both D and R.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:51 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
If obama shot someone in the face he would blame it on human caused global warming, the media would back him up and his minions would claim anyone who didn't believe him was racist.

The OP sounds elitist and full of lingering hate. Somehow that person you describe was a corporate sucess, served 6 terms in the house and became VPOTUS. Not bad for a guy who 'flunked out of college twice" ????

'Shot in the face' is quite theatrical. Like my insurance company saying, 'you hit our client in the rear' when in fact the car backed out of a driveway to block both lanes and I hit him in the right rear quarter. Quite a difference.

Cheney bio

"Upon graduating from high school, Cheney was accepted to Yale University and offered a full-ride scholarship. He enrolled, but eventually dropped out due to poor grades. While attending classes, he worked as a power lineman in a working-class town. Although Yale had not suited Cheney, he decided to pursue college once more. He enrolled at the University of Wyoming, where he received a B.A. in political science in 1965 and an M.A. in political science in 1966."

Cheney must have claimed he was native American for Yale to offer him a free ride, either that or he was a very smart man and Yale wanted the best and brightest.

Obama intentionally kicked the country in the face when he lied about obamacare, benghazi, ISIS being the JV team, shovel ready jobs, the IRS and all the other, 'I heard about it on the news' moments.

Pelosi kicked the country in the collective face when she said, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"....and the media looked the other way.

Harry Reid kick his collegues and the nation in its face when he lied about Mitt to win an election and there was no legal recourse and no moral outrage from his own Democratic party.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Cheney's drunken "shooting accident" didn't diminish his exalted status among the hard right chickenhawks.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:05 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Cheney's drunken "shooting accident" didn't diminish his exalted status among the hard right chickenhawks.
Oh, what was that esteemed senators name that ran off the bridge in Chappaquidic and left a poor girl to drown?
How was he ostracized? did ever continue his career in Democratic politics?

Maybe I'm confusing him with the esteemed senator who was a high KKK official and recruited for the clan. Did he ever make it in Democratic politics?

Then there was the guy who was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, what was his name? Bet he went and hid, never to show his face again. Anyone hear what Bill Clinton is doing these days? He couldn't be the revered democratic pol so beloved by his party..... could he?

Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Oh good. Another thread about our hoars are better than your hoars.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:12 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Really?

Old 06-30-2015, 06:37 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Would you believe him?

I think it's more likely that he would put a super soaker in the waistband of his sweat pants and accidently wet himself. We know he wouldn't chew a pop tart into the shape of a gun. Michelle probably won't let him eat pop tarts.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:59 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Oh, what was that esteemed senators name that ran off the bridge in Chappaquidic and left a poor girl to drown?
How was he ostracized? did ever continue his career in Democratic politics?

Maybe I'm confusing him with the esteemed senator who was a high KKK official and recruited for the clan. Did he ever make it in Democratic politics?

Then there was the guy who was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, what was his name? Bet he went and hid, never to show his face again. Anyone hear what Bill Clinton is doing these days? He couldn't be the revered democratic pol so beloved by his party..... could he?
You forgot Democrat Wilbur Mills, Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee. He was having an affair with stripper Fanny Foxe and they were driving by the Tidal Basin in DC with their lights off and speeding, after drinking and driving, when the police pulled them over. Mills' face was cut. Foxe ran out of the car and jumped into the Tidal Basin. There was a cover up attempt by Mills. Wait, it gets even better. MILLS GETS RE-ELECTED (Democrats! )! Foxe ups her fee to 5x what she made before and gets arrested for performing totally naked (indecent exposure). Mills goes to Foxe's stripper place dressing room and with her husband holds a Press Conference there. Two months later he resigns his Chairmanship and joins AA and goes into rehab. Now being the geezer I am, I remember this scandal because it was big news in the 1970s -- both incidents.

Who was the Kennedy with the incident with the Capitol police?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:04 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Would you believe him?

Would I believe him?

Do you mean "would I believe him when he said it was an accident"?

Or would I believe him if he said he had a gun?

I could see him shooting a colleague -- like Rahm Emanuel -- in the face, just not with a gun.

Obama has a credibility problem. This is a guy who has been lying FOR YEARS, so it's difficult to take him at his word.

Obama: "My dad is the fiercest warrior in a tribe full of warriors in Kenya."
Truth: "My dad is an alcoholic adulterer serial inseminator."

Obama: "I have no idea who this alcoholic illegal immigrant in Boston is -- never seen 'em before."
Truth: "I used to live with my father's brother, who is an alcoholic illegal immigrant in Boston."

Obama: "I'm against same sex marriage. Wait, no, I'm for same sex marriage. I can't remember which one."
Truth: "I'm so glad it passed -- now, I won't look so bad about being against it before I was for it. Finally, I can come out."

So, in order to "believe" Obama, you have to FORGET all of the lies he's told in the past. And I don't mean just the political lies that have come out of his lie hole, I mean the common, simple, stupid lies he's chosen to tell about his family.

With Obama, it's not so much that "Dems will believe anything", it's more like "the media will attempt to put the best possible spin on the worst president." I understand that NEITHER side can be trusted, but Dems think that their candidates are truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies