Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 14,637,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
LOL... Sorry Chuckity... but if your getting pulled over that much you've got much much bigger problems than being too nice. Driver's Ed 101 perhaps?
I'm not too nice. (Trust me on this one.)

I'm too white.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:38 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limetea View Post
It's not a horror at all. But it's a privilege to live in a country where everything caters to your own race.

It's not something to feel guilt over as a white person, but it is something to recognize and strive to improve upon.
Yes it is a privilege to live in a country permeated with affirmative action, quotas, diversity hysteria, race baiting, PC, victimology, and other forms of defining deviancy down.

As for hair, I have never seen a store that does not have hair products for black folks. Either move out of Idaho or get some cooking lard.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:09 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
White, heterosexual male here:

I've yet to feel targeted. Yeah, I've seen the angry SJW bloggers and the tabloids and crazy media theories about white people, but it doesn't bother me. When it comes to people I actually talk to, never once have I felt my race works against me, nor do I consider race when dealing with others and for the most part, everyone seems to be in the same boat I'm in.

America's racism is largely exaggerated. Racism still happens, no question, but it's more isolated that people want you to believe. I've met a few racists in my days, but sincerely I've never seen 'racism.' And as I said, I acknowledge that it happens, but it's not plaguing our country like some would have us believe. It's certainly a problem in some places, and the places where it is, it's a very serious issue, but it's really not as simple as 'whites hate blacks.' Many of these places involve mutual racism, and if we really want to address the racism of these areas, that's a fact that we'll have to come to terms with seeing as we seem to scared to say that.
You're very lucky to be a white heterosexual male. I'm a white homosexual male, living in a city that is 30% black, and I see racism/discrimination quite frequently. Just a few hours ago at the DMV, I got service before the two black people in line in front of me. So did a couple of other white people. You can wrap it in excuses like what I needed was easier than what they needed, but weird that 4 white people get service before 2 black people. That happens a lot here - white people get service before black people. And this is the midwest, not the deep South.

A few months ago, my Latino husband and I were looking at a place for rent. Put an application in that day, with a young white straight couple. Our income is approaching 200k combined, and we have an immaculate credit and rental history. Rent there was 1400/month, easy for us. We even volunteered to take the house right away if the landlord was looking for that, whereas they said the wanted to wait til the end of the month. Got turned down within 3 days, I presume in favor of the straight couple. When he turned us down, he was just "unable" to rent to us for an unspecified reason.

Racism and discrimination doesn't usually come in the form of being called a n****r or a f*g. Most times it's far more insidious and exists in ways that are not readily apparent to straight white people. If you've never experienced it, you have no idea how it feels. It makes you feel ****ty and angry, but powerless. Being powerless sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genPickett View Post
Because the left has made it so with articles like those given by water head al sharpton and others like the dyke madcow.
It's sad that people like this exist out there. And while they likely wouldn't have the guts to call me a f*g to my face, in the real world and away from their computer screen where they can huff and puff about how tough it is to be white and straight, they can act in other ways.

At least if you're called a n****r or a f*g, you know who the enemy is.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
You're very lucky to be a white heterosexual male. I'm a white homosexual male, living in a city that is 30% black, and I see racism/discrimination quite frequently. Just a few hours ago at the DMV, I got service before the two black people in line in front of me. So did a couple of other white people. You can wrap it in excuses like what I needed was easier than what they needed, but weird that 4 white people get service before 2 black people. That happens a lot here - white people get service before black people. And this is the midwest, not the deep South.

A few months ago, my Latino husband and I were looking at a place for rent. Put an application in that day, with a young white straight couple. Our income is approaching 200k combined, and we have an immaculate credit and rental history. Rent there was 1400/month, easy for us. We even volunteered to take the house right away if the landlord was looking for that, whereas they said the wanted to wait til the end of the month. Got turned down within 3 days, I presume in favor of the straight couple. When he turned us down, he was just "unable" to rent to us for an unspecified reason.

Racism and discrimination doesn't usually come in the form of being called a n****r or a f*g. Most times it's far more insidious and exists in ways that are not readily apparent to straight white people. If you've never experienced it, you have no idea how it feels. It makes you feel ****ty and angry, but powerless. Being powerless sucks.

It's sad that people like this exist out there. And while they likely wouldn't have the guts to call me a f*g to my face, in the real world and away from their computer screen where they can huff and puff about how tough it is to be white and straight, they can act in other ways.

1. I have never been to a DMV/BMV that didn't utilize a "take a number" system from almost the moment you're in the door. Strange.

2. And shame on you. If I'm at the deli and the clerk comes to help me before someone that was there first, I LET THEM KNOW. So if this DMV story is true, then shame on you.

3. You have no idea how many people applied to rent the unit in front of you. You have no idea how better their application was. And for the record, maybe the couple was transgendered. Who knows? You don't. Stop assuming that you are the victim.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:02 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genPickett View Post
Blacks are perpetual victims, are they really victims? No not at all but the left has created the idea that they are and by making them victims they then give them hand outs keeping them victims. Sad little liberals. Blacks have created a toxic culture that is eating them alive. Then its fashionable to blame the white man. Its not my fault and I will not take any blame and feel no shame in the degrading of black culture. Its all on the black peoples heads.
Shouldn't you be hanging out over at the KKK website?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:10 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Okay, thanks for the clarification. Apparently, it happens A LOT more than I thought.

Like I said, I get pulled over ALL the time.

I'm so white I'm translucent. (I blame my Irish ancestors.)

I live in a very nice neighborhood.

So yes, I guess the reason I'm getting pulled over is that I'm too white in a nice neighborhood.
ALL the time? we'll, obviously you can't drive.

no one gets pulled over all the time unless they are horrible drivers.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Shouldn't you be hanging out over at the KKK website?
lol, there must be a direct link to stormfront

Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
ALL the time? we'll, obviously you can't drive.

no one gets pulled over all the time unless they are horrible drivers.

Nope. limetea clued me in ... I am not getting pulled over because of anything I've done.

I'm getting pulled over because I'm too white.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
That's a good question. And just as important. What would be a trophy size rack worthy of my wall ?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:39 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post

First off, you should have informed the DMV that you were behind the 2 blacks so the line que won't be out of balance. If you have a household income that is $100K per person, it doesn't seem like you're suffering too much discrimination...I have 6 rentals and often get more than 1 highly qualified applicant so the fact you weren't selected may have been a better applicant....assuming your credit and income checked out, I wouldn't hesitate renting to you but I get it, there is not complete acceptance of your lifestyle and marriage but then again, from a homosexual Landlord, you would probably get preference over me...asi es la vida.

One thing I want to mention is that white privilege I receive outside of the USA is often much greater than the supposed white privilege in the USA.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 06-30-2015 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: additional sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies