Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:23 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Wow, you really want to know whats wrong with this country? The problem today is everyone wants to live outside their means. You see that in every class today. Its reflected in the price of goods, cost of living and individual debt. Your right petch it is a personal responsiblity thing. Stop using your credit cards and getting in debt, stop financing a big house and 2.5 cars in the driveway and that fancy flat screen t.v. If you can't pay for it in cash you can't afford it. Stop living on debt and you will have plenty money to live and pay taxes etc. Stop thinking your entitled to keep up with the jones or you can live a higher class lifestyle when you can't afford it.
ROFLMAO... I'm completely debt free. Do you have any other moronic ASSumption?

So why is it when I call attention to the middle class needing help or at least not being robbed blind by government you attack me? You don't like me speaking up for the middle class?

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Wow, you really want to know whats wrong with this country? The problem today is everyone wants to live outside their means. You see that in every class today. Its reflected in the price of goods, cost of living and individual debt. Your right petch it is a personal responsiblity thing. Stop using your credit cards and getting in debt, stop financing a big house and 2.5 cars in the driveway and that fancy flat screen t.v. If you can't pay for it in cash you can't afford it. Stop living on debt and you will have plenty money to live and pay taxes etc. Stop thinking your entitled to keep up with the jones or you can live a higher class lifestyle when you can't afford it.
The poor want to live a middle class lifestyle but want, no expect, everyone else to fund it. The middle class wants to live like the rich but can't fund the poor and a better life without taking on more debt. The rich buy assets first that pay for their liabilities. The rich do take on debt but mostly for buying assets that will produce more cash flow. It's mentality for all 3 classes that effect where people are financially now and in the future. Each class thinks very different.

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 10:42 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 10:52 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,748,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So why is it when I call attention to the middle class needing help or at least not being robbed blind you attack me? You don't like me speaking up for the middle class?

ROFLMAO... I'm completely debt free. Do you have any other moronic ASSumption?
Average credit card debt: $15,706; Average mortgage debt: $156,333; Average student loan debt: $32,953. Average American Is $225,238 in Debt.

No i don't have a problem with you speaking up about the middle class. But i would challenge you that the motive for speaking up is to eventually go back to consuming and hoping you can live like the 10%? No if the middle class could afford the middle class then there wouldn't be a average american debt of $225,238 now would there?

I find it odd that the current unemployment rate in american is 5.5% (May 2015). But the whole current burden of the middle class is the poor? Futher i find it funny even if the poor where to pay a high income tax that there 1,200 month paychecks would

Old 07-01-2015, 10:54 PM

Would barely raise any tax revenue and would provide an even more burden on the welfare system.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Average credit card debt: $15,706; Average mortgage debt: $156,333; Average student loan debt: $32,953. Average American Is $225,238 in Debt.

No i don't have a problem with you speaking up about the middle class. But i would challenge you that the motive for speaking up is to eventually go back to consuming and hoping you can live like the 10%? No if the middle class could afford the middle class then there wouldn't be a average american debt of $225,238 now would there?

I find it odd that the current unemployment rate in american is 5.5% (May 2015). But the whole current burden of the middle class is the poor? Futher i find it funny even if the poor where to pay a high income tax that there 1,200 month paychecks would
LOL, another asinine ASSumption.

Maybe if the government didn't keep taxing the chit out of them they would have money to pay cash or save the money they need. It's time the government stops seeing them as a piggy bank to be raided. It's time for the poor to stop seeing them as a a funding source. It would be nice if the poor appreciated the help they already get. I believe in helping but I don't believe in robbery.

Someone making a $1,200.00 monthly paycheck either needs to increase the value of their labor or get off their ass and work more. High income tax? How about some tax, better yet, how about government learn to live within the means that the people can provide and stop demanding more money from the people.

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 11:26 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
But the whole current burden of the middle class is the poor?
So because they are not the entire burden are you insinuating that they are no burden on the tax payers?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
So because they are not the entire burden are you insinuating that they are no burden on the tax payers?
Everybody is a burden to the taxpayer. I pay for public schools but have no kids, i pay for fire & police services etc i never use, i pay for public transplantation i never use, hell i pay for officials in government i never votted for. Rich, middle class, poor it doesn't matter we all pay for everybody.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 PM

Petch751 the tax burden is less today then during and after WWII. The reason why it feels so high is because the value of the dollar is far less then was in WWII etc. Do you deny the debt stats i postted? You seem to believe that your group is the only group that pays taxes. Well if your 100% debt free then the 28% income tax rate shouldnt be a burden?

And don't take this as a personal attack it isn't im just having a discussion/debate with you that can be civil if you want it to be?

Old 07-02-2015, 12:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
The Mortgage Interest Deduction is a DEDUCTION, NOT A SUBSIDY, Big difference. The poor is given money to help pay for a place to live, the middle class work to pay for their home and can deduct the interest only portion of their mortgage keeping "a little more" of their money. How much does the middle class worker need to work each month to earn the money (after taxes) that the poor get for a housing subsidy each month? And you begrudge the middle class a tax deduction? That's greedy.

Of course the more you make the more they take and the mortgage interest is no different, keeping the middle class trapped. Don't forget about the mortgage interest phaseout. if you have an adjusted gross income of over $166,800, your mortgage interest deduction starts to get phased out.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Half of all low-income renters pay at least half their income for shelter.

Subsidized renters pay only 30% for shelter.

Most poor renters are NOT given money to help pay for a place to live.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Petch751 the tax burden is less today then during and after WWII. The reason why it feels so high is because the value of the dollar is far less then was in WWII etc. Do you deny the debt stats i postted? You seem to believe that your group is the only group that pays taxes. Well if your 100% debt free then the 28% income tax rate shouldnt be a burden?

And don't take this as a personal attack it isn't im just having a discussion/debate with you that can be civil if you want it to be?
This isn't about me, it's about the middle class caught in a trap. "what about the poor", is the constant rhetoric as the government siphons and demands more money off the American people. It's time for the poor to put their big boy and girl pants on and support themselves like the rest of us. It's time for them to stop blaming everyone else.

It's time for the middle class to worry about themselves, educate themselves on personal finance, stop blaming others, learn from and undo their mistakes, work toward replacing their income that requires their time with passive income. This takes money above their expenses, reduce expenses, pay themselves first, learn to keep more of their money, if the government would get off their backs, stop soaking them of their hard earned money, they too can build some wealth and be better off.

As for a civil discussion, you made assumptions that were way off, assuming that I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, assuming I can't handle my finances. I pay a lot in taxes and idiot democrats demanding more. At what point did you think people would get tired of being robbed? So yes, a civil discussion if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies