Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:45 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
WOW.... another civics lesson on representation. Almost word for word out of a sophomore text book.
Fortunately I left those books behind for the next class to read. Then I entered the real world where the theory and application collide. Until the situation is turned around and government fears the people, and not the other way around, as it is now. There is nothing to stop the pandering politician who acts in his own best interest. He doesn't care about you, or me.
I'm happy to have had that foundation. Saddened to find a house made of straw placed on it. When the wind blows the roof off enough times you too will leave that sophomore fantasy-land, or read it to your kids before they sleep as the fairy-tail it is.

There is always a princess somewhere looking to kiss a frog. Frogs still hopping around looking for that kiss. Working hard trying to get out of the mud puddle. Can't wait to be human and vote. That straw house is looking so good to them. Maybe they will go to the bank and get a loan for it. They will get it too. Catching fly's with your tongue is a great job. Only to find out later, it's too good for them, and that job needs to go to China. Oh well, it was only straw. Honey aren't you glad we didn't pay for a brick house. Living in the mud is not so bad, after all we're young and we can start over. And far to many of them will at lower paying jobs.
I made my first million in the mud...........before I was 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 02:55 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
Middle class = people who uses credit cards

Old 07-01-2015, 02:59 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
Some people use credit cards as purely a matter of convenience and pay off the bills every month, never revolving a balance and never paying interest. (Me.)

Old 07-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
I........like many others use credit cards to track expenses.

It is free.........and great at tax time.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some people use credit cards as purely a matter of convenience and pay off the bills every month, never revolving a balance and never paying interest. (Me.)
That is what I do.........I always get back over $1000 in cash rewards.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:15 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I made my first million in the mud...........before I was 40.
I like frogs too.
I used to carry one around in my pocket.

One day when my wife ask me if I thought she was attractive and loved her. I told her
"Honey your the prettiest frog in the pond."
That's why I married you !!!

And she said " frog huh "
I said " but honey you know how I like frogs"
And she said "frog huh "
but but but " honey "

Old 07-01-2015, 03:23 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
I know they say that Democracy is Mob Rule and tyranny of against the minority.
But what we have now is tyranny by the minority vis Multinational Corporations and Banks.

This country would be in much better shape if it had been ruled by the majority the last 15 years.

The majority in this country were against Obamacare, Big Pharma and Insurance was all for it.
The majority in this country were against the Banking Bailouts, Big Finance was all for it.
The majority in this country were against TPP, NAFTA and GATT, Nationless Corporations are all for it.
The majority in this country were against The Iraq War, the MIC was all for it.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The middle class has been forgot basically. I do not mind that because I do not want any welfare; you end up dependent like the lower classes. But I do have to say the bank bailouts were paid back with a profit. Now GM and Chrysler are a different story. Auto unions definitely got special treatment and paid off in that deal. The so called stimulus was a joke as far as massive infrastructure program also.One day like Greece politician will wander why no one wants to work except for government who makes no profits to pay taxes with. If you look at ACA some pay little and others pay more than ever for same thing. Average of subsidity is 75% of cost to insure as leased the other day.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:31 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Upper class = people who invest there money to the point where everything is out of pocket cost
Credit cards = Middle class = people who make up for losses by paying an extra fee
Lower class = people who are on public assistance and government support like Section 8, and medicaid

I might live in an upper class world but your an lower class entity. I might own property but I still take from the public funds.

Example : An woman was married and live inside of an big house with her husband. She took off from work to give birth and was unable to go back to school. When you go into your yard it is like the end of "Narnia" , it goes on forever= Upper Class

Example : The same woman got divorced and moved into an small one bedroom. Her son is big as the living room and her daughter got medical problems like bad eyesight, from being in such small dwelling. When you look outside the window all you see is an brick wall from where another one room household have an bigger problem. Sometimes you wish you was like the characters at the end of Narina. Dead. = lower class

Old 07-01-2015, 03:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But I do have to say the bank bailouts were paid back with a profit.

Paid back to who? The average Citizen or bankrupt homeowner or back to the government that is owned by the banks? The Bail Outs were peanuts when you consider the amount of money handed out to the Finance Industry through QE and other gimmicks.

The average American in this country is literally being raped by the top 1% and above in this country, creating fraudulent finance instruments, crooked trade deals and crony contracts to pad their pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies