Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:25 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They do however the majority will be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. The fiscal aspect takes precedent so they pick conservative.
Bingo The archetype of the petulant social conservative who rants about guns, gays, and God is going the way of the dinosaur. But man, are they fun to needle while they're still around!

Old 07-02-2015, 12:03 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Conservatives identify as conservatives. A lot of liberals think they are moderates.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Bingo The archetype of the petulant social conservative who rants about guns, gays, and God is going the way of the dinosaur. But man, are they fun to needle while they're still around!
Maybe on God and gays, not guns.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:23 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Conservatives identify as conservatives. A lot of liberals think they are moderates.
That is exactly the kind of (your either with me or against me) thinking that is alienating many to the Republican party.

So just to cover the hot topics I am:

for limited gun control
ProChoice
don't care about gays getting married
against overseas military engagements unless the US is attacked.
for major cuts in military spending
for Universal HC (single payer would be preferable)
AND
for a balanced budget
for cutting the size of government
for trade controls that favor US-based employment
for US Oil and Gas drilling to encourage self sufficiency (even if that means higher gas prices)
for reforming entitlement programs to include limits and/or cuts to Medicare/caid, SS, Welfare

How would you label me ?

I can tell you the only Republican close to my outlook is Rand.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That is exactly the kind of (your either with me or against me) thinking that is alienating many to the Republican party.

So just to cover the hot topics I am:

for limited gun control
ProChoice
don't care about gays getting married
against overseas military engagements unless the US is attacked.
for major cuts in military spending
for Universal HC (single payer would be preferable)
AND
for a balanced budget
for cutting the size of government
for trade controls that favor US-based employment
for US Oil and Gas drilling to encourage self sufficiency (even if that means higher gas prices)
for reforming entitlement programs to include limits and/or cuts to Medicare/caid, SS, Welfare

How would you label me ?

I can tell you the only Republican close to my outlook is Rand.
Did I ever state you were a liberal? The only Republican (or Democrat) close to my outlook is Rand.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:32 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This is true - I find myself labeled "Liberal" (damn dirty) just because I express socially open views but I am nowhere near liberal on fiscal policies and actually more fiscally conservative than most sitting Republicans.
40 years ago you would have been in the middle of the "conservative" spectrum with those views.

Now days you are a "liberal" with this new mentality of 'if you aren't as far right as I am...............you are a liberal'.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:17 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
40 years ago you would have been in the middle of the "conservative" spectrum with those views.

Now days you are a "liberal" with this new mentality of 'if you aren't as far right as I am...............you are a liberal'.
Fifty years ago, the leader of the Republican Party, Barry Goldwater, personally favored integration. He pushed for it hard as the policy within government and the military, and he integrated his own family business. He was opposed to southern laws that mandated segregation for private business and state governments...and was just as opposed to federal laws that would mandate integration for private businesses.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:58 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Liberalism isn't winning per,ce. , Political issues are taking precedent over Biblical issues within the Political realm. Political issues would suffer the same loses in Religion.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:10 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
It because most conservtive has jobs and taking care of family, they dont have time to play the web and media

Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Fifty years ago, the leader of the Republican Party, Barry Goldwater, personally favored integration. He pushed for it hard as the policy within government and the military, and he integrated his own family business. He was opposed to southern laws that mandated segregation for private business and state governments...and was just as opposed to federal laws that would mandate integration for private businesses.
Goldwater was a great man often wrongly vilified for his principled vote against the 1965 CRA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies