Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 07:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
ISIS should adopt the rebel flag. Maybe then LWNJs would condemn them for their acts. What am I thinking....then that flag would no longer be "racist" but something we must accept and respect in the name of diversity.
Condemning them and thinking its our problem is two different things. You can not help people who will not help themselves.

Do you disagree with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 09:07 AM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Condemning them and thinking its our problem is two different things. You can not help people who will not help themselves.

Do you disagree with that?
Not in the least. I've said several times that there is nothing and no one in the ME worth the sacrifice of the life of one American serviceman, and that ISIS is their problem. By the same token, I'm more than willing and able to call ISIS, and their supporters, animals (which is a disservice to animals). I don't make excuses for them or minimize the threat and the atrocities committed in the name of radical Islam, as so many leftists do. Or something pathetically childish such as dismissing their acts by saying "well, Christians do baaayd things too".

BTW, did you read that ISIS has an estimated 42 million supporters in Islam throughout the world? http://www.clarionproject.org/analys...ers-arab-world

Old 07-02-2015, 09:11 AM

30,325 posts, read 19,107,564 times
It's there problem unless they come over to our world. If they do, we tell them you F#ch, with us, bam goes Mecca, boom goes Medina....and then we go from there.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:13 AM

35,043 posts, read 31,233,730 times
There is no will in the US to stop them. We have the military capability, but not the political wherewithal. That said, involving ourselves is jut going to put us back on a merry go round over brutal groups in the Arab world.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:34 AM

14,478 posts, read 11,269,779 times
Quote:
Dead is dead.
Not according to our own judicial system

Old 07-02-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Not in the least. I've said several times that there is nothing and no one in the ME worth the sacrifice of the life of one American serviceman, and that ISIS is their problem. By the same token, I'm more than willing and able to call ISIS, and their supporters, animals (which is a disservice to animals). I don't make excuses for them or minimize the threat and the atrocities committed in the name of radical Islam, as so many leftists do. Or something pathetically childish such as dismissing their acts by saying "well, Christians do baaayd things too".

BTW, did you read that ISIS has an estimated 42 million supporters in Islam throughout the world? ISIS Has Up To 42 Million Supporters in the Arab World
The only problem I have there is ignoring the thousands we have needlessly killed while condemning Isis. Sure a beheading is barbaric but by sword or drone you are still as dead.

Iraq is a mess because of us. Libya the same. We armed those creating the mess in Syria.

It's one thing when someone else is the bad guy. It's another when its us and we could stop if we wanted to.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:46 AM

35,043 posts, read 31,233,730 times
Quote:
The only problem I have there is ignoring the thousands we have needlessly killed while condemning Isis. Sure a beheading is barbaric but by sword or drone you are still as dead.

Iraq is a mess because of us. Libya the same. We armed those creating the mess in Syria.

It's one thing when someone else is the bad guy. It's another when its us and we could stop if we wanted to.
The situation was screwed up when we got there and we made it worse. Saddam was better than ISIS, but do you have any real confidence we can actually straighten it back out?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
The situation was screwed up when we got there and we made it worse. Saddam was better than ISIS, but do you have any real confidence we can actually straighten it back out?
Why would you ask me this? My position forever has been to end the war. Period. Bring the troops home and quit wasting our resources.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:49 AM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
Quote:

Except, short of turning the entire Middle East into glass, we can't stop it. We tried that, remember? A 9th century culture fighting over trivial differences in a silly superstition isn't something we can fix with a drone. It's up to the people of the ME to deal with their own problems. Going in and sacrificing more young Americans isn't going to "fix" anything, and will turn both/all sides in this silly squabble against US.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Except, short of turning the entire Middle East into glass, we can't stop it. We tried that, remember?
Again, why direct this towards me. I've never argued we could.

Quote:
A 9th century culture fighting over trivial differences in a silly superstition isn't something we can fix with a drone. It's up to the people of the ME to deal with their own problems. Going in and sacrificing more young Americans isn't going to "fix" anything, and will turn both/all sides in this silly squabble against US.
How is this different than me saying that we can't help those who refuse to help themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies