Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Believe this young man should be Charged with Animal Cruelty and why or why not?
YES 6 27.27%
NO 15 68.18%
I DON'T KNOW 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:43 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yes, if the dog died because of his criminal negligence.

The dog was in his care and do to his negligent behavior the dog died.

He may have tried to save the dog and may even be sorrowful but that doesn't relieve him of his responsibility to the care of that animal.

This is in no way relatable to hunting dogs used in a responsible manner that may die because of that hunting activity.
then why not start fining and charging puppy mills with criminal negligence? Do you have any idea what those dogs go thru all their lives.

and why not start charging the same to people who throw their dogs in dumpsters, etc.....?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 10:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Yes, if the dog died because of his criminal negligence.

The dog was in his care and do to his negligent behavior the dog died.

He may have tried to save the dog and may even be sorrowful but that doesn't relieve him of his responsibility to the care of that animal.

This is in no way relatable to hunting dogs used in a responsible manner that may die because of that hunting activity.
I am not sure there is a safe way to turn dogs out on a bear.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
then why not start fining and charging puppy mills with criminal negligence? Do you have any idea what those dogs go thru all their lives.

and why not start charging the same to people who throw their dogs in dumpsters, etc.....?????

Works for me you won't get any disagreement from me on that.

However you need to separate and not conflate the two different situations.

If I was the DA I would charge him ESPECIALLY given his past history of negligence.

Is there hypocrisy on this subject? No doubt, we are dealing with humans.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
I don't know the laws in NJ, so I don't know if he broke the animal cruelty law. It may include negiligence, which would apply.

But if you can arrest someone for being an idiot, he would be guilty as charged.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Works for me you won't get any disagreement from me on that.

However you need to separate and not conflate the two different situations.

If I was the DA I would charge him ESPECIALLY given his past history of negligence.

Is there hypocrisy on this subject? No doubt, we are dealing with humans.
yes, indeed, he does have a past history, but to get him on Animal Cruelty is just down right vengence....

was it irresponsible, yes
was it wrong, yes
was it a real dumb thing to do, absolutely,
but he didn't do it with the intention of killing or hurting his dog.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:16 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
yes, he did, but he didn't deliberately kill his dog....
what he did was stupid...but when he took his dog into his truck, he wasn't thinking, "I'm going to kill my dog tonight".

and there are witnesses who saw him jump in and try to save the dog, they had to hold him back....

it was a terrible thing to do, however, I cannot and will not, justify, 3 counts of animal cruelty....especially when other people leave their dogs sit in a hot car, intentionally throw a dog away into some dumpster, or the puppy mills....

whoever charged him is nuts....I'm sorry but that person should be fired.
He would have been charged if it was a human who AGREED to go along nonetheless had no choice in the matter.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:17 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
yes, indeed, he does have a past history, but to get him on Animal Cruelty is just down right vengence....

was it irresponsible, yes
was it wrong, yes
was it a real dumb thing to do, absolutely,
but he didn't do it with the intention of killing or hurting his dog.
When you hit someone with your car unintentionally and kill them you get charged with vehicular manslaughter. I don't see why animals should not get the same consideration.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He would have been charged if it was a human who AGREED to go along nonetheless had no choice in the matter.
uh huh, absolutely, but it wasn't a human...and he dove in to try and save his dog, they said he was grief stricken....

honestly I understand your point, but can you see mine? There is a fine line here....

and I don't believe he deserved that....

Old 07-02-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
When you hit someone with your car unintentionally and kill them you get charged with vehicular manslaughter. I don't see why animals should not get the same consideration.
I totally disagree, cuz now your opening another can of worms and each and every circumstance is different.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am not sure there is a safe way to turn dogs out on a bear.

There isn't and I've hunted on dogs for both bear and pig. Well until Kommiefornia outlawed the practice

However these are sanctioned legal events and those dogs are trained, bred and well taken care of for that purpose also al the dog guides I ever hunted with took great care to try and keep their dogs out of trouble as it is an expensive hit to lose a good dog.

This guy was being a criminaly negligent dumbass not only did he risk his own life needlessly and that of his dog but the first responders that dispatched to the scene. Not to mention the recovery crew to get his truck up off the river bed as it continued to pollute the waterway.

No I'm am of the mind that the DA needs to throw the book at this idiot and if animal cruelty fits so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies