Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's because people don't care about spending money on stuff THEY WANT. It's spending money on things THEY HAVE TO that gets them worked up. Some people have no issue dropping $1500 on a TV but become outraged when the price of a gallon of gas goes up 10 cents.
I agree, when I see people pay for food with a welfare debit card and go get into a far better car then I have, I have a real problem with that.

Odd you said that, I too have seen people have the house full of toys and complain about gas, but then I have to laugh because those same people are the ones that scare me. They are weak people who will believe anything someone tells them and these people VOTE... OMG

Have you heard people actually whine about 0.10? I have. They are hilarious to listen to, like 0.10 is going to kill them when they are driving a brand new ram truck !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 06:56 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
On the one hand, to be fair, I did ask roseba if he/she could manage my money better than I can. On the other hand he/she imparted unnecessary judgements rather than an impartial financial analysis. I never said I wasn't making ends meet. I am. And I'm fine with my own finances. I said I didn't make enough to just throw money around like it grew on trees. So I don't think I should have to give up anything because others aren't pulling their own weight.

What was appalling was his/her opinion that I should provide less of a house for my family so that I could pay for pre-school for his/her children. THIS type of attitude is unacceptable. THis type of attitude has lead to the welfare state we have now.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:13 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
My goodness, I know a lady who make on average 100.00 per day EVERY SINGLE day on Ebay from selling yard sale junk.
I wonder what her living room looks like...

Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I'm sure that Hugo is humbled.

And the pumps that move that gas from a tank into your car were manufactured with how much Indian and Chinese content? What was the nationality of the equipment operator who dug the hole that the tanks sit in? Who was behind the wheel of the tanker that delivered the gas to the station in the first place? What sort of folks were living on the platform out in the Gulf that got the crude out of the ground to begin with? G-l-o-b-a-l...you can't get away from it...
Well - those working in the Gulf of Mexico are mostly Americans. And, it was an American who drives the tanker truck -

Etc

See - I think of American - not ethnic - like you

Old 01-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
What was appalling was his/her opinion that I should provide less of a house for my family so that I could pay for pre-school for his/her children. THIS type of attitude is unacceptable. THis type of attitude has lead to the welfare state we have now.
You can think what you like, but from where I sit, anyone who is somehow struggling on $350K is just plain not doing it right...

Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
See - I think of American - not ethnic - like you
You can think whatever you like as well. But there isn't anything American anymore. It's all a blend...sort of like that 10% ethanol thing. Who knows what sort of private remittances your anti-Citgo stance is supporting...

Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
You can think whatever you like as well. But there isn't anything American anymore. It's all a blend...sort of like that 10% ethanol thing. Who knows what sort of private remittances your anti-Citgo stance is supporting...
Oh, I don't know.

We have some furniture - for the new house. Trees were cut in California. The craftsman is here near us - American guy - used to live in upstate New York - then he got smart and got out -

Hand crafted all the way - Very American I would say

You need to learn some optimism -

Old 01-27-2008, 08:56 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
You can think what you like, but from where I sit, anyone who is somehow struggling on $350K is just plain not doing it right...
Why do you insist on making up this "struggling" nonsense? Nobody said anything about struggling. Just the opposite. I'm doing fine. In fact, if you look at the numbers, between the college funds and retirement fund, I'm saving 60K per year. Does that sound like someone who is "struggling"? There is still no reason I should pay for your kids to go to pre-school. Pay for your own kids, or dont send them at all. Better yet, if you cant afford to take care of your kids properly, just dont have them until you can afford it.

Nobody said anything about making $350 either. I never disclosed my salary. That is just a number that the poster decided to work with so I went along with it.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, I don't know. We have some furniture - for the new house. Trees were cut in California. The craftsman is here near us - American guy - used to live in upstate New York - then he got smart and got out - Hand crafted all the way - Very American I would say
Hmmm. Convenient subject change. But I wonder who milled that lumber (good chance it was some illegals). I wonder how it got out of California. I wonder who forged the steel tools your New York refugee used...

Quote:
You need to learn some optimism -
Oh, I'm overdosing on optimism. 359 more days and maybe I'll have something to show for it...

Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Convenient subject change. But I wonder who milled that lumber (good chance it was some illegals). I wonder how it got out of California. I wonder who forged the steel tools your New York refugee used...
How was that a subject change? You said nothing is made in America anymore.

Ever stop an wonder why stuff is being made overseas? Instead of blaming the evil corporations for trying to increase profits, how about taking a look at Joe Public who wants everything at the lowest price possible. This is a big reason were inundated with products not made here in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies