Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 541 times

Advertisements

Read the chart again, the quote does not match the stats shown in the chart. Go to total violence and look across thw column at the offender. Do not add the percentages in the columns. For example, i believe the person who posted this, went down the column that says black as the offender and added the percentages minus blk on blk crime and made the statement that blacks committes 60 percent of the crimes against other races. Misleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 12:56 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,746,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by world peace View Post
Read the chart again, the quote does not match the stats shown in the chart. Go to total violence and look across thw column at the offender. Do not add the percentages in the columns. For example, i believe the person who posted this, went down the column that says black as the offender and added the percentages minus blk on blk crime and made the statement that blacks committes 60 percent of the crimes against other races. Misleading.
The numbers were calculated from the chart this way:

black-on-black violent crimes were 62.2% of 955,800 total violent crimes against blacks = 595,000

black-on-white: 13.7% of 4,091,971 = 561,000

black-on-Hispanic: 21.2% of 995,992 = 211,000

black-on-other: 19.3% of 440,741 = 85,000

total black-on-non-black violent crimes: 561,000 + 211,000 +85,000 = 857,000

total black violent crimes: 857,000 + 595,000 = 1,452,000

So of the 1.452 million total violent crimes committed by blacks, 857,000 were against non-blacks. That’s just under 60%.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:07 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,857,607 times
I was just about to post but you did a better job of breaking it down Dark Enlightenment. Blacks attack whites about half of the time that they commit attacks. Just imagine black on white violence might go up if white and blacks were in contact more often because of forced 'diversification' of neighborhoods the leftist are pushing hard core now.

The statistics also showed that Hispanics attacked whites more often than they attacked fellow Hispanics and were the only group to attack another racial group more than their own. So much for nice illegal aliens and Hispanics not increasing the crime rate.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:25 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,159,074 times
Wow, the "hispanic" rates are higher than the "black" rates and they attack "whites" more than anyone?

Interesting although I wonder who is counted as hispanic because they come in all backgrounds. I have seen mixed hispanics counted not as hispanic but under black.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:56 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,883,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Wow, the "hispanic" rates are higher than the "black" rates and they attack "whites" more than anyone?

Interesting although I wonder who is counted as hispanic because they come in all backgrounds. I have seen mixed hispanics counted not as hispanic but under black.
Hispanic ain't a race anyway. Dominicans are usually at least Black, Mexicans are usually part Indian and Argentines are usually white. But ALL of those people ARE tagged as Hispanic in the US.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:15 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,746,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Actually, no, 22.4% of all offenders were black compared with 14.8% who were Hispanic. And there are fewer blacks than Hispanics in the total population, so the black rate is considerably higher.

Quote:
For this chart they put Hispanics of all races in the "Hispanic" category and excluded them from the other categories.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:41 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,440,058 times
News we already knew to be true.

Ever "notice" the black on white rape and sexual assault statistics from the DOJ between black males and white women and then compare it to the "numbers" of rapes and sexual assault numbers of white males and black women?

You should not notice anything when you look at those numbers too.

Racists.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hispanic ain't a race anyway. Dominicans are usually at least Black, Mexicans are usually part Indian and Argentines are usually white. But ALL of those people ARE tagged as Hispanic in the US.
Yes, this we know... that's why the statistics are interesting. Dominicans are usually mixed though.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 12-31-2015 at 09:22 AM..

Old 12-31-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Actually, no, 22.4% of all offenders were black compared with 14.8% who were Hispanic. And there are fewer blacks than Hispanics in the total population, so the black rate is considerably higher.

For this chart they put Hispanics of all races in the "Hispanic" category and excluded them from the other categories.
OK, read the number of victimizations incorrectly...that's what skimming does. LOL.

But regarding Hispanics, that doesn't make the numbers correct. On the day to day level, police wrongfully classify people. I have seen it down with people who are Hispanic being classify as non-Hispanic black. The same could occur for non-hispanic whites.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:44 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,804,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
For the first time, the DOJ has published numbers for Hispanic perpetrators of violent crime instead of just for Hispanic victims.

New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime | American Renaissance
I could not find a source link from the OP link to the conservative blog of which is chart is derived.

However, on the chart it states that white victims have black perpetuators about 13% of the time.

Also that black victims have white perpetuators 10% of the time. The rest of the chart shows what people have been saying for years and which is also shown in the numbers cited above, that whites commit crime primarily against whites, blacks against black, and hispanics against hispanics.

Also, as always, which is why I would like to see the source, I'll look up the "source" on the meme'd chart (FYI, never take memes to be the truth, many people create them with made up information) and see if it matches what is on the conservative blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies