Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 02:38 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Spending massive amount of money on lobbying doesnt mean the companies wouldnt exist if they didnt spend money on lobbying. Your response makes no sense, especially given the history of this nation where it took government to break up companies like US Steel, ATT, etc..

it STILL didnt eliminate corporations, and they didnt need lobbyists to grow to humongous sizes.
Yah, these "nationless corporation" whiners need to go research the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 02:44 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Spending massive amount of money on lobbying doesnt mean the companies wouldnt exist if they didnt spend money on lobbying. Your response makes no sense, especially given the history of this nation where it took government to break up companies like US Steel, ATT, etc..

it STILL didnt eliminate corporations, and they didnt need lobbyists to grow to humongous sizes.
I see, it is just a coinkydink and the corporations that are bribing politicians and spending record amounts of money on campaigns are doing it all to be kind and do not expect a return on investment.

Got it!

Old 07-03-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Yah, these "nationless corporation" whiners need to go research the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
I think you two should go home for the day from your ministry of crony capitalism propaganda headquarters...

Old 07-03-2015, 02:53 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Still waiting for all the public employees to forfeit their pensions, which are funded by corporate profits, dividends, and stock value. Have they done so yet?

Old 07-03-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Still waiting for all the public employees to forfeit their pensions, which are funded by corporate profits, dividends, and stock value. Have they done so yet?
Who are you voting for next election?

Hillary or Jeb?
It looks like that is Wall Street Picks

Wall Street says – Vote for whomever you like so long as it’s Hillary or Jeb | AgainstCronyCapitalism.org

Wall Street says – Vote for whomever you like so long as it’s Hillary or Jeb

Old 07-03-2015, 02:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I see, it is just a coinkydink and the corporations that are bribing politicians and spending record amounts of money on campaigns are doing it all to be kind and do not expect a return on investment.

Got it!
FAIL..

They are spending record amounts of money on campaigns because GOVERNMENT IS REGULATING THEM..

They'd be a complete idiot not to buy influence..

Old 07-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I think you two should go home for the day from your ministry of crony capitalism propaganda headquarters...
I see you completely avoided the discussion, why is that?

Cite for me how exactly you reign in corporations if not through government legislation or competition? I'm waiting for an answer.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
FAIL..

They are spending record amounts of money on campaigns because GOVERNMENT IS REGULATING THEM..

They'd be a complete idiot not to buy influence..
Funny Joke - Yea let us run with that for a second:

Who is writing the regulations, the Average American on Main Street?
The majority of Americans living paycheck to paycheck?
Are one of the Corporate Shills in DC?

Old 07-03-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Funny Joke - Yea let us run with that for a second:

Who is writing the regulations, the Average American on Main Street?
The majority of Americans living paycheck to paycheck?
Are one of the Corporate Shills in DC?
You are completely misunderstanding the points.

I DONT AGREE with regulations that limit competition.

Its POLITICIANS who allow the influence to be bought, which makes them the biggest threat, not companies. Companies by design will limit each others ability to buy influence if companies are allowed to grow and prosper..

Of course we have left wing kooks who wine and cry all day long about businesses.. thread as point.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I see you completely avoided the discussion, why is that?

Cite for me how exactly you reign in corporations if not through government legislation or competition? I'm waiting for an answer.
If you don't quit saying corporations and not adding crony corporations to it, you are going on ignore.
There is BIG difference Jack.

You reign in the Crony Corporations and Banks by shrinking the government.
But Crony Corporations and Banks want a Big Government to serve them so that is not going to happen.

Tell me how you would go about shrinking the government when DC does not even listen to the majority of Americans but only to wealthy interests.

https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/
Study: Congress literally doesn’t care what you think

Quote:
One thing that does have an influence? Money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” Economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

Go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies