Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
A good portion of American couples don't have what is known as a robust sex life. I think it averages about once a week.
still, i think what i mentioned is more a reason than what you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 01:21 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that a lot of parents forget what it was like to be that age. It's easy to talk about abstinence when you have an adults self control and the hormones aren't new to you.
I didn't say anything about abstinence. I've advocated being honest and open about sex, and providing teens with barrier method contraceptives in several posts.

What makes this a particularly hard problem to solve among some populations is that they get free BC via Medicaid or CHIP but aren't using it.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

What makes this a particularly hard problem to solve among some populations is that they get free BC via Medicaid or CHIP but aren't using it.
But that has nothing to do with this thread.

You seem to be putting forth an argument as if these teens are receiving(actually getting it, not just the option) free birth control and throwing it away, when that clearly isnt the case.

i really doubt you would go to your school nurse, ask for the pill, and then never take it.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Still a MAJOR problem:

Births to Unmarried Women | Child Trends

It's a significant problem, and by ignoring it, you're a cruel enabler of children's (and later when they're adults) struggle and hardship.
Im not ignoring it at all, poor families in general are a major problem.

Im arguing based on the actual words of your post where you equated being unwed to being in a single family home when they are not one in the same, which you have already agreed is true.

you are jsut being arbitrary at this point.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But that has nothing to do with this thread.
Actually, it does. Free BC could be handed out at schools like it is handed out via Medicaid and CHIP, but you'd still have the same populations CHOOSING to not use it.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Im not ignoring it at all, poor families in general are a major problem.

Im arguing based on the actual words of your post where you equated being unwed to being in a single family home when they are not one in the same, which you have already agreed is true.

you are jsut being arbitrary at this point.
I'm a child advocate. We already know that the populations who get free BC aren't using it. THAT issue needs to be addressed. By not doing so, you're a hardship enabler. BIG difference between the two of us.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Actually, it does. Free BC could be handed out at schools like it is handed out via Medicaid and CHIP, but you'd still have the same populations CHOOSING to not use it.
The OP is about the simply ability of kids to get these things from a school. not whether or not some groups of students choose to use them or not.

The very logic that they wouldnt use it proves that point.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I'm a child advocate. We already know that the populations who get free BC aren't using it. THAT issue needs to be addressed. By not doing so, you're a hardship enabler. BIG difference between the two of us.
This is completely false in the way that you are arguing it.

the county health clinic gives out free condoms to who ever asks, however the health clinic is 40 miles away from me, so while I technically have access to it, in reality I cant get to it.

Is CHIP and Medicaid not the same, you would need a doctors visit, which means informing your parents in one way or another may it be by transportation or the bill. Even a doctors bill that says you owe nothing still comes to your house.

By you not being realistic, the enabler is you.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:40 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times
More secular teachers and administrators spindoctoring themselves from their mission statement delving into
matters that expose their extreme leftest views on children being mentored by immoral philosophers gone into
la la land . Stop it, shut up and teach!!!!

Old 07-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
The OP is about the simply ability of kids to get these things from a school. not whether or not some groups of students choose to use them or not.
Yes, provide free barrier method contraceptives at schools. Just don't be surprised when the same populations who already get free contraceptives CHOOSE to not use the ones provided for free at schools, either.

You're deliberately avoiding the fact that unwed births are significantly higher among the populations most likely to already be receiving Medicaid and CHIP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies