Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:33 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
No. B. Hussein Obama is the traitor.
Case in point. This kind of ridiculous stuff. You do know that Hussein is an extremely common name, right? And you do know that he was named after his father, right? I mean, you wouldn't be foolish or uneducated enough to assume that someone's name determines what kind of person he is and whether or not you should respect him, right? Right?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I have a picture on a email of Michelle and a gorilla, the resemblance is striking.
They made a movie about killing Bush
Obama never set foot on the mainland until he was 18, he isen't one of us.
Again, the ignorance is astonishing.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:36 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Why are you so angry?

Yes there has always been disrespect for the president - on late night tv and comedy and letters to the editor types of things. But never in my life have I seen what has happened in the last six years, and it has everything to do with the fact that Obama's father was African and that he is black. I'm pretty sure they weren't talking about Bush on Stormfront. I'm pretty sure no one wanted Bush dead because he was yet another white guy in office.

As far as people STILL blaming Bush for starting the Iraq invasion - why would we stop blaming him just because he left office? Does that mean the crap he started and the lives he ruined doesn't matter because now he's retired? Wow, someone should have told Nixon!

As for me, you don't know a darn thing about me. I am an admitted liberal, but I hold no party affiliation and I would be happy to see us get out of the Dems vs Repubs rut that is dividing this country. Maybe you should consider that as well.
Hahaha I seem angry? Do I? Again - point me to the post. I'm the one saying, levelheadedly, that all presidents receive hate, and that I don't see any change from term to term other than a switch of the parties and a switch of who's doing the hating, while you are accusing a group of people of hating this president more than anybody has hated any other and I'm the angry one?

I don't know anything about you but I can sure guess based on what I see.

You clearly have an agenda - just like the Obama haters. I won't be talking to you about this anymore. All I have left to say is - we'll come back to this if a Republican is voted into office in 2016, starting maybe even with the primaries and debates - and we will definitely come back to this a couple years in to that presidency. Let's see how the other side treats the side in question now, in this vicious cycle only I seem to see.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I have a picture on a email of Michelle and a gorilla, the resemblance is striking.
They made a movie about killing Bush
Obama never set foot on the mainland until he was 18, he isen't one of us.
The Democrat party is much farther left than it was a decade ago, They are full Communist now and thats why the hate for Obama, not because he's black.
Yes. They did. But some people are too busy pushing an agenda to see this little fact.

No one wished death on Bush, right? That only happened to Obama - because he's black, right? No one has ever even tried to kill a Republican white president - oh wait, whoops, President Reagan. Hmm...

Old 07-07-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yes. They did. But some people are too busy pushing an agenda to see this little fact.

No one wished death on Bush, right? That only happened to Obama - because he's black, right? No one has ever even tried to kill a Republican white president - oh wait, whoops, President Reagan. Hmm...
You've already edited this post at least three times.

And yeah, they were/are wishing death on him because he's black on Stormfront and no doubt in the living rooms and bars of people who think that way. The man who tried to assassinate Reagan was a paranoid schizophrenic. What's your excuse for the racists?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 PM

508 posts, read 663,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Most people don't care that he is a mulatto, it is his liberal progressive policies we abhor. His lawless regime does him no favors either.

Will he host a party for those military heroes at his mansion in Chicago in 2017? I wouldn't lose sleep counting on it.
Mulatto? SERIOUSLY?

I guess you're just an old-fashioned bigot.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojj View Post
Mulatto? SERIOUSLY?

I guess you're just an old-fashioned bigot.
The poster literally said he/she - and in his or her opinion, most other people - does/do not care about Obama's race, then listed the policies/politics about him they dislike, yet you focus on the one outdated word used to describe that Obama is biracial then call the poster a bigot. This is why no one can even get away with criticizing Obama in a legitimate way - they're instantly called a racist. Even if they admit they do not care about his race. The poster's exact words: "it is his liberal progressive policies we abhor. His lawless regime does him no favors either." I guess this poster is a bigot for disagreeing with liberal progressive policies then? Nice to see how you think.

My 85 year old grandpa calls black people "coloreds." He does not dislike blacks, discriminate against them, or anything similar, in any way. He just uses the term he is used to from his time. Does this make him a flaming racist? Does this make him a bigot? 85 years old.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Bush hadnt a clue what he was doing;, he was a total embarrassment to your country.. a warmonger who didnt know if he was coming or going.. Obama is another stamp entirely and well thought of over here in the UK.. Ive never heard a bad word said about the man, its always postive..
Thank God we can't get fooled again by him.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 PM

I'll just leave this right here.
Attached Thumbnails
The Great Uniter has the white house rainbow a few days ago but no red, white and blue today-repub.jpg  

Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,938,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Why do you seem so angry?

I think those people you describe are not necessarily bashing Obama himself, but what they view as a liberal agenda. People like that, and also people who feel the same way about the other side ("war on women," anyone? ) have been around probably since the inception of this country. We started as a paranoid people, we always will be. There will always be distrust, conspiracy theories, fear. It's just how it is here - and the beauty? People have the right to feel that way and create those websites and say what they want, as long as there are no direct threats or direct violent actions. Basically, what you described to me is not direct hate on the president but on his party, or should I say a specific, very liberal group of his party.

I'm not in denial about anything. Point me to the denial, please.

Again - I'm not in denial about anything. Point me to the denial.

I seriously think that the level of hate towards presidents is always the same. There are people who have such disrespect for a president or party or specific party members, on all sides, who take it to the extreme with their comments. I just don't think it's unique to Obama. I know it's not. I saw it under Bush. He was treated terribly. He was mocked. He still is.

The issue is, you clearly like the president, are probably a Democrat (I can tell from your posts) and quite liberal, and when it was Bush you - and others - probably just didn't see it the same. Heck - maybe you even joined in or laughed along, because hey - he was the Republican. The guy who started the Iraq War, the guy who can't give a speech to save his life, right? The guy who has a dumb Southern accent that makes him sound like an uneducated redneck. Just an all-around terrible, cringe-worthy guy - an embarrassment to our country. The worst president in recent history. The guy people STILL blame things for.

Now that it's a guy YOU support, you're shouting about all the criticism. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now you know how Bush supporters felt. And how any other supporters of a president you didn't support felt when hearing the cruel jabs. Cry me a river. Come talk to me when something interesting happens.
You took the only refuge that you could- defending the action of your "team" and justifying stupid behavior by saying that everyone does it. I've acknowledged that both sides jab and ridicule. The obvious difference being that people ridiculing Bush didn't stock up on ammunition on a large scale, talk about revolution, etc. But as you said, we're a paranoid country. And no one has actually started the revolution yet, so everything is okay. I guess, but I've never seen the animosity that I've seen in the last seven years, and for the record, I wasn't always a Democrat.

Am I angry? Yeah, I'm irritated that no one tells the clowns to shut up, and when I hear family members talk to their FoxNews watching gaggle of retirees about how Moochelle is a Gorilla and how the Kenyan Muslim in charge should be jailed for treason before he starts his tyrannical purge, I have to think that you guys are no longer in actual issues, you're just angry at the world changing around you. There's so much nonsense on the right- and the stated objective from the beginning of his campaign to direct all focus at negating whatever Obama does, that I have a tough time understanding the supporters or their complete passion for disinformation and antagonism. Conservatives don't even seem to care at all about the American people or governing anymore, instead focusing on winning at all cost and scapegoating liberals.

Finally, you want me to point you to the denial?? You're the one that claimed that you have not personally seen the examples I'm talking about. I'm calling BS if you've missed out on the millions of birthers, preppers, paranoid-frenzied, apocalypse-hoping whiners that claim everything the president does is a slippery slope to the end of the world. Ah, but you claim to be level-headed simply because you defend everything with a "your side does it, too." Genius.

And like clockwork in the time it took me to write this post, several people showed the kind of stupidity and ignorance that I just discussed. I'm sure you'll respond that there's nothing else to talk about, but in reality you've got to be exhausted from defending your chorus of ignorant barking seals. Are you really proud of today's Republican Party? Anti-science, anti-reason, anti-truth, anti-equality. You guys really should change your mascot to the dinosaur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies