Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 07:24 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Fair enough. I wasn't clear on his question.
Here's over 5 million years of climate history:
NASA GISS: Science Briefs: Earth's Climate History: Implications for Tomorrow

We know the difference between the natural warming cycles throughout history and what is occurring unnaturally today.
They know nothing of the sort. They don't even know how the climate actually operates, they don't even know everything about our oceans, they didn't know anything about Pluto, they don't know ****!!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2015, 07:25 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They know nothing of the sort. They don't even know how the climate actually operates, they don't even know everything about our oceans, they didn't know anything about Pluto, they don't know ****!!!!!!!!
Considering you've articulated (and demonstrated) that you have no scientific background to know what researchers understand or do not understand, please provide peer reviewed citations that prove your claims about their lack of knowledge.

Thank you.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Considering you've articulated (and demonstrated) that you have no scientific background to know what researchers understand or do not understand, please provide peer reviewed citations that prove your claims about their lack of knowledge.

Thank you.
What is the main source that causes global warming or climate change?

Old 07-24-2015, 07:28 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Wow. This is fascinating trying to engage with minds like this who are so desperate to take anything they can out of context for a cheap win. I'm speaking from a scientific perspective, not political. Let's mature this conversation.

So, what I said "I don't know" about is one storm, one season, and what causes it. I said that because I am educated enough to know that it takes time passing to measure climate.

I also never said anything about taking "radical action", whatever that means. I've actually explicitly said I support market-based solutions to this global warming problem that every major scientific organization in the world confirms we have created.
You aren't qualified like everyone else here to talk about anything scientific. I've asked you a few times now if you were a scientist and you refuse to answer, but you tell everyone how uneducated they are. Give it a rest, you are a Degrowther, it's obvious. You are using this meme of market based solutions because you know people are on to the heavy hand of government in this issue, you are trying to spin it in a new direction but are all for the same action and results. If you were a true real thinker you would question all these failed models and predictions, you would question the data tampering and lies, but you don't. It's obvious what you are doing.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You aren't qualified like everyone else here to talk about anything scientific. I've asked you a few times now if you were a scientist and you refuse to answer, but you tell everyone how uneducated they are. Give it a rest, you are a Degrowther, it's obvious. You are using this meme of market based solutions because you know people are on to the heavy hand of government in this issue, you are trying to spin it in a new direction but are all for the same action and results. If you were a true real thinker you would question all these failed models and predictions, you would question the data tampering and lies, but you don't. It's obvious what you are doing.
You've never asked me if I am a scientist. You must be confusing me with someone else. I have a science degree. I work closely with scientists. I've formally studied and worked with this research.

None of that matters though because the "I'm not a scientist" excuse radical politicians use isn't valid. Anyone can educate themselves about the research. It is made public.

You keep bringing this back to politics. I'm focused on the science here, as I've already explained to you I have no interest in ruining the economy to fix this problem, so you can stop with that degrowther, whatever that means.

The predictions haven't failed. The earth is warming faster than median predictions. Oceans are warming faster. Sea levels are rising faster than predicted. Ecosystems are shifting. Storms have increased 3mph in intensity and have declined in frequency by 6.1%, which all aligns with predictions.

Look, you're just not educated on this topic so you think what you believe is true. Take up your matter with all the scientific organizations around the world who disagree with you. I'm not going to keep trying to help you understand because you clearly already made an assumption and are seeking evience to support your dogma.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:43 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What is the main source that causes global warming or climate change?
Solar Activity, techtonic plate movement, Volcanoes, Changes in reflectivity and of course gases in the atmosphere all have contributed to climate change.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Solar Activity, techtonic plate movement, Volcanoes, Changes in reflectivity and of course gases in the atmosphere all have contributed to climate change.
Those are all factors of varying degrees, but she asked what the main source of global warming is. Scientists have strong measurements of the impact those other factors have and they are minimal compared to CO2 specifically produced by humans.

Here's a nice series of graphs to help you understand it better:

What's Really Warming the World? Climate deniers blame natural factors; NASA data proves otherwise

Old 07-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Those are all factors of varying degrees, but she asked what the main source of global warming is. Scientists have strong measurements of the impact those other factors have and they are minimal compared to CO2 specifically produced by humans.

Here's a nice series of graphs to help you understand it better:

What's Really Warming the World? Climate deniers blame natural factors; NASA data proves otherwise
Wrong. If you knew science like you say you do you should know the answer, barring the Sun, in which, by the way, not studied enough in its role in earth's weather by those who receive monies by governments and ignored by IPCC. CO2 is not the dominating factor in global weather and you should know this. Let me rephrase the question, "what, in the Earth's atmosphere, causes global weather change, be it cooler or hotter, the main culprit? By the way I'm an old man.

Last edited by jmking; 07-24-2015 at 06:19 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 07:36 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Wrong. If you knew science like you say you do you should know the answer, barring the Sun, in which, by the way, not studied enough in its role in earth's weather by those who receive monies by governments and ignored by IPCC. CO2 is not the dominating factor in global weather and you should know this. Let me rephrase the question, "what, in the Earth's atmosphere, causes global weather change, be it cooler or hotter, the main culprit? By the way I'm an old man.
Let me guess....Is it God?

Old 07-24-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Let me guess....Is it God?
It really is obvious. "86" volcanos and you are left with the only one thing that is truly a green house gas, a gas, that we as a species are blessed with. Its green house effect is paramount compared to C02, especially in recent history (within the last million years or so.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies