Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:30 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm not disputing that Finn. Of course I or anyone else would. The problem is, we're hearing more of these instances, and quite frankly folks are going to eventually get fed up with this type of stuff, and start retaliating! Think about this too, and I'll reference this from a local radio talk show host in Cleveland.... if the Mafia had the presence in this day and age as they had in most of our major cities back in the day, punks like this would have been made an example of really quick, and more than likely would have ended up in the Ohio River.
You think this is new? Beatings are as old as the human race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 11:32 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
Whether he came back wanting to fight some more is irrelevant in determining if it's a hate crime. If the black youths singled him out and beat him because he was white, it's a hate crime. Just because they couldn't finish him off and he came back for retribution doesn't mean it wasn't a hate crime.

Imagine the press if 20 white kids beat the tar out of a black kid?????? Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson would have been on the first flights to Cinti and CNN would talk for the next week how bad racism in America is.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:32 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Someone went to Cincinnati on vacation?????

Old 07-09-2015, 11:50 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep. If he thinks the guy went back to "surrender", then he is a waste of time.
the guy is walking around with his hands in the air, and you consider that threatening? really?

Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Whether he came back wanting to fight some more is irrelevant in determining if it's a hate crime. If the black youths singled him out and beat him because he was white, it's a hate crime. Just because they couldn't finish him off and he came back for retribution doesn't mean it wasn't a hate crime.

Imagine the press if 20 white kids beat the tar out of a black kid?????? Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson would have been on the first flights to Cinti and CNN would talk for the next week how bad racism in America is.
No one seems to know how the fight started, so it hard to say if it was a hate crime.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:54 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one seems to know how the fight started, so it hard to say if it was a hate crime.
A mob beating a solitary guy can hardly be called a fight.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:56 AM

781 posts, read 736,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
This is not news, this happens all the time
Of course not. This is just those wacky teens "letting off steam" again. Cuz, ya know, slavery, racism, white privilege. Got a hang nail? slavery, racism, white privilege. "d**n it's raining today," slavery, racism, white privilege. The sky is blue? slavery, racism, white privilege....

Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 AM

638 posts, read 977,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Of course not. This is just those wacky teens "letting off steam" again. Cuz, ya know, slavery, racism, white privilege. Got a hang nail? slavery, racism, white privilege. "d**n it's raining today," slavery, racism, white privilege. The sky is blue? slavery, racism, white privilege....
AKA America

Old 07-09-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I've never been to a rap or hip-hop concert and I have seen it happen before.
where did you see multiple youts gang up on another person and beat them unconscious?

Quote:
And I was confused because evidently you don't read. I don't look at videos before reading an article.
and you're still confused, because I read the article and watched the video.

Quote:
And the quote above doesn't make sense.
which quote?

Quote:
The point was (sorry I don't have a video so you can understand) is that you were attacking the other poster who said that the victim lost a lot of legal standing by going back after being assaulted to fight some more. The 3rd paragraph of the OP stated that he went back after being beat in order to fight some more. The article stated that you can see this on the video. Other posters in the thread said they saw it on the video so evidently you have issues reading and viewing videos IMO.
disagreeing with another poster is not 'attacking' them. if it is, then aren't you 'attacking' me right now?

if you don't watch the video everything you are getting is from the article, which is not substantiated by the video.

Quote:
And lol that you think fights only happen at rap/hip-hop concerts.
i do?

do you always lol at things that were never said?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
A mob beating a solitary guy can hardly be called a fight.
disturbing that anyone would keep insisting on calling it that.
and then you have brain-trusts saying things like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
what a freaking idiot. he deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies